Reviews for An Awfully Big Adventure
stay.traught.i'm.deactivated chapter 1 . 7/12/2012
A refreshing change from all the post-Failsafe fics I have encountered. I like it, especially Wally's enthusiasm. :D
Nell Fratelli chapter 1 . 7/11/2012
My admiration for your stories only grows. I hope to see you adding to this impressive repertoire, especially during these dark days of the season 2 hiatus!
overlyobsessedgirlfangirl chapter 1 . 5/30/2012
I love how Wally promises to have Artemis's back! So sweet.
annicaspoon chapter 1 . 5/13/2012
So I'm certain I reviewed this on tumblr - but tumblr loses things, and I actually really need to say how completely heart wrenching and breaking this fic is - cause, cause...ugh - they're just all so innocent beforehand, and they're excited for it, and kind of nervous, and "it should be fun, right?".

AND THEY HAVE NO IDEA THAT IN A FEW SECONDS THEY'RE GOING TO BE LAUNCHED INTO ONE OF THE MOST TRAUMATIC EXPERIENCES OF THEIR LIVES.

Okay, feels aside - this is pure genius. It's definitely more heartbreaking than any of the post-Failsafe fics I've read, and possibly even more than the episode itself. It's pure, dramatic irony at it's best. You want to jump in and yell at the characters to STOP - and get themselves out while they can! - because the reader knows what is coming for them, and reading this fic tugs at the reader's heart because of the whole use of the "calm before the storm" idea.

Adding to that - it's REALISTIC. Wally and Artemis WOULD still be going with their bickering. Robin WOULD think that the whole thing is kind of a joke. Conner WOULD be skeptical about the whole idea. M'gann WOULD be hesitant about the idea of possibly seeing her friends die. Kaldur WOULD be still fine with being leader and reassuring them all.

And just - "We will be fine." - ouch. Ouch, ouch, ouch.

But yeah - this is genius and sweet (even though we know they'll all be whooped in a few moments). The interactions between both Wally and Artemis and then Artemis and M'gann were really sweet (and I like how you made that happen, as M'gann and Wally were the two who flipped out most about Artemis' death.)

But yes - brilliant. And I dont care what you think, but also one of my favorites of yours, purely because it's so damn clever.
BlatantBookworm chapter 1 . 5/13/2012
Cool. They really did need something to say what happened before the excercise began.
Black Licorice Addict chapter 1 . 4/8/2012
Still just as amazing and funny and wonderful as the first time I read it on Tumblr. You have the gift of making light-hearted comments from the characters in serious situations that are totally appropriate.
Gimpyslair chapter 1 . 3/27/2012
Nice! Was that an Inception reference (The Kick?)
DayDreaming0f y0u chapter 1 . 3/1/2012
This was freaking amazing! Totally can invision this thing going down. Everyone was so in character. You did one hell of a job. And that uncertainness that M'Gann has, well, it totally explains everything! Haha! Batman is so worried. He pretends not to care, but he does. Gotta love DaddyBats! Wally will never change. Thanks goodness. The world needs people like him. Wonderful job. Man, I miss this show.
Sirens in the water chapter 1 . 2/29/2012
OMG! You like Peter Pan too? My friend and I love that move. We can quote most of it
chaneldancegrl chapter 1 . 2/29/2012
This is probably one of the most creative stories I've read on here! You're right, so many people do post-failsafe stories; I really liked that you went with the pre-failsafe route. You made their interactions so bittersweet and it was like "But... you die and the whole world falls apart but you don't know that..." *insert watery eyes* I just wanted to hug them all. Please keep up with your writing! :D I can't wait to read more, especially with March 3rd bringing new inspiration :D Yayyyy!
DreamaDove93 chapter 1 . 2/29/2012
haha, this is so bittersweet, so...ironic.

heh, "I'll have your back"

I really like this, gives me a whole new perspective to consider. I really liked how casual they were, they had no clue that this this little exercise would scar them beyond measure.

I really liked how you incorporated "failsafe" into the dialogue, pretty neat!

well,amazing as all your other fanfics, thank you for sharing your talent with us!

fanasy93
argent98 chapter 1 . 2/29/2012
"It's all good. I'll have your back!" I honestly about cried right there. Awesome idea! I loved it!
Lilyflower chapter 1 . 2/29/2012
I wish were like facebook, because if it were, I would LIKE this story SO HARD! Great job! :)
gamlings chapter 1 . 2/29/2012
Ah this is why you're my favourite author! Perfect, just ... perfect. The quote ("To die will be an awfully big adventure."— Peter Pan) set the scene up brilliantly. Loved the fist-bump and promise between Artemis and Wally. ("It's all good. I'll have your back!", "I'm gonna hold you to that, though.") Love your work and, as always, keep writing! _

Tigress