Reviews for The Best Thing I Never Had
Anne chapter 1 . 11/9/2013
That was delicious! Thank you.
Judy Greenwood chapter 1 . 6/8/2013
What a lovely story, funny and sweet, and so true to the characters. Hope there'll be more!
UglyBug chapter 1 . 5/13/2013
Wicked fun. Skeeter reminds me of Amanda Fitton in "Sweet Danger" by Margery Allingham. (That's a good thing!)
Tess chapter 1 . 7/18/2012
I love all of your Laramie stories - but it doesn't get any better than this. There are so many lines in this tale to savor - so I read it out loud just to hear the rhythm of the words. But when I get to "I reached over and took one of his hands" - my knees buckle and my heart sinks into my stomach. Can you imagine holding Jess Harper's hand; cradling it in your own. OH, my. And while the last line is not my most favorite of the story it is the best of endings. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Rrund chapter 1 . 4/6/2012
Another wonderful story. You so have these characters down. I loved the end it was perfect and so in keeping with everything that had gone before.
sb4ever chapter 1 . 4/2/2012
Wonderful! Here I am at home, sick with a cold, looking for something to read when I decided it was time to catch up on my Laramie stories. The reviewers were absolutely correct-this is a wonderful story full of humor, sweetness and spot on characterization. I really loved how you had Georgie fall instantly in love with Slim but somehow it was Jess who managed to steal her heart. As for Jess, sounds like he found someone who would bring a lot of sunshine in his life, too. This would have made a terrific episode. Great job! I feel better.
Nana56 chapter 1 . 3/2/2012
Yep, she should have been paying attention. Slim is awesome, but Jess is who I'd have been looking at. I married Slim, tho. LOL

I'm sure Slim couldn't have gotten over the baldness, but the kind of ugly she showed would be way too much for him to overlook. He's not that kind of person and wouldn't tolerate it in a 'lady'.

Very, VERY entertaining fic!
Nonny Mouse chapter 1 . 2/29/2012
"You'd be surprised how little I take to rules, or them to me. One of us gen'rally gets broke before we part company."

Sounds like Jess, doesn't it?
Skye Rutherford chapter 1 . 2/29/2012
This short story is a true delight! Well plotted, it offers a wealth of humor throughout,along with an OFC that is easy to believe and accept. Quite an endearing, enjoyable piece to read. Fortitundine always comes through with an interesting story to tell, one that is well composed on all levels; 'The Best Thing I Never Had' does not disappoint and I, for one, will be keeping this one on my list of stories that is well worth reading more than once or twice.
ciarann jessc chapter 1 . 2/29/2012
thank you for this wonderful story, its funny and sweet and imo perfectly in character for the 'boys' of Laramie, Slim, Jess and Andy...

your writing is vivid, detailed and well crafted, and the pacing is nearly breathless. Please keep on sharing.
Mary b chapter 1 . 2/28/2012
What a lovely, romantic, sweet, innocent, heartfelt story.

I loved every line - couldn't stop reading.

Characters so true to the series

descriptions perfectly wonderful - and very very visual.

The innocence of youth explored perfectly with all the humor and sensitivity necessary when describing a young girl's true love.

Beautifully written, strategically told.

Thank you for this lovely story.