Reviews for Pieces
awakeatnight chapter 8 . 3/6/2013
I really enjoyed this; it was a very interesting take. Loved the closing line- very Lavender :)
InkAndPens394 chapter 8 . 2/28/2013
Once again, truly lovely! Please continue!
Oriondruid chapter 8 . 2/28/2013
Lavender is one of my two favorite HP characters, it's her and Luna, two completely different young women but both utterly fascinating. Lavender is so misunderstood by many who think her a gossipy, fashion obsessed air head, who was simply an obstacle in the path of Ron and Hermione's romance, but as this excellent story shows she is far more than that. She is a true Gryffindor, she fought bravely in the battle, saved her friend Pavarti at great cost to herself and went on post war to recuperate from her injuries and rebuild her life, at first with Seamus' support. Lavender is strong but needs a strong man in her life, from the end of this story I take it Charlie has finally found his match?
Il'Diko chapter 8 . 2/28/2013
I can't believe it! Two updates in two days? :)

You have a knack of writing Lavender. I envy her, she is so strong, a warrior in every second of her life. I imagine Charlie Weasley is used to dealing with strong women... ;) So, when are we going to see more of them? :D
Il'Diko chapter 7 . 2/28/2013
Oh, they were so REAL, so human, so lovely. You made them perfect for each other, and made me like Ernie! :)
InkAndPens394 chapter 7 . 2/26/2013
Truly lovely! Please continue!
Beth chapter 7 . 2/26/2013
This was a really cool little story.
InkAndPens394 chapter 6 . 1/30/2013
Once again, very lovely! Keep on doing so well!
Nara and Davina
Oriondruid chapter 6 . 1/30/2013
And that is why I love Lavender so much, a perfect character study of a girl hom so many wrongly dismissed as just an annoying 'bump in the road' to Hermione and Ron's eventual romance and life together. Lavender can be girly, attention grabbing, judgmental, fashion obsessed, bitchy and a superficial 'drama queen', but the operative phrase there is 'can be'.

When the chips are down she is a Gryffindor through and through, a brave fighter and believer in what is right, a loyal friend and committed to helping her school and her world in it's struggle against the encroaching darkness. She is simply my darling Lavender and this story is wonderful.
This was just perfect, nuff said! :o)
Oriondruid chapter 5 . 1/30/2013
That was wonderful and a great character study of Hannah. Yes, a barmaid is probably her ideal job, as being a Hufflepuff she thrives on the hard work and long hours, also it gives her gregarious Hufflepuff nature a chance to shine. In a way she also ends up being a bit of a healer anyway, as where else would a witch or wizard with troubles take their problems to but the worlds greatest pub and it's barmaid? ;o)
Oriondruid chapter 4 . 1/30/2013
That was terribly sad and tragic, but with a more hopeful ending thankfully. Well written as ever.
Many Blessings
Oriondruid chapter 3 . 1/30/2013
That was so sad, such a shock ending and a sad loss.

Generally well written but this chapter has several factors in it that mark it out unmistakably as being written by an American, even though it's setting is supposed to be British.

Using words such as diner,where we Brits would always use cafe or restaurant, the classic 'howler' of referring to trousers as pants, which means underpants here, the phrase trouser suit for women does exist but they're not that commonly worn.

Referring to distances in 'blocks' is another no-no as most of our British cities are ancient in layout and are not built to a 'grid pattern', with the exception of a very few 'Newtowns' like Milton Keynes, which is hardly an architectural triumph. In distances we tend to think in hundreds of yards or fractions of miles, not blocks.

Just me being 'picky' as these factors don't spoil the story to read. However these things are what a gambler would call a sure fire tell that an author is not a Brit.

Oriondruid chapter 2 . 1/30/2013
Poor Pansy, her self-esteem so battered. Draco in this is just an all too typical male, muggle or magical there's no difference so many married men are sadly like this. Selfish, manipulative, greedy, 'wanting their cake and eating it' and feeling they 'deserve' anything they desire. Although of course Draco has always been a git anyway, withn the 'fine example' of his father he was doomed from the start to be what he is! Not all men are like this thankfully, but all too many are.

This is a good character study and well written.
Oriondruid chapter 1 . 1/30/2013
Luna is a great healer with abilities beyond those of a 'run of the mill' witch. She is certainly a fully functioning Empath and probably a Telepath too, without the need for Legilimency Spells. She has also been through much tragedy in her own life, so knows exactly what will help and what advice to give. To me she is the 'other' Brightest Witch of her Age, her talents are the perfect compliment and opposite polarity to those of Hermione. Luna's magic being based on love, rather than scholarship, open-mindedness rather than the need for hard external evidence and rock solid self belief, unlike Hermione's occasional self-doubt which she sometimes masks by using her Gryffindor courage.
George was lucky Luna took him under her wing.

This was well written and heartwarming.
Il'Diko chapter 6 . 1/14/2013
I'm speechless. You have characterized Lavender very good. The last line takes all the credit though... it was truly brilliant!
(I'm so happy you updated! :)