Reviews for If Tomorrow
Everlasting123 chapter 3 . 11/19/2012
it was very very sweet, i quite enjoyed it
loveislouder94 chapter 1 . 6/12/2012
An enjoyable and well characterised read. Nice work! :)
MuggleCreator chapter 3 . 6/12/2012
Nice stuff. Remus always puts himself down too much, silly pessimistic man. Damn society for making him so.
ThisLoveHasNoCeiling chapter 3 . 3/6/2012
It's not a disappointing ending at all! Sure we all wish Remus'd suddenly decide he didn't care either and whisk Tonks off to some tropical paradise and never go live with the werewolves, but that obviously can't happen. For the information presented in the books this is a perfect ending!

Like you said, it's not too depressing, which is nice. The tone in the end is actually rather uplifting, and I think it suits Tonks perfectly. Her attitude, knowing she'll fight for Remus but not wanting to force him into anything and knowing she just has to go on, perfectly reflects the way I think of her throughout HBP. She'd have to have some positive reinforcement (like knowing he loves her) to keep her from just giving up, but if he'd just given in the hospital wing scene obviously wouldn't've happened. So it was a realistic and appropriate ending!

I actually really liked how you presented Tonks' outlook for the future and just generally how you've written her. She doesn't come off as too weepy/pathetic but she's adequately upset; she's not too pushy but not resigned; she's not overly optimistic but not overly pessimistic either. You struck a really powerful balance with her!

Anyway, I just loved this entire story. It's a very well thought out explanation for Tonks and Remus' relationship that's revealed at the end of HBP; you set the stage perfectly for how we encounter them later on. It was a pleasure to read and I'd definitely read more by you with these two!
MeetVirginia chapter 1 . 3/6/2012
that was absolutely adorable!

keep it upp
kittykatloren chapter 3 . 3/6/2012
As beautiful as ever. I like how Tonks is kinda of... resigned to it in the end, or at least not a total wreck, she recovers a bit and can see the positive, but she still can't shake the depression. She's just... waiting. It's a good way to explain the book 6 Tonks being so different from book 5.

And at the beginning - ah, when you read the 2nd chapter you're like OMG REMUS GOING BACK TO KISS HER SO ROMANTIC SQUEEEE and then you read this chapter and you're like GAH WHAT A SELFISH IDIOT. Except then it all works out in the end, knowing he loves her ends up to be a comfort. So that was great, playing with our emotions like that!

Can't wait to read moar fic from youuu!

ThisLoveHasNoCeiling chapter 2 . 3/4/2012
So beautiful and so heartbreaking! You've really explained Lupin's goodbye marvelously, I don't even know what to say other than I think you write him perfectly. From his insecurities to his love for Tonks to his wanting to give in but feeling he can't, it's just spectacular. You really did an amazing job capturing his inner conflict. And the last line...oof. So good but so sad!

And I love the way the entire story is written! For whatever reason, it reads very, very well as someone's thoughts, and it just flows really well. I love the style!

Anyway, I just really love this, even if it's hard to read. I hope you put up Part III soon!
L.C. Li chapter 2 . 3/3/2012
So amazingly poetic. Please, please continue? I can't even accurately describe how wonderful this was! I love the characters, didn't expect the plot to be as 'deep' as it turned out, and just in two chapters too...

It probably could just end here but I really want more! Like a happy ending? For fan service?
kittykatloren chapter 2 . 3/3/2012
asdfghjkl; I know I should give a detailed and indepth review because that's always what authors want but I am mostly void of useful commentary here except for THIS IS SO AMAZING. So perfect, and so them. All of Remus's insecurities, his reflections on the past, so very relevant and impactful (I totally thought that was a word but my computer's underlining it but it's 1:30am and I'm using it anyway).

And the end - when, for a SPLIT SECOND, he throws caution to the winds - it's wonderful and raw and so, so sad. I love the way you're writing this - I have a habit to write things as if I'm describing a movie scene playing out in my mind, which doesn't always work, and reading your work reminds me there's so much more to be done!

Oooh, look, I did have some useful commentary, squee. Also, today in calc class, instead of writing Seth/Eirika in the margins, I wrote some R/T! However it's all really rough and meeehh right now but maybe eventually!

GraeLiars chapter 1 . 2/28/2012
Dear Kitten Kisses,

Thank you. I planned on reading a few stories before bed but once i read this one i decided i'd stop. And just read it about five times over and over instead of moving on to another one.

Seriously, the way you're inside Tonks' head and the way you describe Remus is just perfect. I love these two to bits and you do them the justice they rightfully deserve. I can't wait for parts 2 and 3, I hope you can update soon. Truly, this is fantastic, I would not change a thing even if someone paid me. :)
MsTonksLupin chapter 1 . 2/28/2012
Beautiful story! So touching! Can't wait to read more! Love how you're picturing Remus!

If you want, take a look at my Sirius fic:) s/7678524/1/bSirius_b_bBlack_b_and_the_bworld_b_bbehind_b_the_bVeil_b

Thank you!
kittykatloren chapter 1 . 2/27/2012
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. 3 I was so happy to see this in my inbox!

I love the style of this - the kind of flow-of-consciousness from Tonks. All the little details really make it, too - Tonks being bro-zoned throughout her life, the looks in Remus's eyes, the distinction between love is blind and the real thing. I really like that. And the umbrella stand comment at the end, what a great comparison to use. x)

On more character notes: I feel like the view of Remus we're getting is very tinted by Tonks's rather unstable emotional state, and that makes a lot of sense. As in, she's terrified too, so she's not necessarily at her best in terms of reading his emotions. And that's why Remus is so hard to figure out in this chapter, at least. It works so well! He seems both cowardly and childish, but also stubborn and old. I don't know if any of this paragraph made sense, I just destroyed my mind doing 3 hours of math homework, so I'm a little frazzled. xD

I can't wait for more!