Reviews for The Birthday Present
Misty chapter 8 . 9/29
Ah I should have checked to see if this was complete! I enjoyed this so much. The verbal sparting was so much fun. I hope this fic is just on the back burner as it's too good (and hurts my heart too much) to leave unfinished.
imperfect.Mirea chapter 8 . 9/24
Okay. So it's 2017 and I found this unfinished fanfiction. Why the hell am I reading unfinished fanfictions?! Can't I for once in my life read good, finished fanfiction that isn't an one-shot? Nvm, it's only my frustration.
What I'm trying to say is that I really liked it and I'm so disappointed that there is nothing more. Don't get me wrong. I enjoyed your story. Undeniably. That's a fact. Hence my sorrow. And again - don't get me wrong. You're probably the case of my regret but (what's more important) you're also the author of this marvelous story so I shouldn't complain.
Anyway, I want to inform you that I spend two of my sleepless nights (greetings for illness) reading The Birthday Present and trying not to snort too loud. Moreover, when I fell asleep in the morning I dreamed about your story. Twice.
First one was about Ron and cause his visit in St Mungos. I dreamed that he met Draco in hallway of Ministry who smirked and said that he support his son's decision about engagement even though it's with Rose. And he hoped that Ron didn't mind it too because it would be insult to be worse father than Malfoy. Then Ron had a heart attack.
Second one was about Scorpius who visited Ron in St Mungos. Funny how you dream about hospitals when you're sick, lol. Ron was trying to hex Scorpius but before he could the young Malfoy greeted him with sparkling smile on his face and started talking something about wedding with Rose and named Ron as "father". When Rose tried to stop him, he gave her snake-like necklace and told her that's the one she ordered from Aphrodite for wedding and that she shouldn't be scared of price because he already paid for it. And that he heard from her that she already picked flowers for wedding and chose hers six bridesmaids. And then Ron collapse with his hand still in Scorpius' hand since their greeting. Poor Ron had a rough times in my dreams.
Sorry for talking around the subject. It's clearly my disadvantage. The truth is I wanted to inform you that I think this story is great even if you don't love it as much as you used to. I love it. I adore your Scorpius, that little bastard, his movements, smiles and cunning woo. He's adorable. Even though I would punch him hard if I was in Rose'e position. And Rose. Oh she's so... great. Just great. I really like the way you write her thoughts. Especially her thoughts about relationship with Henry was hilarious - the way she asked herself why she even allow him to see her naked. And one more thing - I never was a fan of Harry or Ginny. And you made me like them. And even ship them hard. I find it a little bit funny because even J. didn't do that and you only mention them in... 3 chapters? I'm not sure. :') I think you've got talent to making characters likeable. For example James even didn't have his appearance in story but the way Rose mention him in part with the Puppeteers made me think that he's awesome character.
I can count parts that I like the most but to be honest it would be faster to count these that I don't like. Well... or maybe not. I can't remember any at the moment. So I'm back to my favorite parts. Definitely the first place goes to balcony scene (and it's kind of funny that these two words reminds of famous Romeo&Juliet scene). Oh Lord. You made it so intimate! Good work! Others parts are great as well but this one is decisively my favorite. So here's the rest of parts that deserved honorable mention in my opinion: Scorpius and Rose's conversation at the beginning of story when Rose through that Scorpius forgot her birthday, Albus and his comments of Scorpius parading in Hogwarts with the Malfoy Ring (and his hated since Scorpius was a Quidditch Captain), Scorpius choosing his robes for Halloween Party (I wonder who is his source anyway), dance... oh Lord all chapter 3 without exception!..., The Daily Prophet's article, all part with shirtless Scorpius (Accio Beautiful!; also talking about children; also everything else), Henry and Rose's break-up-or-something-like-that-thing, Scorpius' letter (hilarious, rly, probably my second favorite), Ginny and her Petrificus Totalus when Rose told Ron about her not-engagement, squirrel in office, Ginny talking about Hermione punching Draco (and Scorpius reaction to this information), Scorpius wooing Rose... I told you it's too many parts! But it reminded me one part that I didn't enjoyed so much - it was funny that Scorpius was scared of Ginny but that go a little too far in my opinion. And... this is only thing I can complain (I don't have any knowledge about French nad onyx so it's not important for me).
What more can I say? I don't really know. The fact is that I hope for continuation. And because I can't do anything more about that I'll probably read rest of your fanfictions. So you can expect another messy comment from me in near future.
And I'm sorry for any mistakes in my comment. It's not my first language. To be more precise, I'm from Poland - Draco said hi. Also he's enjoying his autumn vacation from chapter 2. I hope he won't annoy Cracow's dragon or insult our basilisk for being more rooster than a snake.
See you later below another story~
(Btw. My brother just looked over my shoulder and said that I wrote essay about your fanfiction. Pft, he never saw my essays! They're much shorter!)
I am so glad I found this fic, It has to be One of the most entertaining ones I've ever read. Will definitely follow.
MischiefManaged3 chapter 8 . 9/6
Ohmygod hiiiiii! In no way do I Want to pressure u in updating but PLEASE update ASAP! I love this fic plsss continue! With all my love, :)
Mythgirllily chapter 7 . 8/31
This fic infuriates me. I must have more! Where is the rest of it? It reminds me a great deal of "Still Waters and Quiet Men a Starling Mystery" by LaDemonesaa
DongzhimenwaiDarling chapter 8 . 8/26
This is so funny, I hope you continue it! I feel a bit bad for Scorpius that his plan isn't going so well!
Vyxien chapter 8 . 8/22
Hey. Hope this isn't abandoned.
guest chapter 8 . 8/19
thank you so much for sharing this story! it is a lovely read and it really pulled me in (and makes me all smiley). of course i would love it if you ever decided to publish more, but i don't want to pressure you in any way, it is already so wonderful of you to have shared this much. but if you're ever worried about the next chapter not living up to expectations: please don't, we would all be overjoyed if all you wrote was "well, rosie and scorpy got married" :D thanks again for everything, your weiting is wonderful!
I really like this book, it's so funny and original! And even though it's been three years it would be amazing if you could update this book.
Helena Black chapter 1 . 7/12
pleaseee post more ;)
I'm loving it!
Fangalitious chapter 7 . 6/15
Hey, so uh... remember this story? Yeah, it was great, wasn't it? Any chance you want to return? It has been QUITE A LONG TIME since the last update, and I'm still bursting to see how this turns out. Pretty, pretty please keep writing? Okay, that's about all I got. Update soon!
IzzyLove chapter 8 . 5/21
Please keep writing. You're vey good at it. :)
KrystynaK chapter 8 . 5/3
Loved this - especially the blend of over-the-top confidence and stomach-twisting desire for Rose that Scorpius has got going on. It'd be lovely if you could pick this up again!
I love this fic. I hope you come back and write more about this two :(
Desperate Guest chapter 1 . 3/22
Come on!Please update !I'm desperate to see this end and you've written till November 2016 !not this story but others (which I love )Please this lovely story deserves your attention Please Please Please !