Reviews for Highway of Heroes
Nessa671 chapter 5 . 12/29/2012
Please update soon.
Hawk00Refferencer chapter 5 . 3/29/2012
Wow, that certainly caught me by surprise. It's a shame I didn't see how that tag-team duel unfolded, but thanks for clearifying that Blackwing-Black Wyvern debate. You do have a lore for Bahamut's stats and effect, right? Just cheking.

The duel itself was quite interresting, even though it remained rather simple in it's execution. Of course, this is only my oppinion as our duel-coordination styles differ. From your point of view, that is quite enough.

I never imagined it'd be Snow summoning Skeleton Knight (yes, i know about him). Thought it'd be Maqui or something, you just keep surprising me. That's good. :)

I suppose we'll get to see Skeleton Knight's ace Underworld Dragon Dragonecro, right? About that, what's your oppinion on renaming the "Hell" archetype into "Netherworld" should it ever come to life in TCG? I once used that in order to revitalize the card in cardmaking, I wish I could send you the link.
A5L chapter 5 . 3/28/2012
Now things are getting interesting, can't wait to see what happens next.
Hawk00Refferencer chapter 4 . 3/23/2012
I have got to review this to say the following:

This chapter is by far the best thing I've read lately, this including the collage books... What am i saying?

I love it, you resolved a lot of info in it, and the dialogue is so perfectly executed... I fear my upcomming work might fall short behind you. The story telling thing is awesome, a nice history that you made. Namings and chants are also cool, especially Black Zero (such cool Bahamut Reference!), and honestly, I should have realized by now Fang's outta be the black Wyvern, but I didn't... come to think of it... If Fang didn't participate in that Cocoon pillar miracle, then what...?

anyway I'm looking forward to the next chapter.
Shaun Yun Farron chapter 4 . 3/20/2012
Another great chapter. You stayed quite true to both Fangy and Lightning.

Ah, the mystery begins! I was surprised you have the two working together so soon, but it is very reminiscent of the game. I must admit that. And are you usin the established Bahamut for the YGO universe or is it just made up? PM me if you need any help. I'm too lazy to log into mobile site after JUST logging into the regular site. Heh.

I look forward to th coming duel and the next chapter!

-Yun Farron out!
A5L chapter 4 . 3/20/2012
Awesome chapter, can't wait to see the tag duel chapter.
Hawk00Refferencer chapter 3 . 3/8/2012
So, that's your Gemini combo that you mentioned. Rosch doesn't really flare up the field, playing face-downs and all... I like the chapter, and I am wondering who this Black Wyvern guy/gal is. As for the Ice Barriers, I can't really say I can help. My stories revolve around cardmaking and honorable archetype resonance, so if I had an Ice Barrier deck, I'd start of with each member of the archetype plus some supports. That's far too different to how you're utilizing the duels, so I'm afraid I can't help out much with this. I hope someone else replies.
A5L chapter 3 . 3/7/2012
Awesome chapter, can't wait to see what Lightning does next.
The Major Kusanagi chapter 3 . 3/7/2012
Love this fic! My two favorite things in one!

I really like how conflicted Lightning is, dueling is already hard, dueling with a deck you don't remember is even tougher. I've tried that with the first deck I built nearly ten year ago. I forgot how in the world I got everything straight!

If you need fiend or dragon based deck help, send me a line! I've got the basics of Ice barrier, my best friend uses it exclusively. So send me questions an I'll pass them on to her.
Hawk00Refferencer chapter 2 . 3/4/2012
I love the title, and the summoning chants, not to mention the attack names. It's awesome referencing. I never expected you to include a 5d's character, least of all Aki. It was a neat surprise. And I certainly loved the departure scene: I suspect the white framed card was Stardust dragon and that all the other l'Cie would be using Duel Dragons as well. That was my initial theory though. But now I see you have a plan of your own. I'm looking forward to the next episode.

Okay, I'm afraid I'll have to review this chapter:

there's a small typo for Defence instead of Defense.

Plus, Chevalier de Fleur can only use it's effect during the controller's turn, so negating the Black Garden during Aki's turn is not possible. Also, even if it did do that, it'd be impossible for Aki to use the same effect during the same turn.
A5L chapter 2 . 3/3/2012
Now things are starting to heat up, I can't wait to see what happens next.
Hawk00Refferencer chapter 1 . 2/29/2012
It's here! Your first chapter! So, it an alternate timeline entirely, and you melted Lightning into Yusei's position, eh? Brilliant! I never saw that kind of connection, the was Cocoon sees Pulse the same way New Domino sees Satelite. She's using a deck based on Yusei's eh? Don't give off any spoilers, butcan I still guess what's going to happen?

Oh, and, here's a bit of criticism I found. In case you wanna know, or I wanted to know anyway if anything's out of place.

- So she lost her memories, and doesn't know her name's Claire. Does this mean everyone else does know? In FFXIII Lightning named herself, and no one but Serah knew her real name, not even her superiors. Does this mean she'll obtain the Lightning monicher on another occasion and everyone knows her real name? Or was that a story typo?

- You mentioned she had blue eyes, but doesn't Lightning have green teal eyes instead? I remember reading that in a trivia somewhere, and seeing it from up close kinda made sense. Serah has blue eyes, but Lightning's are more greenish.

- I don't mind Lightning use Yusei-themed decks, but... that first move with the complete field nuke with Lightning Vortex and Heavy Storm... it's not impossible, but it's a bit dishonorable from my point of view. Using awfully powerful cards in order to clear the field sounds more like something Jack Atlas of Seto kaiba would have done, not the main heroes. Their trait is using combos and actual skills, not powers of single-kill cards. But that's just my oppinion.

Awwwww, you mentioned my name, I'm so happy...! Yosh! I'll surely read this story all the way through! I hope Caius gets a beating! Don't let it disturb your story... I just reeealy can't stand that guy. Especially his The Void Beyond version. He keeps killing me... And it hurts... Myself, that is. Wait, I think I reached the end of review, so keep up the good work.