Reviews for Conqueror
Mighty Agamemnon chapter 1 . 2/17/2013
This was bittersweet but the Spanish Empire didn't fall the the defeat of the Spanish Armada (mostly caused by winds anyway). The very next year Spain defeated England's Counter Armada (poetic justice) and beat him BADLY a few centuries later at the Battle of Caratgena de Indias when England tried to take over Spain's New World kids/colonies. In fact, THAT was the real reason why England backed out of the War for Austrian Succession. And it pisses me off that Hetalia keeps downplaying Spain's obvious badassery! Spain stopped being the strongest after the Thirty Years War (he was also fighting the Eighty years War and quelling rebellions in Portugal and Catalonia) but he was still quite strong and kept his most empire until the end of the 19th century. So yeah...Spain didn't really lose everything that day. It was mostly just bolstered up by English propaganda...though no one ever speaks of England's humiliating defeat by Spain the very next year with the Counter Armada.
Annegyo chapter 1 . 10/20/2012
I really like this. I kinda get why it's so short but I think it'd be great as a much longer story if you could find the time to write it! _ Well done!
ArelDarke chapter 1 . 4/13/2012
Such bitter-sweet. No wonder Arthur seemed so bitter now a days.
Ceilo chapter 1 . 4/4/2012
So sad! If only Antonio hadn't lied, but then again there wasn't really much else he could do. Arthur should have picked his moment to ask better. Awesome fic
bscholz chapter 1 . 3/19/2012
Dang, I friggin love this story. It has the darker romantic side to it. _
Mademoiselle Ceauxlbie chapter 1 . 2/29/2012
Spain! :I Y u lie, amigo? You bastard.