Reviews for Teach Me Gently How to Breathe
Dove29 chapter 1 . 10/30/2019
kudos
bloodredcherry chapter 1 . 6/3/2019
I loved this! It was in character (even though it was kind of out of character?). Anyway, thanks for writing this!
M3ll0n chapter 1 . 8/5/2016
This was absolutely beautiful. I was never crazy about Ann's character, but the way you wrote her was astounding. I loved her feeling always second best and unimportant and then realizing, not exactly because Ron told her (although he may have helped her come to that conclusion) but because she finally understood it herself, that she IS worth it. And her making first a list, then it turning into a checklist... And damn this was just a great character study. You captured their personalities perfectly and their voices sounded so *right*.
Thank you for this fic. I loved it so much. I don't think you even know... God. You are a really good writer. Keep at it, please.
Kuwu chapter 1 . 10/2/2015
What did i just read? Why did i enjoy it? THIS IS ALL WRONG.
Lieutenant Of Artemis chapter 1 . 8/8/2015
this is one of my favorite stories; it's so different and so poignant and real to the characters in a way that the show has not explored. I love love love your characterization of Ann, it's always how I've imagined her in my head. the show really lacked that depth, but when I read the first few lines of this fic, I knew that I had found something that made up for it, and it's one of the reasons why I really love her as a character.

I've thought about the Ann/Ron thing before after the Halloween episode, but it was never something that I shipped. I still don't ship it, but I don't have an aversion to it either. I think the relationship in this fic was beautiful and tender and it just worked. I commend you for writing something that I never really thought could work.

everything about this is beautiful, really, and I really hope you will write more for this fandom. I think it seriously lacks character study fics, as it's so focused on romance, and there is not enough introspection or gen/friendship.

please keep writing! thank you for such a lovely fic!
Jac Danvers chapter 1 . 5/5/2015
I loved this story. Loved it. This is not a pairing I would have immediately thought of but it worked so well!
Guest chapter 1 . 9/6/2012
Perfect. Please write more Ron/Ann. I love them. Wish there was more fics.
emily.down chapter 1 . 8/23/2012
Wow, this is some amazing writing right here. don't think I've ever read such a well-crafted, well-rounded story about Ann and yeah, this is my first Ann/Ron and I'm already giving them a shot which I never thought I would, so it's a testament to your awesome skills.
feibre chapter 1 . 8/5/2012
Astounding.
Modern Denial chapter 1 . 7/31/2012
This was so beautiful, I could cry. I'm usually not a fan of the parentheses thing but in this case, they worked perfectly and didn't interrupt the flow of the story. You did an absolutely fantastic job! :)
gigi-2000 chapter 1 . 6/26/2012
Oh. My. God. . . Perfection.
maevestrom chapter 1 . 6/26/2012
v the funny thing is that I was going to send Miss Brune over here via The Reviewers' Lounge, Too, but she found it herself!

Anyway, I've had to give it a few hours before I reviewed this. But... this story is magnificence. It's just beautiful in every way. It shocked me because I didn't expect this much good, but... one of the best of the 140 stories I've ever favorited. The humanity of it all is what makes it work perfectly; every moment is relateable and so, so real. I'm just breathtaken. Fantastic work.
Wendy Brune chapter 1 . 6/26/2012
This was a wonderful piece. You gave Ann a lot of depth that I think she's often lacking in the show. I particularly liked her realization after the shared night together about how she needs to treat herself better. It was very powerful and very well written, and I think you just dialed in on something that needs more exploring in Parks and Rec. Your whole character arc for Ann was really well done - I liked that she had to help herself before she could further cultivate her relationship with Ron. So much growth!

You also did a good job capturing some of the humor of the show, from Tom's antics (I seriously laughed out loud at wedding boo and the MacaChaCha - so clever!) to Leslie's way of speaking. You are great at dialogue - I could hear all the characters perfectly in my head.

Gosh, this was just a brilliant, wonderful piece that turned me on to a weird pairing. Now I need to check out some of your other stuff! More Parks and Rec, s'il vous plait!
hoarder chapter 1 . 5/17/2012
this was... it was amazing. I really, really loved the slow and totally in character progression, and I basically just dreamy-sighed all the way through it because I loved it.
Pixiestick-cc chapter 1 . 4/28/2012
Like you I have thought about this relationship happening since the Halloween episode and felt the writer's threw me off, because I was expecting it. Tom? Where did he come from? I wondered if someone could make this pairing work and I think you did a great job. Love it. Adding to my favorites.