Reviews for Lost Opportunity
Certh chapter 1 . 2/20/2017
So bittersweet and so sad at the same time. And so darn true, one small choice can alter everything. I liked how vivid this unnamed woman's recollections were - of her first beginning to notice Eomer, of her being startled by the kiss, of her deciding he was no fun. And then she begins to harbor a tiny hope. Poor woman. I wonder if she ever found happiness after that bitterness.
A lovely piece, tugging at the heartstrings. (It also brought to mind an ongoing fanfic by Girlbird, called 'Of Threads and Needles', about the woman Eothain loved and the circumstances that drove them apart)
EugeniaVictoria chapter 1 . 2/2/2014
Oh, this was very good. I liked it that you never actually mentioned the woman's name or disclosed anything else about her. This story reminds me that one should not take anything for granted, especially not in matters of love. Well-written, thanks for sharing!
Trueblue chapter 1 . 6/9/2012
This was really well written,while I do enjoy happy endings it's nice to find one that really does' ,awesome job on this 3
Nika72 chapter 1 . 4/13/2012
Bitter sweet story. And so true for me. Another little gem from you Deandra.
lindahoyland chapter 1 . 3/8/2012
I feel sorry for the girl. I fear Eomer must have left many broken hearts in his wake. This is very true to life.
gginsc chapter 1 . 3/2/2012
I am so glad she missed this "opportunity". What a social climbing troll! Eomer deserves better.
The Hobbit's Rhapsody chapter 1 . 3/1/2012
I've been subscribed to you since summer, but you haven't posted anything since, so I was very excited to see this in my alerts! I really like this; it's a little-used angle from which to come at the Éomer/Lothíriel story. Bitter(sweet?), realistic, evocative—well done! And I can't help myself wondering what has happened to this woman in the time since E/L's marriage.
Starlight-fireworks chapter 1 . 2/29/2012
I have read some of your stories but have never reviewed! I am so sorry about that! I hope I can remedy that in the future, and at least I will begin with this nice piece. I love the continuity in all your work, all the awesome characterization in such an underwritten part of the fandom, and I think that this was a vey unique point of view for a story. I really like your Éomer here- awkward teenager, then serious, troubled young man. Thanks for a lovely snippet of his story, and here's sending best of luck to your muse so that the new story will work out :-)

Starlight
JuliaAurelia chapter 1 . 2/29/2012
This was very good. I feel a bit sorry for the girl, but I firmly believe in E/L. Good job with this one.
Glory Bee chapter 1 . 2/29/2012
I am honored Deandra! Never have I had a story dedicated to me before. It is my privilege to encourage your writing which has brought me so many happy hours of reading :) This was definitely bittersweet, bitter for the fickle one time maiden, who evidently did not recognize a good thing when she saw it, but sweet for Lothiriel and Eomer too :)
Lady Bluejay chapter 1 . 2/29/2012
I really enjoyed this - so likely to be true which is what gives it an edge.

Thanks for the plug - my next chapter is with Lia so should come up this week. It is so slow as I have had family problems to deal with which has taken my mind from it. LBJ