Reviews for Let the Drums Keep on Playing
Lady Razorsharp chapter 1 . 10/30/2013
Fabulous. Touching and sweet and sad. Perfect.
Amanda Mullins chapter 1 . 2/2/2013
I love the way you describe these characters, they're so accurate! :D I love this fic!
SG1SamFan chapter 1 . 12/24/2012
Cabaret is my favorite musical, and while I'm not sure I can see this happening, the mood of the piece is lovely. Thank you!
Nosferatu's Cigarette Binge chapter 1 . 5/19/2012
This story has been written in a very elegant, poetic and enviable way, I simply adore it!
KrinWashu chapter 1 . 3/13/2012
How does this not have any reviews yet? It's great! I can't believe it took me years to figure out that there might be fic of this out there. Both Sally and the MC are surprisingly in character, and I say surprisingly particularly in his case because he's almost this omniscient presence, too difficult to write spoken dialogue for IMO, and yet you did it splendidly. I really liked how you started the story referencing that joke. At least in the Donmar Theater version I've always thought there's a tiny bit of actual wounded pride at her alleged reply, as if there was some truth to the joke (which is not the case with other performances I've seen on YT, or even the Broadway recording). You did a great job showing the unconventional dynamics of their friendship. In fact, you may have just made the ending where the MC is wearing the concentration camp uniform even more brutal for me, which is actually a good thing. I like how you ended it with Cliff's chilling monologue, too. On a lighter note, I could so use a best friend like this! Anyway, thanks for posting this fantastic fic.