Reviews for Grace
Anon chapter 48 . 2/4
This was a very moving chapter
Dawns Heart chapter 58 . 2/1
I was hesitant to start this story, as I generally am witha rape premise, because it's so easy to mess it up. I'm so glad I decided to give this story a chance. You were sensitive to a series of complex issues (domestic abide, sexual assault, rape) and you saw the characters of Mary and Matthew as they were - imperfect. Mary and Matthew are wonderful characters, and (along with Violet) my favourite characters on the show because they are so flawed. Robert and Cora and Edith are all less likeable to me but you penned them truly. Perhaps, in Cora's and Robert's case, you penned them as their worst selves but you penned them truly nonetheless. Violet and Isobel and Tom and Sybil were also penned truly and made me smile and my heart feel full, but the characters who made me feel the most (with laughter and tears) were Mary, Matthew and Grace.

It is so rare to write an OC well, let alone to write an OC that you love as the story goes on. You accomplished that. She is lovely.

The plot of the story was overarching and interpersonal and about character development and it kept me captivated. I was captivated and I read every chapter even when what I wanted was to give a character a good shake. You wrote the characters with empathy, in such a way that they not only came alive but that the reader empathized with them and understood them even when they didn't agree with them or thought they'd made a stupid choice or disliked them.

I would be remiss if I didn't mention the piece of writing I loved the most in this entire fic: the letters. The letters were beautiful, wonderful, full of emotion and insightful. The timing of each letter was perfect and the writing was exquisite. I cannot praise the letters enough. The letters were what made me fall in love with the story.

Thank you for sharing this story. It was a fantastic journey, one I will likely return to again, and it was a wonderful read.
Purplepox63010 chapter 58 . 12/24/2017
cool. just crying whatever. brilliant story! amazing job!
Purplepox63010 chapter 52 . 12/24/2017
stop. this talk of ‘later’ is freaking me out. but it’s so damn good. ugh.
Purplepox63010 chapter 40 . 12/23/2017
This was an amazing chapter! I love breaking points between M and M. Can’t wait to read the rest
Purplepox63010 chapter 28 . 12/22/2017
damn what a chapter! i hate to say that i love angst. cuz the best is yet to come and i’m here for it.
Mr. Chaos chapter 58 . 7/6/2017
So I finally got done reading this and I have to say I truly enjoyed it. There were some odd parts (still not sure how Cora and Robert ended up flip flopped when it looked early on that Cora would be Mary's greatest ally and in the end she was the one begging forgiveness) but I truly did enjoy it. Frustrating in all the right spots, funny, heartwarming, tragic, a great blend of emotions and you blended them so well.
Guest chapter 58 . 6/2/2017
Just finished this story , it is very good and wonderfully well written, I cried a bit when Mary finally told Robert what happened in the small library , my heart ached with Mary. You really have talent and I hope you will still write DA story.
Bedazzled1918 chapter 58 . 5/18/2017
What a beautifully written story this is. You have a real talent for writing. X
savetheclaypots chapter 58 . 4/30/2017
This story was so beautiful, I don't even have the words to say how much I adored it.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for taking the time to write it and share it with all of us. I can only imagine that writing a story this long, with such a plot as it had must have taken a toll even if the end result was so very worth it.

I have too many favorite parts to count or do justice, but I wanted to let you know that you gave these beloved characters such depth. Reading them grow and learn and forgive each other was a joy...and truly I would as far as to say that in a lot of ways you did these characters more justice than the show ever did.

Thank you.
erhea chapter 15 . 4/21/2017
"You might have noticed the size of Robert's head; it was not an easy or a short labor" this is priceless... Pricelesss, I tell you!
pingou chapter 58 . 4/17/2017
After hours and hours of reading I finally let myself cry.

Guest chapter 58 . 3/28/2017
Thank you.
Arrow403683 chapter 58 . 1/24/2017
I have to say, this is the first Downton fic I have read, (although I have been reading others for years!), boy was it worth it! long though it was, I think you addressed the issues and complexities of Mary's psych perfectly. And who doesn't love a bit of soppy M&M love? Thanks for the journey :)
Guest chapter 19 . 1/23/2017