Reviews for A New Year's Resolution In August
PotoPerson chapter 4 . 7/12/2013
Jaaaaaames what on earth are you dooooooiiiiiiing O: Oh my gosh, Peter turning his fingers into carrots that's a thought I can imagine for some reason... poor kid. I eagerly await to see how this turns out.
RagnarokxKitty chapter 3 . 12/27/2012
Hey you! Where have you been for like... eons? Sorry I didn't leave a review earlier. The notification that you had updated this fanfic got lost somewhere in cyberspace, only for me to find it almost a month later. Gah, it's been so long since I've read this fic so I pretty much just reread it to provide you with a decipherable review :P So!

As usual, I love your comical inner monologue that you write for Lily's thoughts and whatnot. She's just so blatantly straightforward, cynical and snarky- it's hilarious. It's also her aggravation at lacking certain qualities from other people and how she's just so much like: "Ughhhh! FML."

However, I kind of wanted to shake a bit of sense into Lily when she was just the slightest bit mean to Potter in their usual smug (on Potter's side) and hostile (on Lily's side) banter. Pretty sure that as sixth year and seventh year come around, James starts to reform his prick-ishness and becomes, y'know, the charming, sweet guy that results in Lily giving him a chance, so those snide comments from Lily only serve to make James become his prick self, instead of the sweet-polite-charming guy that he'll eventually become.

I also like that you bring it back to the diary format, with little interludes of what is presently happening, like the exchanges between Lily and the Healer. This is obviously how it's supposed to be written, but sometimes I just kind of forget that it's Lily telling a story in the past tense, so those in-between kind of things help to do that. :D

Okay so again, you've left me with a burning desire to read what happens next and the inevitable conversation between the lovely soon-to-be couple, Lily and James. And to actually find out what in the world happened that ruined Lily's lovely blue dress. Seriously, if you don't update soon... expect the death threats to flow the next time you post. That's not much of a threat but nonetheless, PLEASE UPDATE SOON! I missed your writing :( Anyways, have a spectacular new year (haha, how fitting, seeing the title of this fic.) and stay classy!

-RagnarokxKitty
Hijablikeschips chapter 3 . 12/6/2012
Oh mah gewwwddddd dis is A-MAZING. Haha but in all honesty, it is actually pretty good. One more week of finals till Christmas break...
PotoPerson chapter 3 . 12/5/2012
This chapter must be magical... I read it and suddenly Peter Pettigrew became one of my favorite characters... He's so twitchy :D
Well, you certainly do a good job of keeping me on the hook. Why is James Potter in the hospital? No rush. I'm ten times worse updating, trust me XD
PotoPerson chapter 2 . 5/8/2012
Naw, that's not too bad for getting a chapter up :)

Hospital waiting room... that implies so much yet so not enough for me to quit reading yet XD

James Potter, you are quite possibly the only eleven year old kid I could think of thatcould a) speak in a shakespeareran-esq dialect at age eleven and b) be at Hogwarts for FIVE MINUTES before having everyone and their grandmother love you. Very funny.
PhantomPotterGirl chapter 2 . 4/27/2012
Oh that IS quite depressing...for Lily xD Hehee, I loved this. I really, really loved this :D Please update soon.
wrenthewriter chapter 2 . 4/27/2012
Ah, cliff hanger...i want to know why she is in the hospital! grr, update soon!
RagnarokxKitty chapter 2 . 4/26/2012
AHHH! How could you do that? Just... leave it hanging like that? Curses!

Sigh... well, other than that bloody cliffhanger, the chapter was pretty great. Lovely writing style, descriptions and thought processes of the characters once again. Lily's frustrations and rages are simply delightful. D

Also still loving the fact that you write down where Lily is at the moment of writing the entry... agh! Just makes the cliffhanger worse for me though, but I'm assuming it's something to do with James harming Lily in some way while attempting to woo her... again. P

Since I feel slightly spiteful for the not-so-quick update and for the cliffhanger (once again, currsseeeesss!), I shall end the not-very-long review here and will bequeath a superior review the next time you update... in a timely fashion. Muahahahaha! Such power! -evil voldemort laugh- Ah, just kidding. I'm just lazy and lack willpower to even procrastinate. )

Eagerly waiting for the next update!

-RagnarokxKitty
wrenthewriter chapter 1 . 3/21/2012
Loved the first chapter! Very promising story :D Update soon please!
RandomSpazz92 chapter 1 . 3/8/2012
I like it so far! X) when will Lily and James be meeting up in this story?
NumeralNerd chapter 1 . 3/4/2012
I can honestly say that I've never actually read a James and Lily fic, so this should be interesting :P I really liked the first chapter; it was really cool being able to view inside of Lily's mind. I can't wait for the next chapter :)
LivMore chapter 1 . 3/4/2012
Nice work! I'm glad you got more of that detail in there. I think it's a much better read. I'm also starting a Lily/James that you should check out. KEEP IT UP!
PotoPerson chapter 1 . 3/4/2012
I like this! I like how you characterized Lily. She's not this completly perfecct girl. She's like any other teenage girl. And I like getting to see the similariities between Harry's home life in the summer and lily's. I like where this is going. Keep up the good work! :D
whatthehellisahufflepuff13 chapter 1 . 3/3/2012
I'm sure this story is going to be the most Canon work of literary genius ever. But seriously I love it so far! The combination of insight into Lily as a character during her school years (which obviously is very limited in the actual books), humor and accuracy make this a must read! I can't wait for juicy descriptions of romantic entanglements (rendezvous in the room of requirement perhaps?), roommate banter, and the entrance of Lily's "enemies," especially fit young James...
RagnarokxKitty chapter 1 . 2/28/2012
Haha, I'm loving the way this story is going! It really feels like it's someone real who's talking, because when I did own a diary, I wrote in a similar fashion :) So yeah, love the writing style (not that I ever don't love yours), and Lily seems pretty in character and British.

I liked the whole family's relationship, and how Lily and her parents are laughing at Vernon's uncanny resemblances to a whale. Also that Lily is constantly sneaking in the back-handed insults to "Petty" and Vernon :D As you can see, I am very much a Lily fangirl and your Lily is no exception to my love!

Pretty excited for the start of the school year, because that's where all the action's at, with the lovely James and Lily belligerent sexual tension (if you don't understand this, it's on tvtropes) and all the other awesome characters whom are written so well by you.

It was nice to have a kind of character chart thing, for future reference. I'm hoping for more of these little graph things, like of how much Lily hates James or something like that. Just ideas though ;)

So I thought this review was going to be pretty short because of the chapter being kind of short, but I guess it ended up at a mediocre length. Since you said this story will probably be lengthier than your previous ones like The Party and Nerdy, I'm hoping that this one will at least span one year of Hogwarts with James, if not Auror Academy. I really, really hope so because the first chapter is great and I think it's all gonna be awesome!

Hoping for a long and speedy update (though those two don't really go hand in hand),

RagnarokxKitty