Reviews for What Once Was Ours
Alpenwolf chapter 22 . 2/4
I haven't played DAI, but I definitely can say that I didn't like Cassandra Pentaghast in DA2. I understand her position somewhat, but that doesn't make her likeable so far. Maybe sometime later, when I finally get to DAI!
Alpenwolf chapter 19 . 2/4
Easiest task ever, Andastre, easiest task ever.
Alpenwolf chapter 12 . 2/4
I was left wondering who this companion was and didn't find the solution or a theory, but now that you told us that it was andraste ... it certainly makes sense, in more way than just one.
Alpenwolf chapter 3 . 2/3
Damn, that is quite the theory. I haven't played DAI so far, so I don't know if there is anything that disproves it or not and even if it did, I would just take this as 'author's freedom' or something similar. Aaaaaaaanyway, that would make Fen'harel giggle even madder, because he was the single cause of the chaos and madness between humans and elves, now all that is left for him is to meddle with the qunari but I don't think it will be that easy or he had managed it after all ... or he did and we just haven't noticed it yet.
TheLonelySeeker chapter 23 . 10/2/2014
Wow, this chapter was very long, and it was wonderful, there would be so much to say that I don't know where to begin with... uhm... yes, magic! I loved your idea of what magic is: being able to listen to the Earth's singing, to connect with germinating seeds to use their energy. I also loved the way Maric defended Alistair's choice, it was epic, and of course, as a woman, I enjoyed so much all the marriage part :3
TheLonelySeeker chapter 22 . 9/29/2014
Aww thank you for letting Alistair choose to stay with his wife and children. Maric and Val are stronger together and they can face anything, Ali without his wife would have been at a loss :)
Great Cullen, I'm starting to like him
TheLonelySeeker chapter 21 . 9/29/2014
Heroes don't yearn for glory but are ready and willing to sacrifice their own happiness and lives when it's required :)

There is a friend of mine who would call Maric and Val 'twin flames'
TheLonelySeeker chapter 20 . 9/26/2014
I guess I have read a lot of Asunder spoilers here but I don't care, I love your story and I want to go on reading it now ;)

LOL the mirrors... very spicy xD
TheLonelySeeker chapter 19 . 9/24/2014
Unite Mages and Templars? Are you ready fo Mission Impossible?
TheLonelySeeker chapter 18 . 9/24/2014
Girl, you can write! O_O

Do I need to tell you that I liked how it happened? Do I?
TheLonelySeeker chapter 17 . 9/23/2014
Wait... ok, it was lovely chapter, Maric happy about having a family is d'awww, Adaia being a mage is awesome but... Val behaving like a 15 year old vergin? O_o
TheLonelySeeker chapter 16 . 9/23/2014
Turn to M in the next update? No, not a problem at all, going to read it right now :DDD
TheLonelySeeker chapter 15 . 9/23/2014
The thing that pains me the most is Besik's father dying from fever, I hoped the Eluvian was a kind of 'earthly Beyond' without illness and disease :(

I loved your description of Fen'Harel religion, it reminds so much of something else...
TheLonelySeeker chapter 14 . 9/21/2014
wait... Beren's wife, Luthien? O_O
Oh my, I thought 'Feanor' was just a random event, but I see it's not. I like your idea a lot, and my longing to go live inside the Eluvian is even bigger now.
One of the movies which had the greatest impact on teen-ager me was 'Witness' with Harrison Ford, the Amish lifestyle is what I've always considered a good one, not for their religion but for the collaboration and the simple living, and life in the Eluvian reminds me a lot of it.

About the veil, if I got it correctly if the Seal is Broken Fen'Harel is defeated but Thedas is destroyed? So they must find another way?

... I was sure that Maric and Val had already made love the evening she wanted to leave, lol xD
TheLonelySeeker chapter 13 . 9/20/2014
Maker! In Italy we have a saying: "E dagli amici mi guardi Iddio che dai nemici ci guardo io"

The saying is very simple in its sad, cruel truth: I can easily protect myself from my enemies because they don't disguise themselves as friends. You expect them to strike and you are prepared, on your guard. But when a false friend hurts you or stabs you in the back...well, you weren't watching your back. So, because of our only too understable human clinging to trust, we're at the mercy of these despicable turncoats.
So only God(s) can protect us from such fiendish creatures.