Reviews for True North
N.Mirz chapter 2 . 11/29/2013
This was so beautiful and original. Loved the whole Japanese feel. I've never been there but it felt authentic. Loved Isao-san. And the dialogue, the emotions, wow. Great great work.
OldSFfan chapter 2 . 11/21/2013
This story is so beautiful it hurts.
Sokerchick chapter 2 . 8/4/2013
I absolutely love your writing. I don't know how i missed reading this one before but its so soul wrenching. I wanted to cry reading this. You write beautifully.
Sapphire09 chapter 2 . 3/19/2013
I think I fell in love with almost all your stories... I really hope you can write more :)
This story definitely made my day!
BabalooBlue chapter 2 . 1/12/2013
Wow, what a powerful story. I've had tears in my eyes throughout.
I don't agree with the last reviewer - this isn't a seed, this is a complete story. Completely perfect as well. It's beautifully written and the images of House and Wilson in Japan, the smell of food - it will stay with me.
Incredibly well done.
hoppingpen chapter 2 . 5/19/2012
I know the world is round and things (including work and school schedules) are always spinning, but if you could find it in your heart to continue this beautiful seed of a story, please do! As always, wishing you best,

hoppingpen
HughIsMagic chapter 2 . 4/26/2012
Great storyline, I loved the fine touch of environmental beauty, in describing the pleasure of good food, the art of kindness and wisdom ... I've never been to Japan but this trip made me savor a piece. And you were able to characterize perfectly House and Wilson, their friendship, that the show we were shown only superficially, I think. And the melancholy and love mixed together...beautiful. Really a very good job. Thank you.
Kate chapter 2 . 3/9/2012
It was a bit frustrating, not knowing what injury or illness you kept eluding to throughout the story, but I guess it kind of took focus away from it and allowed the story to flow in the moment. I was kind of hoping for some big reveal, like his leg was worse and he was going to have it amputated or something...

Maybe you'll write a sequel and it'll clear everything up. Maybe you won't and I'll just assume I was right. In any case, very well written, emotional and powerful fic. Kudos ;)
siddigfan chapter 2 . 3/4/2012
I liked this very much especially all the descriptiveness about Japan. My son spent a year there as a foreign exchange student and now has a bachelor's degree in Japanese. So I am going to email him the link to this. I think he will really enjoy it! Thank you!
Anon chapter 2 . 3/3/2012
wow... i usually do not like any kind of house fanfic but for some reason i never give up on looking for good ones in hope of finding a writer who can catch an interesting different pov without butchering the characters- you have succeeded amazingly with this story, it is nothing like the show and yet it is fitting and captures every bit of a readers imagination. house and wilson's friendship is bitter sweet and you managed to expose a part of it that is deeper than what is even possible to show through television.

these two chapters are an amazing journey to japan and into house and wilson's souls... i hope you write more.
ImeldaLumos chapter 1 . 3/3/2012
I think your a fantastic fanfic writer. I think you can sense careful planning and real thought - it seems like you've allowed yourself time - behind the story. Someone said in review here that she/he couldn't detect any theme, but I think this fic was very poignant and stimulating because of the fact that you didn't push the messages into your readers' faces.

The dialogue was, I think, sharp and fitting for the characters and there was never, as far as I noticed, any leaning towards unbearable sentimentality. Yes, I belong to the group who can't stand 94-chapters' Huddy/Hilson love-fic.

In fact you are the only writer I read. You have a fan in Sweden and I do hope that positive reviews encourage you, and put a smile on your face rather than paralyses you (that would happen to me!).

On a last note, I really liked how you set it in Japan and dug deeper into House's past and unveiled a distincly different side of him to his friend. It catches my interest.

I would be very interested to know which books/authors you read and what inspires you, so if you feel up to it, it would be really great if you sent me reply about that.

Cheers.
Monika chapter 2 . 3/3/2012
Hi BackToTheStart,

can't probably claim I got anything, but it's a fascinating story. I so liked the chemistry between House and Wilson and the interesting surroundings.

Thank you very much.

Monika
MissBates chapter 2 . 3/3/2012
I'm not really sure I got what the story is about, but I like your style and pace, not to mention all those descriptions of food.
cookie chapter 2 . 3/3/2012
Please write more! this is so beautiful. I need to know what happens to the two of them!
Freddy chapter 2 . 3/3/2012
Love this, the two of them away from the hospital, the growing closeness of their relationship (I Hope!). Please continue, but don't let the hospital ruin what they have please?