Reviews for Winds of Change
Guest chapter 1 . 3/26/2014
It's such a horrific tragedy, seven million species are lost forever and the last species, humanity, fights to sustain its population. But now they have a chance to save the world and all the diverse life that once existed.
moura1371 chapter 6 . 9/9/2013
It's nice to kind of get to know Gideon. He always seemed so unapproachable, so I really never thought about him. Like he was incidental. This all seems so likely. Wonderful as always. I'm selfish, I hope you never stop your Primeval fics.
TheAnonyMouseInViolence chapter 6 . 9/8/2013
I must congratulate you and extraordinary and epic opus in ode to a very complex character. You've taken the pieces of the backstory the show provided you with and created an incredibly story and history for him that I'm sure the creators of the show would be impressed by.

The coming into the past and finding living things, flora and fauna alike and have it all teeming with life and vitality was exceptionally well described. I truly felt Matt's awe and wonder at it all and how it continued on as they encountered people and the world they'd only once imagined, come to life.

Also, excellent tying up of continuity having Matt join the military. Brilliant from start to finish.
Casy Dee chapter 5 . 4/11/2013
Oh, poor Matt! You spare no effort towards torturing him! No wonder he started out so against getting emotionally involved. Lovely chapter, and I'm so glad to see you continuing on with this. It's a really great story.
TheAnonyMouseInViolence chapter 5 . 3/22/2013
Oh so cruel an author your are to build us and Matt's hopes up that things with Katie might stand a chance! You tore the poor boy's soul right now (and mine too, I might add). However, by taking Katie, you took away the one and only thing about his world that actually mattered to Matt and it was what he needed to finally accept his fate and the mission as his future.

I suspect this will be ending soon? Will we see the moment when he and Gideon first see the Earth as they've only know in pictures?
moura1371 chapter 5 . 3/21/2013
This was wonderful, and you know i'm a Conby person through and through. But any time i see something by you i gotta read it. So glad you came back to it. Loving it.
Casy Dee chapter 4 . 9/9/2012
Guh! Piling the angst on poor Matt, are we? This story is really brilliant. I hate when I come to the end of the chapter, though! I want to know more. By the way, Gideon is a real SOB. Love this! Love, love love. :)
TheAnonyMouseInViolence chapter 4 . 8/28/2012
Poor Matt, so confused, messed up and nothing is the right choice. It's a lonely life he's living and now the only thing that made it worthwhile is leaving. His focus on the mission is what matters, sadly, and even though the world is depending on him, he should get to have something of a life.

This story reminds me of Joseph Cambell's ideas on 'the hero's journey' - this tale of yours is steeped in mythological connects - which makes it very compelling and evokative. This type of story appeals to the human collective. It's brilliant.

Katie's going to come back a changed person, I think.
lezzles1956 chapter 4 . 8/27/2012
Just found this - enjoying it very much ESPECIALLY as you have foud a way to explain Matt's Irish accent when Gideons was SO English! That has always bothered me lol
Anyway keep going - it's really different and unique

Lezzles
x
SadenBecker chapter 4 . 8/26/2012
Katie will visit back though, right?
I love her character.
I love this story and the fact you're giving us a backing-story for Matt.
I hope to see Matt and Katie reunited soon, they seem like a cuter pair than Memily which is hard to get past.
I hope you update soon.
-SadenBecker.
Casy Dee chapter 3 . 8/21/2012
So glad you are starting up on this again! It's sooo good! I'm interested to see where you're going with this... and waiting anxiously for the next chapter. As always, very well written. Love it!
ArianaS chapter 3 . 8/18/2012
Wow, this is amazing! I had problems not crying at it.
Your characters are just...perfect. *-*
Please update soon!
Casy Dee chapter 2 . 5/11/2012
Awww... *sniffle* you just had to throw in a dead mother there at the end, didn't you? *sniffle* This is brilliant, but now I need a cupcake! Chocolate! Stat!

*sniffles* You really are weaving an extraordinary tale here. I love all your work!
Casy Dee chapter 1 . 3/6/2012
I am really enjoying this. I love the whole "help me, Obi Wan" thing you had going with Connor. He would think of something like that. I'm on the edge of me seat, intrigued and in love with this story. I liked Matt before, but you're making me start to crush on him too. If I hadn't said it before, you're a remarkable storyteller, and I respect you a great deal. This is brilliant, and I love it.
OliversFelicity chapter 1 . 2/28/2012
Holy crap woman! You simply amaze me!