Reviews for Near to the sun
hervissa chapter 1 . 7/28/2014
Alright.
I've started reading the oldest Rumbelle fics because even though I'm almost at the end of S3, I don't want any spoilers.
I did not expect to find anything OH-MY-GOD-SO-FREAKING-AMAZING, just something nice.

This story is brilliant.
Simply brilliant.
I can only stare in awe at your writing style, which is basically perfect.
TELL ME YOUR SECRET TO WRITING PERFECT RUMBELLE
:D

No, siriusly.
I absolutely LOVE this story.
And since you said at the beginning there're gonna be two more parts...
OH GOD YES :3

I love the nice small bits.
Like "Emma's incredible luck", "may your life be interesting" [have you ever read something by Terry Prachett? ;]] and "that sneaky, underhanded, filled to the brim with really good taste man". THe last one is my favourite, by the way... ;)

SImply put, this story is gonna go not only into my favourites, but into my Extra Special Fics folder ;) :D

Keep writing! :)

hervisssa :)
SnowingOnCupcakes chapter 1 . 1/19/2014
I love this! It's so well written!
Aynessa chapter 1 . 3/4/2013
Good heavens. This is entirely too fantastic to have such a small amount of reviews. You deserve about 3,000 for this magnificent, poetic tale.

I just love the understated love and yearning sparking between them, hidden beneath words and avoidance and gestures and conversations about other things entirely. And I desperately adore how Belle is NOT okay, because it just boggles my mind that the show's writers expected her to somehow be okay after nearly 30 years of imprisonment. You portray her how she should have been - headstrong, ready to challenge an entire battalion of soldiers, even as she was unsure and floundering in a strange world with two lives battling for supremacy in her head, trying to remember and recapture her steady love for a man that rejected her out of fear and cowardice. I simply *adore* the confrontation between them where she backs him into a wall like a spitting viper. Rumple could do with a bit of that at times, bahaha!

Truly, this is one of the best OUAT fics I have seen. And mind you, I've been trying every fic I come across. This is just so stunning and beautiful, with subtle layers and feeling like an entire world unfolding in front of the reader's eyes.
Clockwork Mockingbird chapter 1 . 10/21/2012
Love! *dashes off to read the others*
devillish angel chapter 1 . 9/17/2012
i luv ur closing line.
wintersmith chapter 1 . 3/20/2012
There are so many great lines in this. Belle's 'I'm an ally' firmly establishes the fact that they're going to be equals, partners in this relationship, something I think the otherwise alone Gold really craves. 'I do miss the leather' (He wears it so well!) 'I'm you're girl'/'Yes, you are' (Aww, sweet.) 'You're acting all squirrelly' (I swear I'm not going to be able to look at him for a bit without thinking of this adjective!) 'I'm so close to smacking David in the face' (you & me both). Belle 'having the urge to dust'. & having always liked his hands. The Dating for Dummies book. And Gold saying 'Do with me what you will' (o god, can I really?)
Irisrose37 chapter 1 . 3/18/2012
A lovley story!
sweet-and-simple chapter 1 . 3/11/2012
That was... an abrupt ending. But I can see how perfectly it fits in, how everything just whispers about their own happy ending. Well, you had me laughing and then you had me feeling devious and the fact that I could feel what was there - magical.

Thank you for writing this story, love.
DragonRose4 chapter 1 . 3/5/2012
Yay! Love it.
SapphireShelle91 chapter 1 . 3/5/2012
Oh, this is one of the best Belle/Rumpel reunion fics I have ever read.

Absolutely brilliant! The dialog, the charaterisation, everything was simply perfect!

Keep up the great work!
olverabonk chapter 1 . 3/3/2012
This was lovely, absolutely lovely!

My favorite line: "That sneaky, underhanded, filled to the brim with really good taste man."

I loved the leather clothes reference.

Pride and Prejudice is my favorite book so I enjoyed the honorable mention. Great read!
Rachel452 chapter 1 . 3/1/2012
Alright, you write these two so ridiculously well that i'm not entirely convinced you are a real person. A 3 story series, can't wait for the rest!
ShibbySpunkyChick chapter 1 . 3/1/2012
What a lovely story! It has equal parts of wit and angst, and I absolutely adore your characterizations of Belle and Gold. I believe in your author note you said this is the first of three stories. If that's true, I'm looking forward to reading them because this was a gem of a fic. You're a very talented writer. :)
Kerichi chapter 1 . 3/1/2012
I think Belle will only be released when it suits Regina's plan, but I enjoyed your take on it, and that they aren't instantly back at true love's kiss. I think Regina would be smirking over them having lunch-she has a vested interest in Mr. Gold losing his dark powers for love, after all.

The ending was poignant (not sappy, which wouldn't suit Mr. Gold :D), but I was left wondering what time of year it was. I lived in Maine for a couple of years and I remember swallows in summer, so if there had been some description of seasons it would have helped establish a time frame. This could have happened in weeks as well as months.

Thanks for writing the story. :)
Condiotti chapter 1 . 3/1/2012
Ok, I like the story. I get all the UST between the two. But how could you just end it with "The Curse was broken three weeks later."? I ain't criticizing. I'm just a concerned-ish reader who doesn't like hanging like that. So sequel, yes?

Live Long and Prosper!