Reviews for Deserted Distractions
An outdated meme chapter 50 . 2/26
That was amazingly written. I don't want to sound like a pervert, but that was beautiful.
An outdated meme chapter 21 . 2/25
Bakura is being mean! XD. I really like this story!
Azure Shine chapter 59 . 1/21
i think this is good story, too bad about the ending. no spark at all. i enjoy both shipping as vex an ryou x tea. please erased bad review from your review box. i sure it make our eyes hurt.
ladypennywise chapter 6 . 12/30/2016
*Screams* OH GOD, I JUST LOVE THIS CHAPTER TOO MUCH.
I'm so happy because my OTP finally kissed! Ryou and Anzu are such a sweet couple :)
Amazing!
Yukiji Yumemiru chapter 1 . 12/15/2016
I just stay awake all nigth to read. Its amazing, you make a great job with the characters, specially Yami Bakura. Also i really love how you take the rhythm of the stories, slow and very well described... You look in the details, the timing of all. With all the craziness they still have comun sense. The end... was logic, but still break my hearth. I feel most of the story that Ryou was indeed a depress person with a hard life and he end with his hearth broken. Life is cruel not? Good job, im going to search more of your work.
Anonymous chapter 1 . 10/22/2016
TEA IS NOTHING! SHE'S NOTHING AT ALL! BAKURA WOULDN'T EVEN HAVE THE NERVE TO LOVE UP ON THIS SPOILED ROTTEN BRAT! INCLUDING HAVING SEX WITH HER! BLECH! WHAT KIND OF GUY WOULD EVEN WANT TO HAVE SEX WITH AN ANNOYING GIRL LIKE HER?! I KNOW BAKURA WOULDN'T! YES I'VE READ ALL 61 chapters and DESERTED FUCKING DISTRACTIONS IS STILL HORRIBLE EVEN THE SEX SCENES! THIS IS WHY I DON'T EVEN READ IT ANY LONGER! I WOULDN'T DARE GO TO THIS FREAKING STORY TO READ HOW HORRIBLE IT WAS! TEA AND BAKURA?! REALLY?! I HATE ALL SHIPPINGS REGARDING BAKURA NOT ONLY THIS PIECE OF CRAP! EVERY SINGLE CHAPTER IS LITERALLY HORRIBLE! I CAN SEE TEA WITH YUGI/THE PHARAOH BUT NOT THE SPIRIT OF THE RING! DO YOU KNOW THAT TEA DOESN'T EVEN LIKE BAKURA?! ALL SHE DOES IS TALK OVER AND OVER AND OVER ABOUT THE PHARAOH AND I REALLY GET SICK OF LISTENING TO THAT! TEA IS STUPID ANNOYING AS HELL AND CRIES OVER THE PHARAOH LEAVING HER! I GET TIRED JUST BY HEARING HER VOICE AND READING THIS GARBAGE AND OTHER PEOPLES' STUPID 'VEXSHIPPING' STORIES AND STORIES REGARDING TEA IN IT!
cinnamonrollbakura chapter 61 . 9/22/2016
That ending /hurt/. I feel so sad for Ryou and Tea both. This story captured my attention for 3 days straight and I could hardly make myself pause at the end of a chapter in order to do some real work. I enjoyed your writing style, it was pleasant to read-descriptive, but not over the top, casual enough to feel like I was in the POV character's head but strong enough to produce some really snappy moments and phrases that stuck in my mind. Also I think you handled the citrus-y scenes well. They were hot, capturing the characters' passion and lust and general heightened emotions but the descriptions weren't over-indulgent. This story was really a struggle of emotions-such a delicious mix of warmth and sadness, hope and despair, beauty and disgust. I had never considered pairing Ryou and Tea before this fic, but, again, this story drew me in and I just had to finish it. Well done.
Dear Anonymous chapter 1 . 9/7/2016
Wow, you read all 61 (or at least to 60) of a fanfic that features characters you hate in a pairing you hate? (and it wasn't even for the sex scenes?) I'm flattered.
Anonymous chapter 1 . 9/7/2016
I really really REALLY hate this story Tea wouldn't even fall for a person as evil as Bakura! What is wrong with you?! Tea is TRULY irritating! No one not even the Spirit of the Ring would have the nerve to fall in love with Tea! She's a spoiled brat who talks nineteen to the dozen about The Pharaoh and Yugi and doesn't even care about her friends Bakura doesn't even like her anyway I REALLY hate this kind of shipping and all others regarding Bakura I hate this story with a DEEP PASSION You should've wrote another story instead of this crap NO ONE likes TEA GARDNER! TEA IS NOTHING BUT AN ANNOYING LITTLE GIRL WITH NO SENSE AT ALL! All she cares about is The Pharaoh and Yugi and those other irritating brats she calls her friends Get a grip! Tea would NEVER in her right sense of direction fall for the Spirit of the Ring because he's EVIL! If you've watched the TV show you'll see for yourself! She doesn't CARE about the Spirit or Ryo
And the sex scenes between Tea Ryo and Bakura: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 28 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 51 52 54 58 59 and 60 were ALL HORRIBLE!

