Reviews for Incident of the Sterling Fox
Rachel L Driscoll chapter 12 . 4/11/2012
A wonderful story - and my favourite on here! I can't wait for you to write more stories. I love your style, and the story wasw brought to a satisfying conclusion, finishing off with the classic words of Gil Favor! Fantastic work, RowdyClara, and I'm looking forward to more of your stories! Bravo!
Rachel L Driscoll chapter 13 . 4/9/2012
Thanks for updating! What a great story! The excitement kept me on the edge of my seat. Again, I loved the Wishbone and Mushy moments (especially when Wishbone put the blame on poor Mushy about inquiring after Gleason destroyed the money!). Glad Rowdy's found Fox, and that Gleason's been reunited with his horse, too!

A fantastic story!
AllTrekkedUp chapter 13 . 4/8/2012
Ahh,the USSS! I didn't see that comin'! Awesome twist! :) Gleason getting his horse back was such a sweet scene! :) I loved it! This has been such a great story! I hope you start on another soon! :)
AllTrekkedUp chapter 12 . 4/8/2012
Awesome chapter! :) So glad Rowdy got found and took care of! And am 2x glad that he now has Fox back! :) Wonder who Carl really is? Hummm...
RowdyClara chapter 10 . 3/21/2012
Your welcome! :) I hope you can find the Nathan T. Riggins ones! They're really good. :)

I know what you mean. I'm still doing a Bonanza one but after discovering Rawhide, I just can't 'get into it'. Good luck with the plot! I can't wait to read more from you. :)

I've heard of Big Valley. I'll have to check that out too.

Thank you! They're really good-there's also a continuing series "Phantom Stallion: Wild Horse Island" which are pretty good too. I must say, I like the first ones best though. :)
Rachel L Driscoll chapter 10 . 3/21/2012
Thanks for recommending those books - they sound great. I'll certainly be checking them out! :-)

Yes, I am hoping to write some more Rawhide stories - hopefully soon. I've got a National Treasure story on the go at the moment which I probably ought to finish first, although I'm beginning to lose interest on that one as I prefer writing Westerns. I need to start thinking of some Rawhide plots though, because I'm desperate to write another Rawhide story. Plus I really want to write a Big Valley story, as I've just got into the series, and it's really good.

Looking forward to reading more of your great story. By the way, the Phantom horse series you mentioned sounds really nice. As I adore horses, I'll probably check those stories out, too.

Rachel
RowdyClara chapter 9 . 3/20/2012
I really enjoyed doing Hey Soos's part. . Thank you so much!

But, really, I do LOVE your 'Rawhide' stories! Do you have any plans of writing more in the future?

It was my pleasure! :) I really enjoyed the challenge. :) Your welcome!

It was pretty good. It's been a little while since I've read it but if I remember correctly, it was fine. No cussing or taking God's name in vain or anything. :) (Which I hate in books)

Some REALLY good ones are "Adventures of Nathan T. Riggins" by Stephen Bly. But, sadly, they went out of print in 2002 I believe. :( I've read 3 of them, ad I absolutely LOVED them! :)

Your welcome! . I'm so glad you liked it! :D I'm glad you guys are enjoying the story too! :)
Rachel L Driscoll chapter 11 . 3/20/2012
This is a great story. You painted Hey Soos to perfection - I could really hear his voice. Your story is descriptive and is brilliant. I love it! Such an exciting storyline. You have captured me, and I love your style of writing! You certainly have great talent!

Thankyou so much for drawing Rowdy for me! The drawing is great! Thankyou so much!

I noticed you said in your profile that you like the book 'Shane'. I'm looking for a good Western to read that's suitable, would you recommend 'Shane'?

Thanks again for the drawing, and also for such a great story. I'm am really enjoying reading it!
RowdyClara chapter 8 . 3/19/2012
Rachel:

The sketch is done. :) The link is on my profile. :)
AllTrekkedUp chapter 11 . 3/18/2012
I love the reactions here! There all great,the whole chapter is great! It feels fast moving and flowing smoothly if that makes any heads or tails to you. And now I'm wondering. Is the horse Hey Soos gave Rowdy Carl's horse? I guess I'll find out! Wonderful stuff! :)
AllTrekkedUp chapter 10 . 3/18/2012
Well I'm glad he got in out of the rain! :) I can so see that house and barn and everything so clearly in my mind! And Rowdy sittin' on the sofa drinkin' coffee and smiling at Amy like he'd never seen another girl in his whole life. Oh yeah,I can see it! :) Very good my friend,very good! :)
AllTrekkedUp chapter 9 . 3/18/2012
Gosh I was so into this chapter I almost felt feverish with Rowdy! Poor old son,it a stormin' and a rainin' like that and him feelin bad;though the horse coulda killed him if she had kicked him. You really pulled me into this chapter,good work! :)
AllTrekkedUp chapter 8 . 3/18/2012
I love this chapter! What was happening at the campfire was just like an episode,with the jokes and the songs. I knew Rowdy would go after Fox! I never really think much about the drovers horses,but,when thought about they had to have a great love for the horses they rode,just like I love my dogs,or maybe more! You must love horses too by the way you write them;which is very good by the way! :)
RowdyClara chapter 7 . 3/18/2012
AllTrekkedUp:

Thanks, AllTrekkedUp :) Well, we'll just have to wait and see. ;) I'm glad the story is being enjoyed! I want to thank all of you for taking the time to review my story. It means a lot to me. :)

Rachel:

Thank you so much, Rachel! I love watching those well-loved 'Mushy moments' so much on the episodes! There was one I saw recently when Mushy feel off his horse from shock in the episode, "Incident of the Blackstorms".

You deserve that and more. :)

Thank you so, so very much! I tried to make it as much like an episode as I could, but I couldn't really tell if it sounded like one myself. Thank you very much again! .

Okey-dokey! I'll leave you an update as much as I can on how it's going for now. :)

No, thank YOU! :) You have no idea (well, being a writer yourself, you probably do) how much that means to me! .

Rachel:

I'm enjoying writing this one so much! I'm still working on a 'Bonanza' story but I just can't seem to get into it like I am with this one.

Thank you!

I love horses too! I just couldn't resist making my first 'Rawhide' story's plot surrounding a horse. :) By the way, just a little note, the part where Rowdy tames Fox, should go into far more detail than it did. But I'm saving updating it for when I'm done with the story.
AllTrekkedUp chapter 6 . 3/13/2012
I love this chapter! I like the uses of 'ain't' and 'wished' makes the story even better! (Or maybe it's just because I'm a southerner and talk like that all the time! :) ) Also I think the Twister is a good thing to add in,that's always been a real deal thing in the West. I also like the tie-in with Amy and the doc;leaves ya knowin' theres more where that came from! Very good work! Thank you for writing Clara! :) :)