Reviews for Deserted Distractions
Thera Lance chapter 2 . 11/16/2015
I feel sorry for Ryo. It must be painful for him to like Tea to the point that he pretends for moments that they are going on a date while being too shy to actually ask her out. Oh year, and also being too worried about what Bakura’s going to do. It’s terrible that Bakura keeps toying with Ryo through out this chapter, and I can’t imagine how much self-control he has to keep a straight face while going through this.

On that subject, I am wondering how long it is going to take for Tea to figure out something’s wrong. For me personally, if I had several friends who had gotten possessed at one point or another, I would probably always be waiting (in other words, twitching out at every possible sign) for the next possession to occur. Of course, based on her trusting nature in the original series, it makes sense for her to not really be thinking about that.

On another note, I liked how well the setting is tied into the story. For example, it was easy to picture the snow slowly coating the streets outside and to picture the newspaper shelves that they sat behind. A lot of fanfiction stories tend to fail at depicting the setting in enough detail to support the characters and give the background substance, so it is nice to see it tied in so well here.
Thera Lance chapter 1 . 11/16/2015
I liked how you set up the mood for the first few paragraphs of the chapter, and I could just see the lightening mood of the school as the snow formed in the clouds above. I also found it interesting the way you first focused on the overall mood of the school and then zoomed in that focus to Tea. I felt that this scene could easily take place during the opening credits of a movie when the cameras are focusing on the protagonist.

That being said, it was also interesting how the mood slowly changed to something less cheerful and creepier; and, I thought that the transition was very well done. By going from the happy school to Tea’s displeasure at the snow not fitting into her plans and then to Ryo’s apprehension at the Bakura and the Spirit’s subsequent meddling, I think that you created a smooth transition.

On the topic of Bakura, his role in this story, so far, seems suspenseful. The way he starts out just as voice in Ryo’s head (which, if this were anyone else, I would wonder if they were a little crazy) and then goes to possessing him and inviting Tea to stay at school almost leaves apprehensive shivers at the suspense of where this is going to lead.
Feta Tsukino chapter 61 . 11/11/2015
Great story! I thoroughly enjoyed reading. Its truly a shame that Yami Bakura has such a strong influence on Ryou's life. I love the whole dynamic between all three of them. Tea is amazing all the way around. Too bad she won't remember her time with either one of them. Ryou ultimately ends up with his heart broken. That's what got me the most. It brought tears to my eyes.
love this story chapter 61 . 10/8/2015
WONDERFUL STORY! I loved it! Tea x Yami Bakura forever! XD
Bakurafan chapter 61 . 10/6/2015
I dunno, the ending seemed kind of cheap and lazy... In the anime Tea and Tristan regained their memory after Yami Bakura tried erasing them. Tea remembered every detail thinking it was a dream at first yet here in this fic she's completely clueless. Also I thought Ryo was a bit too sniveling here. He has more of a backbone than that in the manga. And there was a lot of filler chapters in this fic IMO that kind of rambled on about empty non-plot things.
Sorry, just some peeves I had. Still an enjoyable story. :)
Sylver chapter 8 . 9/27/2015
Amazing job with the kissing scene, just great. Really enjoyed reading this chapter.
Sylver chapter 7 . 9/27/2015
Love this chapter. Both Tea and Bakura reading the lines of The Crucible together was interesting.
Sylver chapter 6 . 9/27/2015
Yeah, Tea must have given him one heck of a kiss. Poor Ryou, he's so embarrassed about the whole thing. And here comes Yami Bakura...
Sylver chapter 5 . 9/27/2015
"He was a terrible liar." A contradiction? Ryou mentions that he was a good liar in I think Chapter 2 or 3. Anyway, 'twas a great chapter.
yugiohfanatic chapter 61 . 9/18/2015
I hated the ending. :/ Sorry I loved the story but the ending just sucks. xD Tea had sex with Bakura and the Spirit of the Ring and she would never ever know? That just seems wrong and like rape somehow. Tea should've kept her memory.
Sylver chapter 4 . 8/27/2015
I'm loving your style of writing. It really makes it enjoyable to read.

And Ryou's got some crazy lockpicking skills, er Yami Bakura I ought to say. At least they've got food. When you have food, you know you're set.

Also, Truth or Dare, huh? I think I have a good idea of what's to come.
Sylver chapter 3 . 8/22/2015
Another great chapter. I'd panic if I were stuck in a school building, yup, yup. You never know if there's a serial killer hiding in the shadows and no I'm not talking about Bakura. There are crazy people out there.

I gotta say I have no idea what it's like to be snowed in. Never experienced a snow day either. It doesn't snow at all where I live, and sadly it hardly rains anymore what with the severe drought and all.
Sylver chapter 2 . 8/18/2015
Oh boy, the Crucible. It's been a long time since I've read that. Great chapter.

I find it interesting that in the manga as well as in the season 0 anime, Ryou was very popular with all of the girls except for Tea. She was the only one who didn't fall head over heels for the guy. Of course, he wasn't interested in any of them. Guess cause he preferred his tabletop games over romance. Such a dork.
Narien Tanithmyr chapter 61 . 8/18/2015
Thank you very much for writing such a wonderful story. I greatly enjoyed reading it.
Sylver chapter 1 . 8/13/2015
I've watched the Yu-Gi-Oh anime since it first aired on TV, but I've never really shown much interest in it until these last few days when I'd decided to revisit a few episodes as well as read the manga. Now, I can't get enough of Ryou and his evil counterpart. I had just stumbled onto this story today and judging by the amount of reviews, it definitely seems worth reading. I'm really happy to see that it's also been completed and recently, too. (Yes, I'm one of those fanfic writers who takes forever to update I admit.)

Anyway, I had just finished reading the first chapter. I'll try to review each and every chapter as I go since I came to the party oh so late, again. I probably won't be reading it all at once as I don't think time will allow me, heh.