No EVERY SINGLE CHAPTER WITH RYO TEA AND BAKURA WERE ALL TERRIBLE! I JUST WANT TO THROW UP RIGHT NOW JUST PICTURING BAKURA AND TEA TOGETHER! THANKS FOR RUINING THIS FANFICTION EXPERIENCE TALKING ABOUT VEXSHIPPING!
o chapter 61 . 9/1/2016
Love this story so much, you're a wonderful writer. I just absolutely loved how you portrayed the characters xD, especially yami bakura since he's so seductive with his words! but you nailed it.
Thera Lance chapter 2 . 11/16/2015
I feel sorry for Ryo. It must be painful for him to like Tea to the point that he pretends for moments that they are going on a date while being too shy to actually ask her out. Oh year, and also being too worried about what Bakura’s going to do. It’s terrible that Bakura keeps toying with Ryo through out this chapter, and I can’t imagine how much self-control he has to keep a straight face while going through this.

On that subject, I am wondering how long it is going to take for Tea to figure out something’s wrong. For me personally, if I had several friends who had gotten possessed at one point or another, I would probably always be waiting (in other words, twitching out at every possible sign) for the next possession to occur. Of course, based on her trusting nature in the original series, it makes sense for her to not really be thinking about that.

On another note, I liked how well the setting is tied into the story. For example, it was easy to picture the snow slowly coating the streets outside and to picture the newspaper shelves that they sat behind. A lot of fanfiction stories tend to fail at depicting the setting in enough detail to support the characters and give the background substance, so it is nice to see it tied in so well here.
Thera Lance chapter 1 . 11/16/2015
I liked how you set up the mood for the first few paragraphs of the chapter, and I could just see the lightening mood of the school as the snow formed in the clouds above. I also found it interesting the way you first focused on the overall mood of the school and then zoomed in that focus to Tea. I felt that this scene could easily take place during the opening credits of a movie when the cameras are focusing on the protagonist.

That being said, it was also interesting how the mood slowly changed to something less cheerful and creepier; and, I thought that the transition was very well done. By going from the happy school to Tea’s displeasure at the snow not fitting into her plans and then to Ryo’s apprehension at the Bakura and the Spirit’s subsequent meddling, I think that you created a smooth transition.

On the topic of Bakura, his role in this story, so far, seems suspenseful. The way he starts out just as voice in Ryo’s head (which, if this were anyone else, I would wonder if they were a little crazy) and then goes to possessing him and inviting Tea to stay at school almost leaves apprehensive shivers at the suspense of where this is going to lead.
Feta Tsukino chapter 61 . 11/11/2015
Great story! I thoroughly enjoyed reading. Its truly a shame that Yami Bakura has such a strong influence on Ryou's life. I love the whole dynamic between all three of them. Tea is amazing all the way around. Too bad she won't remember her time with either one of them. Ryou ultimately ends up with his heart broken. That's what got me the most. It brought tears to my eyes.
love this story chapter 61 . 10/8/2015
WONDERFUL STORY! I loved it! Tea x Yami Bakura forever! XD
Bakurafan chapter 61 . 10/6/2015
I dunno, the ending seemed kind of cheap and lazy... In the anime Tea and Tristan regained their memory after Yami Bakura tried erasing them. Tea remembered every detail thinking it was a dream at first yet here in this fic she's completely clueless. Also I thought Ryo was a bit too sniveling here. He has more of a backbone than that in the manga. And there was a lot of filler chapters in this fic IMO that kind of rambled on about empty non-plot things.
Sorry, just some peeves I had. Still an enjoyable story. :)