Reviews for The Woods Are Dark and Deep
DejaVu113 chapter 15 . 8/11
haah... those past chaps was so... well... *long sigh* I will continue read it. 1 chapter left
DejaVu113 chapter 16 . 8/11
Nah... I just realize that I was holding my breathe as I read this through. OMG! I am afraid of what the end will be. To see the end of lonesome Chizuru without Chikage was so unbearable... but finally you fulfill my desire as reader hehe... Kudo for you! Though I didn't know you but I love your story.
DejaVu113 chapter 11 . 8/10
please save me from myself, Chikage... oh this is such a heartbreaking chapter
DejaVu113 chapter 9 . 8/10
Damn little Kaoru! *cursing* I hope Kazama could back soon... oh but will he kill Chizuru because she is now one of the fury?
DejaVu113 chapter 7 . 8/10
I ship Amagiri with Sen then hehe... such a heartwarming piece of chap.
DejaVu113 chapter 2 . 8/9
The war was terribleI feel sad for the victims. I hope Chizuru will be ok wandering around by herself and there will be no fury. I hope. off to the next chapter!
DejaVu113 chapter 1 . 8/9
Thank you for this fic. I loovee this story. After seeing a sad heartbreaking ending of Shinsengumi. I agree that it will far far more better to ship Chizuru chan with Kazama san than with Hijikata san. At least with Kazama san their love will last for eternity and Chizuru chan will not be alone and become a sad widow haunted by a ghost of the past.
a later reader chapter 9 . 8/7
I miss kazama :( when is he coming back
NyaPowa chapter 17 . 8/2
I can't believe this story does not have more reviews and good, excellent ones! It is one of the best "in complete character" story I read. So, really, congrats to you.
I completely agree with your reading of the story and characters. While I still have not made my mind about exactly what happened to Kaoru (I just started the game, I just did Heisuke route so far), I completely feel for him. And I am disgusted no one ever takes the time to sit down with him and have a chat. Nor Chizuru, no Kodo, nor Chikage. He is seen as trash/fallen demon this the beginning, while Kodo is as best a traitor to the demon race, at worst a traitor to his clan.
I also just adore the way you finally gave some spine to Chizuru. I really hate the character because she is just so clueless and weak, letting things happening to her. She does not train in katana (despite having some of the best warriors living with her), she does not learn to use her demon power (despite knowing this could save her so-called friends, the Shinsengumi). Sure, she represents hope, and she tries to save her "dad"... but never her brother? I don't know, I always had big disdain about Chizuru, not because she does not know/remember, or is weak but because she allows herself to STAY weak.

Chikage is one of my favourite character because of how torn he is. Because of his duty to preserve the demon race, he hunts the Shinsengumi... and this to his own destruction. He casts away his honour, his duty to get children on-going and such, to track down Hijikata. I don't see anything about "a rivalry to settle" or some "jealousy" because I can't think of Kazama being rival or jealous of Hijikata, the lowly human. In fact, it kills him to have to recognise Hijikata as a demon, as his equal. Litterally kills him in many routes, from what I gather. On another point of view, I think he rather die than living in a world where a man like Hijikata can be called demon. Once again, it has nothing to do against Hijikata as self, but with what he presents. The same way the character in the "Last Samurai" movie rather dies as a samurai and not to see a area with "new samurai" stuff, Kazama can't see a time with demons coming from humans. He kind of passes the relay to Hijikata, and "screw you, tag you, now deal with your mess, human, me? I die. MWHAAHAHA".
How ironic, because Kazama is such a none-MWAHAHA guy. Not that he does not have a sense of humour, but he is above irony and poking people where it hurts.

So once more, congrats for this story that paints everyone on a deep level, and brings out all the excellent thinking about their psychology and behaviour. Thanks for sharing o/
mon coeur chapter 17 . 7/5
I love this I love that you wrote this to clear it up for some people. I love the story. After reading this I've come to understand a bit more about what I read. I agree with everything you wrote. Especially about how warped our expectations of what love is. Also about Chikage and Sen, it was most realistic I think everything came together nicely. Perfect Story.
Undertheskys chapter 16 . 4/30
Story was meh
Licht97 chapter 16 . 3/22
Uwaahhh...damn it!I can't stop bawling my eyes chizuru...(T-T)
Having your best friend bearing the child of the man you love is so freaking sad and terrible.
If i was in her place..I could never look at my best friend nor talk to her anymore..
It't too painful that i might as well die..
Brenda992 chapter 17 . 1/6
I adore !
Brenda293 chapter 16 . 9/20/2015
MARVELOUS ! I love it ! What more can I say , cause I'm speechless ! Thanks a lot again for sharing .
Brenda293 chapter 14 . 9/20/2015
It's not drama , it's angsty !