Reviews for Zorro versus M
alicewiggles chapter 26 . 6/26/2013
that was a great story thank you for suggesting it now I will be on to the next one
Asj Johnson chapter 26 . 4/2/2013
It's been a nice story.
Asj Johnson chapter 23 . 4/2/2013
It seems Judge Vasca still has a soft spot for food, since he quickly agreed to eat with Don Alejandro. I wonder if Sergeant Garcia and him could have a re-match before he leaves.
Asj Johnson chapter 21 . 4/2/2013
Heh. I like Monastario having fun with the sleepy soldier when getting to the cuartel. He’s probably done that enough times, that any of them would react automatically to his commands.
Oh good, he gets to do it to Sergeant Garcia, too. It wouldn’t feel right without him having a turn.
I wonder why Don Alejandro hadn’t been able to dry off a little before arriving. It’s kind of amusing, though he Is giving Diego quite a few hints.
Asj Johnson chapter 20 . 4/2/2013
Poor Bernardo is messing up his act quite often in this fic. It’s probably hard to figure out when to respond and when not to, because of Isabella visiting and knowing.
I hope Monastario doesn't end up dying. I started wondering about the possibility when I saw mention of a nearby cliff, because it seems like most of the people who discover Zorro's identity end up accidentally dying.
Asj Johnson chapter 19 . 4/2/2013
Poor Monastario at the end of this chapter. Diego's talking about him, and he can't say anything.
This is an interesting fanfiction. It’s also interesting for you to write a story in English, about Spanish speaking people, when you speak French. The flow of words in the story isn’t quite right, but it’s not too hard to get used to after a few chapters. Some sentences would sound better with the words in a different order, sometimes sentences are technically correct but don't sound right, and sometimes phrases are a bit off (like saying that someone is 'knocked', which doesn't make sense to me, but 'knocked out' would). I've thought about the possibility of writing something in Spanish sometime, to see if I can, though I'm sure it would sound quite strange, too (especially since I don't know much about the language. But if I'd try writing something in French, it would be much worse, because I know almost nothing about that language).
mimoji chapter 26 . 1/16/2013
argh... hit the wrong button...

... will be able to read them easily because for me, too, English isn't the mothertongue.

Keep up the story writing!
mimoji chapter 26 . 1/16/2013
I must admit I at times had difficulties reading with ease but I know how difficult it is to write in another language and its even more difficult to translate an already written story.
I'm glad however that I finished reading because I enjoyed it immensely!
I just hope that people reading my stories will be able to read them easily
IcyWaters chapter 26 . 7/17/2012
You have done a wonderful job of weaving this adventure into the TV show. It almost feels like a lost episode, answering many of the questions fans love to debate: When did Don Alejandro figure out his son was Zorro? What happened to Monastario?

Isabella is a delightful original character - fun, witty, and most importantly, she shares a believable history with our hero. :-) One of my favorite moments is when she cornered the fox a couple of chapters back. I do hope this isn't the last we've seen of her or her uncle.

Speaking of Monastario, you already know how much I adore your Enrique. It's terrific how he knows who is under the mask, yet doesn't have solid evidence, and the two 'best enemies' keep playing their game. Superb! I admire how Monastario gets his redemption, but his personality doesn't change. Most authors couldn't pull that off.

I also greatly enjoyed the father and son moments, along with how large of a role Bernardo played. I always picture him as a loyal friend and partner to Diego, and you show us that in spades.

I'm eagerly awaiting the next adventure!
IcyWaters chapter 25 . 7/14/2012
"In short, he hears when it's convenient for him."

I wrote it before, but I will write it again. I love Isabella and her sense of humor. The explanation for Bernardo's on-again, off-again sense of hearing is brilliant. Diego must be having loads of fun bantering with her. :-)

Scary Uncle Enrique rescuing a young Isabella...I adored the anecdote she told. I like the glimpse of the noble officer ready to defend Spain against all her enemies, and the doting uncle. You make Monastario so likeable while also keeping his devious qualities front and center. This is one of my favorite stories with him!

