Reviews for Obligations of the Heart
Fgbcrangmail.co chapter 64 . 4/18
Are you going to finish this it is a great story
Debbie w chapter 64 . 10/27/2014
Well, here goes. I am just heartsick at reading this story. I cannot wrap my heart or my head around Kitty's death. Must be a true testament to the beloved characters of " Gunsmoke" You are an amazing writer. This story is so well written.I respect your talent immensely, but I wanted it to be a bad dream.
Millie chapter 1 . 9/13/2014
You are perhaps one of the top writers on here but I can not and will not continue with this story. I can not fathom or nor do I want to fathom the idea of Kitty dead.
mommoo chapter 64 . 7/27/2014
I finally forced myself to read this. I can't say that I like it because I am so ingrained with the concept of just Matt and Kitty. Since it is incomplete, I'm hoping one of them awakens to discover it has been a dream.
TheFreelancerSeal chapter 1 . 1/22/2014
I'm a bit farther along in this story than just this chapter, but I thought I would go back and try to leave a review for each chapter. In the span of a few days, I've gone from chapter 1 to chapter 30, and this isn't the first time I've read some of this story. But I digress.

I've watched Gunsmoke for a long time, and I have to say you do it very well. This is a great story from what I've read so far, and this chapter paints some very well-written scenes. It is a bit ironic, but sad nevertheless that Matt would outlive Kitty. While it's a sad thought, I know it's necessary for the story.

I know they always showed Matt as the strong type, but let's face it, no one could keep it up, especially when the only woman he's ever felt anything for is gone. I like that you've made him a bit more human in that instance. And the dialogue is just what I'd expect in an episode, right down to Festus's hill talk. I could just imagine him saying those words.

I don't know if I'll be able to keep up reviewing chapter by chapter, but I'll definitely be reading on.

Well done.
Judyh chapter 64 . 8/25/2013
Please, may we have a new chapter soon?
TBone chapter 64 . 8/22/2013
I certainly hope that you have at least one new chapter hot off the press and ready to be posted, although I'd truly love to see even more. As with all your stories, this one is an excellent, emotionally gripping, edge-of-the-seat adventure that I couldn't put down.

If not, please, please hurry!
mahc chapter 64 . 8/3/2013
Uh oh! Complications arise. Naturally, the daughter of Matt Dillon and Kitty Russell is fearless and heads off to search for the danger. I hope she and Herbie don't get into too much trouble...but I have a feeling...

Any time you want to post again, I'll be ready! :-)
mahc chapter 63 . 8/3/2013
GSTales - You know I'm always delighted to see a new chapter of your saga. I've been especially excited to see what will unfold after "it" happened. I love the little comments and observations from various characters that reveal this change in the relationship between Matt and Sydney. In this chapter, I especially like her entrance at the meeting:

*All eyes turned to look at Sydney. The school teacher was dressed in her slightly wrinkled, flowered polished cotton with a small ring of perspiration under each armpit. Her hair was hastily pulled back and Mrs. Dowaker's attractive bonnet plopped firmly atop and held in place by several hat pins. She had what looked like a small bruise an inch or so below her left ear and a slight abrasion or burn to her right cheek. Her lips too, looked slightly swollen and there was not one of the Dodge City women gathered at the meeting who couldn't guess the reason for the ever so proper Miss Tuttwell's current state of disarray. The speculation brought added warmth to the close quarters and several fans picked up a more rapid pace to compensate."*

I enjoyed imagining just how she got that small bruise, whisker burn, and swollen lips. I can see all those old ladies fanning at the thought, too.

Also, love this firm statement: *"The name is Mrs. Dillon." She corrected, articulating her marital status lest there be doubt.*

Good research, as well, on this chapter. Looking forward to more.
lostcowgirl chapter 64 . 7/22/2013
Matt sure wouldn't like some pervert eyeing his little girl. Matilda's definitely her parents' child.
LadyofDodge chapter 63 . 7/22/2013
Thanks for this peek into a most interesting document, one I admit I am not familiar with. Thanks, too, for the peek at Sydney's slightly swollen lips and the abrasion on her cheek. We do, indeed, know what caused them! ;-)

LoD
LadyofDodge chapter 64 . 7/22/2013
"... and I think I saw one of 'em when Doc took us fishing the other day." Uh, oh, this does not bode well for Matilda. Hopefully, Herbie will lose his nerve and turn back so he can tell Ma and the Marshal where she went.

LoD
Judyh chapter 64 . 7/22/2013
These last two chapters are definitely about strong women. The suffragettes; Ma Smalley; and then, Mattie - misguided and a bad decision perhaps, but strong.
Guest chapter 62 . 6/13/2013
What a wonderful and artful "chaplet". Thanks for filling in the gaps in such a tasteful way. Glad both of them enjoyed themselves. I hope the guilt doesn't hit Matt so much that he takes two steps backwards.
LadyofDodge chapter 62 . 6/11/2013
First of all, I'll just say "ditto" to everything MAHC wrote, and now I'll try to post a few comments of my own. I love Sydney's comparison of the 4th of July celebration to her own personal fireworks, and that she finds the town's flares and sparkles to be lacking.

"He'd left her still in bed, to rush off to the office..." How often we fan fic writers have had him leave Kitty the same way.

And, of course, I couldn't help noting the reference to "their little girl." Sweet.

But now I'm worried that his "twinge of guilt" will hang like a dark cloud over this new relationship.

And, of course, the mention of Lydia Burdock reminds us that there's still trouble lurking on the horizon.

An all-around lovely chapter.

Suzanne