Reviews for Back on the Horse
Elisabeth07 chapter 5 . 10/19/2013
I enjoy your stories but my only comment is you said that Avonlea was riding a chestnut mare. You then proceeded to say "His eyes" or "His mane" when talking about the horse. A mare is a female horse. Sorry, the cowgirl in me had to point that out. :) But I enjoy your stories!
Maddie chapter 5 . 8/20/2013
Great story- well written and interesting! :) only thing I noticed is when you described the horse the terminology is off :) a mare is an older female horse, while an older make horse is either a gelding (castrated) or a stallion (intact). Otherwise a great story! :)
westernsoul chapter 24 . 5/30/2013
A beautiful loving family story...a real 6 tissue tear maker... but despite the tears, a great stroy. Thank you.
Forever chapter 24 . 2/24/2013
OMFG! That was so depressing! It was well written, but I seriously want to slap you right now! Why would you kill her off?! They were so flipping perfect together and they chased after each other for the longest time and then they finally get together and you go and kill Avvie!
How dare you! The last chapter made me cry. Jerk!
It would have been a 5 star story if you hadn't had killed Avvie in the end and if she was a bit less of a scared little girl. Other than that, awesome!
Sierra Rose 22 chapter 24 . 11/8/2012
We knew this was coming but still so sad. "She is gonna be just like her mother." Yes, Joe, she will and you will have her to help you with your grief. You have written a very good story and I enjoyed it!
Anna chapter 24 . 10/29/2012
WOW! Can we say emotional much! You have thoroughly depressed me for the entire week.

I will say, there is one line that is quite inspiring to me as a writer and as a person: "It's through knowing you that she'll know me." What a great line!

Great story, Rae! Well thought out. Good character arcs. I don't think any loose ends were left lying around. Yay! Can't wait to read your next masterpiece!
Sierra Rose 22 chapter 23 . 10/17/2012
Even though this is so sad, you have done a wonderful job with your descriptions of the scenes with all of the characters. The cold weather and the men coming in from outside and Avonlea watching out the window was so well written. You could feel the stress and tension as the "men folk" waited for Avonlea to have the baby. Men back then had little to do but pace and pray. And then the loving moment when Joe saw his baby girl was so sweet and yet so sad. Beautifully written! Well done!
Anna chapter 23 . 10/17/2012
Fantastic chapter, Rae! One note: babies are not mindless! They have brains when they come out; it may not be fully developed, but they have a brain. Just a small thing that jumped out at me. Hehe! Otherwise, the chapter was so good! Intense but sprinkled with devastatingly tender moments! Can't wait to read the last chapter!
Anna chapter 22 . 9/28/2012
Baby? What! I honestly didn't expect that! This is very well written, Rae! Loving the story!
Guest chapter 22 . 9/28/2012
If she lives past childbirth, I'll be surprised. Poor Joe,
Anna chapter 21 . 9/21/2012
Hehe. "...the two lovers wept together." Great ending line! Well, I am interested to see what happens! Keep up the good work, Rae!
desnouer chapter 21 . 9/19/2012
Awwwww... now I'm ready for The Doctor to swoop in, have an adventure at the Ponderosa, and cure her!
meixel chapter 20 . 9/13/2012
She took it well - sounds like a very strong lady. Loved the interaction with Hoss - glad you are keeping the family involved. Wonderful chapter!
Anna chapter 20 . 9/13/2012
Aw, so sad! Beautifully written, Rae! I loved so much of the description. "... the dark sky above which felt like a thick curtain drawn upon the world." Brilliant! Keep it up!
Abiliciousabs chapter 20 . 9/13/2012
darn you for making me cry at work. fantastic chapter as always Rae :)
60 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »