Reviews for Raising Teddy
Savita chapter 9 . 4/14/2013
this is going good..pls continue
PrincessLazyPants chapter 9 . 5/3/2012
I'm liking the interaction between the characters and Teddy. I'm actually hoping Draco redeems himself in this story and maybe be a part of the gang too? Just a thought though this is your story so whatever you decide.

By the way, who's the headmaster if McGonogall is a transfiguration prof?
MissSadieKane chapter 9 . 4/7/2012
Aw, Harry is so caring. And why is Draco being semi-friendly? I'm looking forward to reading more.
Lara140112 chapter 9 . 4/6/2012
Alright normally I wouldn't review every chapter, but since you asked here we go:

1. I'm not too fond of any writing in brackets, because in my opinion it distracts, looks unprofessional and I would never expect it in a book. Having said that,I have used it myself but try to avoid it like the plague.

is not going to class anymore? That's not a critic, I'm just curious why she would do that.

3. If your OC's are just made up for the heck of it, I would have rather gone with original characters, after there are a couple of named from the books you could use. However if you have further use for them, then I haven't said a thing.

Overall I like how you portray Harry, especially his emotions involving Teddy. I feel you could go even further into detail, in this chapter especially with the scene involving Draco. The chapter is okay in length, but on the border of being too short for my liking.

Maybe try and write from first - person point of view or at least attempt to think the plot through that way before writing, because I feel at the moment you have a tendency to tell us (the reader) something that you would like us to know from reading your story rather than have the story tell us. I can't quite put my finger on it and maybe it's just the lack of linking phrases that makes it appeal that way.

Example: "Harry was always good at chopping, having to do it at the Dursley's so often. Cooking was a lot like brewing potions, which is probably why he got into the N.E.W.T.S class. Though, he never satisfied his relatives or Snape before."

Lastly I'm wondering whether English is your mother tongue and this is beta read? Don't get me wrong it's by no means a big issue and as far as I can see there aren't any spelling errors, but your tenses seem a bit all over the place.

I hope you don't take this wrong, I really like the story, just think you could make it that much better with watching some of the things I have mentioned. Oh an feel free to PM me instead of writing back in an author's note.
Lara140112 chapter 8 . 3/31/2012
you said this chapter isn't your best and I have to strongly diagree. I think it's your best so far. The length is a lot better and please don't make chapters much shorter than this. Also in general I enjoyed the interaction and flow much more.

This was good, keep it up.
D.A Member77 chapter 6 . 3/16/2012
Love this story! :)
E.M. Pride chapter 6 . 3/15/2012
This seems really cute. I can't wait to read more :)
Lara140112 chapter 1 . 3/15/2012
i do like your story, but please make the chapters longer.

Also I feel you give Harry a bit much to deal with: school, a baby and quidditch? Watching a toddler alone is a full-time job and you definitly wouldn't have him in classes that are potentially harmful (potions, defence, etc.)

I've heard of university students bringing their baby to a lecture, so you might have a fair point about juggling school & childcare, but those too will be struggle enough.
Teufel1987 chapter 1 . 3/9/2012
While I understand an appreciate that Teddy has inherited his mother's talent and has manifested this talent at a young age, I don't agree with the appendages ... Why does he have to grow wings and a freaking tail? And on top of that, bloody whiskers? He isn't some half human shapeshifter! The hair and eyes changing colour is more than enough in my opinion ... The extra appendages are a bit over the top if you ask me
MissSadieKane chapter 3 . 3/8/2012
Poor Harry. It really would be extremely difficult to look after a baby and do school work. And people really shouldn't stare at him like that (even though seeing a student with a baby is a bit of an oddity. I hope the teachers are supporting. And I hope this year they get a good defence teacher.
POTTERPHILE chapter 1 . 3/7/2012
TEDDY TONKS? WHAT HAPPENED TO LUPIN?
MissSadieKane chapter 1 . 3/4/2012
I really love this idea. Having a baby at Hogwarts is going to be very stressful and difficult but it should be fun and will make a fantastic story. I agreee with Harry that it isn't a good idea to leave him at the burrow. Will Teddy be going to lessons with Harry or will someone else look after him for classes?