Reviews for Sail Away
robotminione chapter 1 . 10/27/2012
I'd like to echo everything else that has been said about this story. It really gets the point across simply, it makes you feel for the characters, and it's believable as it's based on cannon characterizations and the impressions actually given during the series. The only comment I have is one nit-pick on sailing vocabulary - one wouldn't "lash down" the mainsail or the jib. To lash something down, whether on a boat, trailer, or anything else, is to tie it down to a surface to prevent if from moving about. If he's trying to make sure the sails stay in the proper position to keep the boat going, I think we'd say he "tied them off". The only way a sail would be "lashed down" would be if you'd lowered the main and were storing it tied to the boom. However, if he wanted to tie the tiller in place to keep the boat on course while he adjusted the sails, then the tiller could be said to be "lashed down".

Seriously, though, don't mind my nit-picking. Great story.
thayet9 chapter 1 . 4/15/2012
This was not long in any sense of the word and the wonderful thing about it is it really didn't have to be. You got everything across wonderfully with beautiful language (and some awesome bittersweetness going on there as well). It was so perfectly in character with Suki saying watch she said. I could invision that part of the story without you even having to write it. you should be a translator, you know how to get a message across.

Anyhoo, I'm going to stop know because if I continue, this review will turn into complete excited yet tired person gibberish and I'll start repeating myself more than I already have ~ Thayet
Spry chapter 1 . 2/27/2012
It's okay, Sokka. Suki was kind of of a Mary Sue anyway.

..er, that just slipped out.

Well anyway, good job! I like the way you write. It's special. :)

Spry!
This is where my name would go chapter 1 . 2/27/2012
Sad! But also very cute and really good. Well done!
guyw1tn0nam3 chapter 1 . 2/27/2012
Breaks up do suck. :/

I think I got the pairing from the supernatural genre that you placed this fic under. Nevertheless, I liked how you gently pushed us in the right direction without an outright accusation from Suki. I think that really helped build that painful quiet compassionate tone that Suki had.

And I completely agree, those tones are the worst to hear if you're the guy and you're getting admonished. Sokka's position is pretty realistic and one can really relate to him. Nice job with this.