Reviews for of times, the worst and best
Neshomeleh chapter 1 . 12/26/2012
Very touching, thank you
whiplashwhiplash chapter 1 . 3/7/2012
I'm amazed and flattered that you'd write such a long and lovely companion piece for my short ficlet. Strangely enough everything felt new and interesting even though I, obviously, knew both the dialogue and general plot. Great job!
lionsassy chapter 1 . 3/5/2012
Realy nice companion piece. Thank you.
ladybrin chapter 1 . 3/3/2012
Oh my goodness- thank you for writing this fic- It shows the wonderful friendship that exists between these two caring and noble men. I love that you used one of my all time favorite books- and the line- it was the best of times and the worst of times - certainly applies to their lives- they are doing all they can to ehlp others- yet they "hurt" in so many ways- finch becuase of his physical as well as emotional pain (guilt) and John becuase of all his demons- their friendship is one of the main things that pulls me to the show!- You showcased that wonderfully- PLEASE more- and I am so glad we are finally getting some writers who do NOT to the slash-
Mamahub chapter 1 . 3/2/2012
Thank you, and Whiplash, for both of these beautiful and melancholy stories. Both of them made me cry. Our heroes have so much suffering and pain in their lives. Thank goodness they have each other so they are no longer suffering alone.
ForestLark chapter 1 . 2/29/2012
Lovely description and felt very true to the characters!
trouble97018 chapter 1 . 2/29/2012
You brought this scene to life.
Pickwick12 chapter 1 . 2/29/2012
Absolutely heartbreaking and beautiful.
Evesgreenleaf chapter 1 . 2/29/2012
Beautiful and touching!
Dickensian812 chapter 1 . 2/29/2012
So, so lovely. Nothing like a good friend and a good book! I love the bits of backstory, Finch's taste in reading, Finch's endurance and John's kindness - even the name Jonathan! :-) - all of it.
pastorannie chapter 1 . 2/29/2012
I think this is a ridiculously good story too. Thank you for the refreshing relationship these two men have without having to go into the dark side of slash. I can just hear Reese's voice reading softly into the early night hours, and Harold latching onto to John's vocal timbre. As one who deals with tremendous chronic pain, I am always seeking ways to lower the roar and toll of the body, much like Finch must have to. Excellent way for Reese to quiet the man down, and appeal to the literary heart of his boss. Now if I could only have Jim Caviezel come read to me when I hurt. Love it!