Reviews for The Birthday Present
Hello. I hope you're well. This is a very entertaining and engaging story. Why did you abandon it for so long. I really enjoy reading your works. Please update as soon as possible.
Good day.
Who wouldn't be extremely angry in her position, how could she ever trust him again? Will he always try to manipulate her to do what he wants? He is just treating her as a hysterical woman who couldn't possibly make her own decision, so he's justifying all of this because he thinks he knows best. At first it was interesting but the lengths he is going to keep this going are over the top and completely unbelievable.
Odeveca chapter 8 . 6/1
love it
Odeveca chapter 6 . 6/1
damn you Scorpius Hyperion MalfoY!
i love this story!
Fangalitious chapter 8 . 1/3
Just reread this partial story, and I'd love to read what comes next! I hope you return to this sometime soon! :)
Guest chapter 1 . 12/27/2017
Re-reading this story for the 10th time and I'm still not bored with it. What can I say? I love the storyline. It's really unique and intriguing that it keeps me guessing what is Scorpius next step in bringing Rose closer to his ultimate plan(to get her to be his wife ) . Love how you portrayed Scorpius in this story - cunning but smart and not to mention charming as well. I know you haven't been updating this story for years now but I hope that one day you will get back the inspiration to continue with this story. Pls don't give this up! Do know that there are many readers out there who look forward to your update and I'm definitely one of them! Keep up the great work!
Guest chapter 8 . 12/11/2017
What happened with this story? I like it. :)
Guest chapter 8 . 11/27/2017
IJDFJBHINDHFBMSNKBN I IS DONE
vincit qui patitur chapter 5 . 11/26/2017
i think it's time for me to go dig a hole and and stay there, and wonder ABOUT THIS AMAZING THING for the next eon or so.
vincit qui patitur chapter 3 . 11/26/2017
I'M GOING TO BURST OUT OF EXCITEMENT DEAR GOD IM SQUEALING INTERNALLY
Guest chapter 8 . 11/25/2017
Hey! I know you haven't updated this in forever and I get it. I also know that you don't want people telling you you HAVE to update. This isn't that. It is just me saying I really enjoy this story and was overjoyed to see on your profile (that was updated recently) that you haven't left this story. I would love to read more of this great tale. Just wanted to let you know that I at least would read it. Also, I wanted to tell you to stay strong. Chronic illness is tough, is is part of us that makes us strong. It does not define us. I know you probably know this all ready, but sometimes it is nice to be reminded.
Misty chapter 8 . 9/29/2017
Ah I should have checked to see if this was complete! I enjoyed this so much. The verbal sparting was so much fun. I hope this fic is just on the back burner as it's too good (and hurts my heart too much) to leave unfinished.
imperfect.Mirea chapter 8 . 9/24/2017
Okay. So it's 2017 and I found this unfinished fanfiction. Why the hell am I reading unfinished fanfictions?! Can't I for once in my life read good, finished fanfiction that isn't an one-shot? Nvm, it's only my frustration.
What I'm trying to say is that I really liked it and I'm so disappointed that there is nothing more. Don't get me wrong. I enjoyed your story. Undeniably. That's a fact. Hence my sorrow. And again - don't get me wrong. You're probably the case of my regret but (what's more important) you're also the author of this marvelous story so I shouldn't complain.
Anyway, I want to inform you that I spend two of my sleepless nights (greetings for illness) reading The Birthday Present and trying not to snort too loud. Moreover, when I fell asleep in the morning I dreamed about your story. Twice.
First one was about Ron and cause his visit in St Mungos. I dreamed that he met Draco in hallway of Ministry who smirked and said that he support his son's decision about engagement even though it's with Rose. And he hoped that Ron didn't mind it too because it would be insult to be worse father than Malfoy. Then Ron had a heart attack.
Second one was about Scorpius who visited Ron in St Mungos. Funny how you dream about hospitals when you're sick, lol. Ron was trying to hex Scorpius but before he could the young Malfoy greeted him with sparkling smile on his face and started talking something about wedding with Rose and named Ron as "father". When Rose tried to stop him, he gave her snake-like necklace and told her that's the one she ordered from Aphrodite for wedding and that she shouldn't be scared of price because he already paid for it. And that he heard from her that she already picked flowers for wedding and chose hers six bridesmaids. And then Ron collapse with his hand still in Scorpius' hand since their greeting. Poor Ron had a rough times in my dreams.
Sorry for talking around the subject. It's clearly my disadvantage. The truth is I wanted to inform you that I think this story is great even if you don't love it as much as you used to. I love it. I adore your Scorpius, that little bastard, his movements, smiles and cunning woo. He's adorable. Even though I would punch him hard if I was in Rose'e position. And Rose. Oh she's so... great. Just great. I really like the way you write her thoughts. Especially her thoughts about relationship with Henry was hilarious - the way she asked herself why she even allow him to see her naked. And one more thing - I never was a fan of Harry or Ginny. And you made me like them. And even ship them hard. I find it a little bit funny because even J. didn't do that and you only mention them in... 3 chapters? I'm not sure. :') I think you've got talent to making characters likeable. For example James even didn't have his appearance in story but the way Rose mention him in part with the Puppeteers made me think that he's awesome character.
I can count parts that I like the most but to be honest it would be faster to count these that I don't like. Well... or maybe not. I can't remember any at the moment. So I'm back to my favorite parts. Definitely the first place goes to balcony scene (and it's kind of funny that these two words reminds of famous Romeo&Juliet scene). Oh Lord. You made it so intimate! Good work! Others parts are great as well but this one is decisively my favorite. So here's the rest of parts that deserved honorable mention in my opinion: Scorpius and Rose's conversation at the beginning of story when Rose through that Scorpius forgot her birthday, Albus and his comments of Scorpius parading in Hogwarts with the Malfoy Ring (and his hated since Scorpius was a Quidditch Captain), Scorpius choosing his robes for Halloween Party (I wonder who is his source anyway), dance... oh Lord all chapter 3 without exception!..., The Daily Prophet's article, all part with shirtless Scorpius (Accio Beautiful!; also talking about children; also everything else), Henry and Rose's break-up-or-something-like-that-thing, Scorpius' letter (hilarious, rly, probably my second favorite), Ginny and her Petrificus Totalus when Rose told Ron about her not-engagement, squirrel in office, Ginny talking about Hermione punching Draco (and Scorpius reaction to this information), Scorpius wooing Rose... I told you it's too many parts! But it reminded me one part that I didn't enjoyed so much - it was funny that Scorpius was scared of Ginny but that go a little too far in my opinion. And... this is only thing I can complain (I don't have any knowledge about French nad onyx so it's not important for me).
What more can I say? I don't really know. The fact is that I hope for continuation. And because I can't do anything more about that I'll probably read rest of your fanfictions. So you can expect another messy comment from me in near future.
And I'm sorry for any mistakes in my comment. It's not my first language. To be more precise, I'm from Poland - Draco said hi. Also he's enjoying his autumn vacation from chapter 2. I hope he won't annoy Cracow's dragon or insult our basilisk for being more rooster than a snake.
See you later below another story~
(Btw. My brother just looked over my shoulder and said that I wrote essay about your fanfiction. Pft, he never saw my essays! They're much shorter!)
Guest chapter 8 . 9/15/2017
I am so glad I found this fic, It has to be One of the most entertaining ones I've ever read. Will definitely follow.