Reviews for Weapons of Mass Destruction
Above the Winter Moonlight chapter 16 . 2/2
This is getting to be a really really interesting story and I am enjoying it a lot. Please update as soon as you can.
Titanfire999 chapter 16 . 12/23/2015
R u going to update this?
Sin chapter 16 . 11/27/2015
I hope to see more of this story.
Guest chapter 16 . 11/18/2015
WRITE MORE CHAPTERS!
Guest chapter 16 . 11/8/2015
Damn, I really hope you continue this and Dauntless of course its just that your stories haved melded so well with the code geass universe that whenever I think of it I'll think of Dauntless and WMD as well.
SunsetDawn420 chapter 16 . 10/31/2015
So ... it beendet exactly two years since you last updated this story. Will there still be a new chapter? I really really love this story and I don't want it to not-finish ...
So I'd be really glad to know that there will come a new chapter and this story won't be abadoned.
Well, yeah. I guess that was it. Bye
Kurama's Foxy Rose chapter 12 . 10/9/2015
Was Gin inspired by the hot dog vendor from the Refrain episode?
tati1 chapter 16 . 6/22/2015
Fantastic fic, I really enjoyed it and hope you pick it up again someday!
SlvrSoleAlchmst1 chapter 16 . 5/28/2015
Sit back, relax, and get ready for a long and rambling review that might actually be more of a greeting/introduction/spaz-fest than a review.

Background info: I love Code Geass. My daily life does not exist without multiple references to it; it has worked its way into me like a worm into an apple, and I'm okay with that, because I guess I'm masochistic. Code Geass has also always given me an outlet when I'm down. GAH, okay, let's just be honest. My love of the show has gone way beyond obsession - into "a thing that is as natural as breathing; therefore, it's taken for granted at this point." My fiancee is the same way. Our proposal happened on stage at an anime convention recently, while we performed a skit in our Suzaku and Lelouch cosplays, if that gives you an idea.

So. With that explained away (and you possibly thinking I'm crazy)...

I like to ask everyone I meet who likes Code Geass to recommend me fanfiction. I've been lucky enough to come across some AMAZING WORKS that shift the way I think and feel, but there's also a lot of work out there that doesn't grab me or impress me whatsoever. I try to filter fics through people I've talked to, to save myself at least 60% of the effort of filtering through them myself and trying to sort out the "meh" from the awesome.

In my years of asking for recommendations, I've noticed two trends.

1) People can't think of anything specific to recommend me, but often they'll send me to the Livejournal kink meme.

2) People tell me to read Dauntless.

The kink meme is a thing I haven't dabbled too much in. Sometimes I think I should dabble much more and sometimes I think I should avoid it like the plague. Having a single fic recommended is usually easier for me to work with. For some reason, though, I never checked out Dauntless. Or I did, but I bypassed it. I don't remember why. Probably because people talked it up a TON, and the sheer number of people talking it up made me... skeptical. My response was like, "Well, Dauntless could be really good... or it could be really bad, yet people are still drawn in somehow, like Twilight. Nothing can be that good, can it? How can any fanfic beat anlaaria's 'Primary Gain?' THAT'S the god of Geass fanfics. THAT one." But I just... kept on hearing about Dauntless, and I knew the only way to judge it for sure was to (DUH) go check it out myself.

So, maybe half a year ago, I DID look at Dauntless more closely, on your FNN.

I saw the sheer length of it and went, "Holy Christ." I also saw that it had over 6k reviews. I've never seen anything like that in my life. I resolved to read it, because by then, I SIMPLY HAD TO KNOW. But I didn't read it right that instant, because I feared I'd get sucked in, and it was LONG, and I had Life to do. So I put it on the backburner, and months and months just went on by.

Then some writer named Allora_Gale reviewed a Code Geass story of mine on my AO3 account. The review really made me smile. And squint at the username. And think, "Why is that name so famil- HOLY SHIT. Wait. ALLORA GALE?! That's THE PERSON!" I ran to your FFN again and went, "DAUNTLESS, GOD DAMN IT, YOU HAUNT! I MUST READ YOU!"

...As you can see, I still haven't read it. But I decided to tackle WMD instead (shorter, plus the statement that you planned it to turn romantic, ooo).

Well, shit.

You're really very good, madame.

Props to your beta reader, also. A work is always stronger when the writer takes the time to receive feedback on drafts and then edit/revise. Revision is a testament to how serious the writer is about the work. It seems you are serious, and seriously good. I am impressed, and just wanted to say that.

I could not put this fanfic down. This is the kind of work that gets me so lost in its world that I forget where I am, what time it is, and what other obligations I have. I'm kind of bummed you haven't updated in a couple of years. Not sure what that means for how invested I now am in this fic's outcome.

Lelouch and Suzaku are both INCREDIBLE the way you've portrayed them. I like how Lelouch can kick physical ass, but he just doesn't want/like to. That's different from the canon, but still enough like Lelouch that it makes sense to us. And Suzaku being the charge-taking type? He definitely isn't so much like that in canon (he only takes charge as a Knight of the Rounds), and yet in your story it makes sense with the personality he's developed.

Jeremiah's POV is amazing. Also Clovis's. You capture different voices like a pro, seamlessly conveying each character's thought-processes and wishes, no matter how unpopular they are. It's not easy to get into the head of characters like that, but you've made each POV read so genuinely that I can't even... words. Yeah. I think it takes bravery. Readers hate Clovis, right? And there you are becoming him for a while, like an actor, to convincingly write from his perspective. (At least, I always think of writing much like acting. Maybe that's just me though, being a writer and actor.) Poor CC.

Your original characters didn't seem out of place or undeveloped, and I liked that.

I can't believe Suzaku and Lelouch both sleep with the same maids and then chat about the bedroom details so casually! I can't decide whether that's kind of hot or I'm just mortified. Possibly a bit of both. What was your goal there? What were you thinking when you crafted that particular scene and that information about their sex lives? Siblings don't normally want to share bedmates. Gaaah. I'd go murder puppies to know how that thing came about in your head.

When Lelouch hid behind the potted plant and Suzaku came out of the elevator and they started fighting to the death before either of them realized that it was Suzaku just coming in to make sure Lelouch didn't work too late... I just. Those boys. What even. I find them simultaneously so entertaining and tragic the way you've written them.

Anyway. While I feel like Kallen's situation is slowly turning out for the better, I'm really scared about Lelouch and Suzaku and I have this feeling like some sort of tragedy is going to befall them. It can't be easy for Lelouch to draw on so much of his real self to con Jeremiah. It can't be easy for him to look at those pictures. And Suzaku doesn't have it easy either, loving so openly and so much, when no one else can match him in that, and everybody distrusts his beloved brother. Whether you eventually put them on opposite sides because of betrayals (more similar to the canon) or you go somewhere else entirely, I am so afraid for them both. SOMEBODY in this fic who has thus far been shown as trustworthy has GOT to be more than they seem, or so at least I'm feeling. I feel a little paranoid, like Lelouch. Is Genbu going to turn on him after all? Or maybe it's different. Maybe Lelouch is going to get too emotional and slip somehow, and fuck himself over, and not even Suzaku is going to be able to save him.

...Is Lelouch going to sleep with Kallen? No - don't tell me. I'm holding out for SuzaLulu, if you ever choose to finish this fanfic.

And if you aren't planning to finish this story, whatever. I get that people abandon projects (I've done it myself enough). All that matters was that they were a pleasure to write as we were writing them, and that the readers enjoyed their experience while they were reading.

I definitely enjoyed reading this, so thank you very much for writing/posting. I don't have a clue when I'll ever get to Dauntless. Maybe I'll check it out when it's actually done - and then I'll block out a solid 72 hours and do nothing but sit and read it. At this rate, that's the way it's going to have to be, because your work is so thorough, well-plotted, and intriguing that once I pick up a behemoth like Dauntless I will not be able to put it down.

I hope your archeology work is going well. You sounded pretty psyched about it in your author notes and on your profile and stuff. It's refreshing to find someone who a) honestly enjoys the work they do, and b) actually was able to land their dream position. Kind of sounds like that was you, in which case, congratulations.

Lastly, sorry for the massive wall of text that this became, BUT. I felt that you deserved my thoughts, after I enjoyed this fic so much and you previously reviewed something of mine.
adammattaway chapter 16 . 5/4/2015
This is really going somewhere great! Keep it up!
Becky chapter 1 . 4/25/2015
Been over a year since this was updated, will we see more soon? I really hope so!
BelloftheSea chapter 16 . 4/7/2015
I'm torn as to whether I want this to update first or Dauntless. I suppose I'll be happy with either. That last scene with Naoto and Kallen was so sweet. I liked Naoto in Dauntless but I love him here. He's such an awesome big brother. I hope he doesn't die in this one. I think I might cry if he does.
Fainfan chapter 16 . 3/24/2015
Great ending you left it at. Hope you continue this
Fainfan chapter 13 . 3/24/2015
Kallen the nut cracker :)
amerdism chapter 16 . 3/3/2015
awesome I hope to see more soon