Reviews for Ultimate XMen Revisited
MarvelMaster616 chapter 29 . 11/15/2012
Heya! I caught up in the last two chapters. I apologize for not reviewing sooner. I'm glad you finished the Magician arc. And I actually like how you mixed it up a bit at the end, having Elliot's mutant ability more defined by including chaos magic. That was never really elaborated on in the comics. And he didn't erase anyone's memories of his existence after he left either, which is another issue that bothered me about the comic.

Overall, the battles were similar, but the presence of your new characters definitely helped mix things up. I notice they are becoming increasingly more active. This helps set the story apart even further and I hope that trend continues. It sounds like this whole plot with Rose will continue to grow in importance. I look forward to seeing where you take it. Keep up the good work and I look forward to the next chapter.

MarvelMaster616 chapter 27 . 11/5/2012
This was another good chapter and one that omitted one of the more annoying moments from the comics, namely Xavier telling Jean that he loved her. That made absolutely no sense in the comics and to this day I cannot for the life of me understand their logic behind it. But I'm glad you still kept the part where Lilandra tries to question Jean incessantly until she goes Phoenix. Throwing Alex into the chaos made for an interesting mix as well. I hope he plays a role moving forward because this is an issue Marvel basically threw away in this series. At some point, they just said that Jean lost the Phoenix and that was it. It was another notch on their long list of mistakes on this series and I hope you don't make it.

I also see some differences with Elliot in this. I hope he doesn't turn out to be as unhinged as he was in the comics. I look forward to seeing what you do with him and the Phoenix. Keep up the good work! Until next time, take care and best wishes.

MarvelMaster616 chapter 26 . 10/30/2012
Another solid issue and one where you clearly added some additional details to the issue. I think those details were good and you haven't made any of the mistakes I saw in the comics. You kept Jean Grey's suspicion about Lilandra and her church. You also kept the conflict surrounding Eliott as well, but I hope you do more with him aside from just writing him out like we saw in the comics. It sounds like he's overly eager to join the X-men. That should be interesting to see. And with Alex's presence, that should mix things up a bit. When will we start seeing the effects on this future Xavier keeps worrying about? I look forward to seeing it and encourage you to keep up the great work!

MarvelMaster616 chapter 25 . 10/26/2012
Date Night was an entertaining arc in Ultimate X-men and one I wish they did more of. I'm glad you followed it, albeit a bit closely. There weren't too many variations compared to the comics, but that's not a bad thing. Although I do wish you would have changed that part about Sabretooth being Wolverine's son. I never really bought that. Plus, the comics didn't do squat with it either. Again, this may be because this was when Marvel just stopped trying with this series. But I'm confident you'll do better!

There were a number of variations and I hope you expand on them in the future. You're entering the murky waters of Ultimate now because this is when it started to go downhill. I look forward to seeing how you improve it. Please keep up the excellent work. Until next time, take care and best wishes.

MarvelMaster616 chapter 23 . 10/19/2012
And so we've reached the point in the annuls of Ultimate X-men where Marvel essentially gave up and let the series deteriorate. I'm excited and anxious to see where you take it, my friend! I enjoyed how Magnetic North played out. It was very similar to the comic in terms of action. I like that you captured the battle between the X-men and Ultimates, having them bicker about jurisdiction and what not. I also like that you kept some of the more entertaining elements like Jean Grey being teleported to New Jersey in the fight. I always thought that was a nice touch. lol But the highlight was definitely at the end!

Cordelia Frost? Great touch! She never showed up in Ultimate or did much in 616 for that matter. That was a great twist, having her take Emma's place. That way it's not so overt when Emma goes bad. I really didn't like how Ultimate handled Emma Frost. They missed an opportunity for her to ditch the Inner Circle plot or work around it. But throwing Cordelia into the mix allows the Inner Circle elements to be used without taking Emma too far down that old path. I really look forward to seeing how it plays out!

As I said before, this was my favorite Ultimate X-men arc and now that it's over I'm curious to see what you do with it. This is where Ultimate X-men was abandoned. You have a chance to make it awesome again. I'm confident you can one-up Marvel in that regard! So keep up the good work. Until next time, take care and best wishes.

PS: Thanks for your support on X-men Supreme!
MarvelMaster616 chapter 20 . 10/14/2012
Heya! Sorry I haven't posted a review in a while. But I have been keeping up, especially since you got to one of my all time favorite arcs in Ultimate X-men. Magnetic North was the pinnacle for Ultimate X-men in my mind. After that, Marvel pretty much let the whole series crash and burn and it hasn't recovered since. Based on what I read here, I think you have a much better chance at doing a better job. lol

Everything you did here lined up quite nicely with the comic itself. You had Lorna being thrown into prison with Magneto and you even captured my favorite Magneto speech about his beliefs of there being only right and only wrong. In many ways that is one of his most defining qualities and a nice summation of how he approaches his goals, no matter how horrific they may be. You also threw in that bit with Longshot. That looks like it has potential to be something interesting. I look forward to seeing how you tie it in with this story.

Overall, it was a nice read and I'm really looking forward to seeing more! Again, you're doing a great job here. It almost helps me forget of just how horrible Marvel has screwed up this series. lol Keep up the great work and thanks for your support on X-men Supreme.

MarvelMaster616 chapter 16 . 10/2/2012
Another nice new chapter. I apologize for not reviewing earlier, but I'm glad I got around to it. I like how you combined the issues with Ororo and Yuri along with the annual issue with Rogue and Gambit. It makes for a nice mix of sorts. It also adds some different dynamics to the story. Is there a chance that either plot will intersect? That's something the comics didn't always do very well, having separate plots intersect in a cohesive manner. Also, what are your plans for the Ororo/Logan relationship that developed in the comics? Any chance you'll address that? And what of Juggernaut? How will he be different in this series? I look forward to seeing what you have planned. Keep up the good work!

MarvelMaster616 chapter 15 . 9/24/2012
Heya! It's been a while since this story was updated. I'm glad you're still working on it. It's probably the best incarnation of Ultimate X-men out there right now, although given the way the comics have been going that may not be saying much. lol I remember this issue. I remember how Xavier was able to reach Syndicate and make him part of the X-men in a very unique way. But I don't remember Alex and Colossus playing a significant role in the issue. That's not a bad thing either. I think that was a nice touch. Was that the Phoenix Force calling him? Or something else? I think the comic did a lousy job with the Phoenix. You're in a position to do so much better. I look forward to seeing it! Keep up the great work.

MarvelMaster616 chapter 14 . 9/4/2012
I really like what you've doing here. I used to be a big fan of Ultimate X-men. Then Marvel had to go and destroy it in the worst possible way, but I'd rather not get into that. I like that you're following many events of the comics closely, but throwing in a few twists along the way. It feels like this could have actually happened in the comics and it probably would have been better in the long run if it had. lol You've got good characterization, especially with Colossus and Alex. The end of Issue 59 definitely surprised me, but in a good way. This story as a whole was nicely detailed and very well-written. For that, I applaud you. Thank you for writing this story and for doing one better than the actual series. I look forward to more stories in the future. Until then, take care and best wishes!

ola chapter 10 . 7/31/2012
hey I've just found this story and it's great! i like the story better than original ultimate x-men and I hope that maybe in your version ororo and logan will be together? (I'm a big rolo shipper) so please continue and update soon
Lobos506 chapter 6 . 5/27/2012
Really good story I like it alot