"Unmasked?" Don Alejandro interrogates, making jump his son. - Each time I read this, I jump right along with Diego! We know where Diego gets his stealth from!
IcyWaters chapter 24 . 7/8/2012
"And if I tear your mask, will I discover a little devil?"

I love Isabella! :-) The scene between her and Zorro is pure delight. The dialogue simply sparkles with wit, humor and a hint of romance. It easily ranks as one of my favorite moments in this story - and all Zorro fanfic.

The way Isabella teases and taunts Zorro is magnificent. Who would have ever imagined our charming fox trying to escape a woman's advances? It reminds me a bit of old cartoons from the '60s, where the boy chases the girl around the room, but when the tables are turned, he runs in fear. :-)

I can't wait to find out what you have planned next. I have a sneaking suspicion the judge will let Monastario free, since he was instrumental in stopping El Diablo. But what of Isabella? Will she return to Spain with her uncle (if he goes free)?
IcyWaters chapter 23 . 7/2/2012
The layers of deceptions and secrets in this story are extraordinary. Many authors would get bogged down in the details, but everything is clear and easy to follow. I keep waiting for someone to make a slip of the tongue. :-)

Isabella stealing a kiss from Diego is so sweet and romantic! I'm anxiously waiting for the kiss with Zorro. Our dashing caballero would never disappoint her.

I always liked Judge Vasca and wished he appeared in more episodes, so it's good to see him again. It's interesting that Vasca is familiar with El Diablo's terror in Spain. I can't wait to learn what he plans to do about Monastario and why he is so interested in learning Diego's side of the story.
dlhs8954 chapter 23 . 7/1/2012
I've been following this story from the beginning. I've just begun to immerse myself in Disney Zorro...but I like them just as much. Keep it up! We're reading out here! It's helped me to see and understand the differences in the two TV series. IcyWaters, you're very faithful in encouraging Little Bones. I thought I'd throw in my two cents - we're out here - and we're reading! Keep it up!
IcyWaters chapter 22 . 6/23/2012
If anyone had told me that Diego and Alejandro would want to plead for Monastario's case before I read this story, I would have said they were crazy. :-) But it all flows together wonderfully. The journey has been amazing. I'm rooting for a happy ending for our former capitán. Perhaps he can return to Spain with Isabella and the baby?

What I am most impressed by - and very grateful for - is how you manage to redeem Monastario while still allowing him to keep his mischievous edge. An excellent example is when Don Alejandro asks him how he will explain the bandage, to which Monastario replies: "The truth, of course." Deep down, I'm convinced he won't reveal Diego's secret, yet I can't help but wonder. And Monastario takes such crafty delight in his response.

You have the characterizations spot-on. This story deserves so many more reviews!

I'm also relieved Diego isn't hurt too badly. Our hero keeps pushing himself to the limits, not worrying about his own health. In the course of this adventure, he's been shot, beaten, poisoned, bitten by spiders...am I forgetting anything? Don Alejandro, Bernardo and the doctor need to conspire to make certain Diego gets proper rest, even if they must tie him to the bed. :-)

As always, I'm anxiously awaiting the next chapter.
IcyWaters chapter 21 . 6/19/2012
I love your Monastario! His devilish charm is on full display. I was rolling in laughter when he asked Diego, "Do you want to have fun?" The way he ordered the lancer to attention was terrific. I can just see that scene playing in my head, hearing the actors' voices and picturing their expressions.

Even though Monastario is showing some remorse for his past actions, you keep him sharp and witty - and never let it become overly sentimental. His back story and motivations for desiring power, along with his reasons for changing, are wonderfully presented.

The running theme of Monastario and Diego being best enemies is fun, too!

I also love how Monastario keeps prodding Diego about Zorro. He knows the don is the bandit, yet they keep playing games. Perfect! The scene with Monastario and Don Alejandro is one of my favorites. After the way those two men clashed, who would have ever imagined them sharing a secret from Diego? Amazing. :-)