Reviews for So Deep the Night and Far To Go
aremej012 chapter 23 . 10/5/2013
So I finally got to read the ending xD
I have to say I much prefered b the original ending!
Even though neither actually have a happy ending, I feel I get more closure with the original :D
But nevertheless I loved it! Amazing awesome fanfic!
aremej012 chapter 21 . 9/26/2013
Wow i just read this all in one sitting!
First of all... WOW!
this fanfic was sooo... uhh... how do i describe it... weird? funny? strange?... Awesome?
it was really extremely entertaining! it was strange but in the best way possible! i love how you included the characters in the night and in most cases they were sooo uhh weird!
i truly loved it!
i feel kind of sad that i couldnt read your original ending...
i would have liked to see how you planned it out...
i cant wait to see how you end it!
and hopefully someday you'll post the original ending to this!
countrybutterfly chapter 21 . 9/22/2013
I feel so torn about this story.

-one specific trigger warnings were definitely needed particularly Azimio's PTSD - I know some people see them as spoilers but they're meant to protect readers-if anything just say there's major triggers and if anyone is concerned they can message you for details even for crackfics

-also with crackfic: you're end of 21 explanation would make sense if it wasn't a crackfic- which means the ridiculous ending is acceptable and allowed and even encouraged. So I was with the story until the end. Te realists n did not fit or I'd wen go as far to say didn't work. And I can think of endings that still would have Dave dying and fit in with the nature of the fix.

That being said as long as I ignore the last chapter. I found the story well-written and amusing. I loved your take on all the character particularly Blaine, Rachel, Puck, and Lauren

I really loved it up to the ending point. Maybe the ending will grow on me.
Mytay chapter 21 . 8/15/2012
You made me cry.

I think the most excruciating part wasn't the flashback to the ambulance and paramedics taking Dave away, or the hospital scene (both in flashback, and at Kurt's job), but what came later.

It started with Kurt trying to write the letter to the Karofskys, and being unable to come to terms, to put down in words, that he'd (unintentionally) brought about their son's death. That Mercedes and Emma were there, that Mercedes sang 'Amazing Grace' (one of the loveliest songs ever, in my humble opinion), and that Sue Sylvester made an appearance - it was wonderful and horrible.

Puck's letter made me smile, though. And the reasons behind the robberies - total sense :) The eco-friendly bag suddenly takes on new meaning ;D It was a teary sort of smile when he mentioned naming one of the cubs 'Dave', but the way you write Puck (which is true of all the characters in this story) had me chuckling to myself, because it was so *him*.

And, oh, Brittany. ""It's like walking on newborn lambs!"" *sigh* I do so love Brittany. And that she was able to, completely without meaning to, coax a smile out Kurt made me smile again, because that's what Brittany is to me - sunshine, rainbows and lollipops :) The "warmth and color" in Kurt's apartment.

This did end on a hopeful note and I'm so very glad it did. I like the idea of Kurt having a new, crazed group of friends lurking about. I like the fact that he seems to have made peace with what happened. And I loved the fact that you had the courage to end it with Dave dying, though I simultaneously hate you for it ;D I've yet to develop the ability that allows me to kill beloved characters (er, well, kill them and have them *stay* dead, 'cause I do love my angst) and showcase the aftermath.

You did it beautifully here. Many congrats on that!

And this was such a spectacle of a story - it was bold and nuts and all kinds of cracky, but also emotional and true, and lots of fun to read, while also heartbreaking to read - thank you so much for writing it, Ella! *standing ovation*
Mytay chapter 20 . 8/15/2012
Kurt's outfit is going to get him into trouble. I knew this before both Officer Bieste and Dave wandered off, and holy crap, WHY? Why did they LEAVE HIM ALONE?!

BRAD! Oh my GOD, it's BRAD! AND DAVE AND BIESTE ARE HERE BUT NO!

You are the devil. You're brilliant and amazing. But evil. Wait, was Brad in here earlier? I don't think so, I don't remember him being mentioned earlier - did I miss something? Wait, no, can't think right now because DAVE IS DYING IN KURT'S LAP!

*clicks for next chapter*
Mytay chapter 19 . 8/15/2012
Of course Kurt can surmise someone's measurements with one appraising stare, and of course, he can use his dive/b*tchtastic persona to make some poor sap give up his own clothes, because Kurt Hummel is just THAT awesome, everyone! :D "Clothing tax"? Brilliant! Also, "Footwear ninja"? *giggles*

" "My new celebrity spokesperson likes you, Becky thinks you're hot, and I find your situational morality appealing." " Oh, Sue. I do so very much adore you. Why are you so very cool and amazing and batsh*t insane? Also, Ella, why are you so good at writing this woman? Geez, it's something to behold :D " ""You left DNA all over that room. By the way, you'll be pleased to know you both have a clean record with INTERPOL."" *bursts out laughing* Her 'fun fact' made my eyebrows shoot up. Lucrezia Borgia's cookbook indeed.

But what the eff with that cliffhanger, lady! (P.S. Still adoring your chapter titles and million and one references! They make me feel smart when I get them, and highly uncultured when I have to google them, but then I learn things so, you know, win-win ;D).
Mytay chapter 18 . 8/15/2012
Ah, I've missed this cracky, clever, absorbing piece of fiction :D

I had to go back and re-read from the beginning to refresh my memory, and it had me laughing out loud all over again - and clapping like a little girl because once again, your taste in music thrills me to no end.

When Kurt was hesitating in the beginning there, as to whether or not to tell Dave about his premonition, I was seriously contemplating throttling him - because no, Kurt, you did not go through all the insanity just to blow it now! But thankfully, Kurt is a smart cookie and came to that conclusion all on his own :)

"Kurt figured there was no need to bog down the story with aborted threesomes and misadventures in fetish prostitution." Hee, just before this, when Kurt was re-counting his tale, I wondered at the missing parts - and then I figured it was just as well, because, uh, 'awkward' wouldn't even begin to cover it, would it?

The beauty that is Kurt and Dave in this story . . . it's so very well-written and lovely, and I've said similar things in the past, but I have to say them again. These two are not my favourite pairing in Glee, but you make me believe it here, and you make me want them to be together and happy. You've given them the most wonderful back story, different from Glee, but true to their characters, and then riddled it with the anxiety that was Kurt's premonition and the fact that Dave may not survive the night (I am less nervous about that now that they're together, but, yeah, still worried!) . . . It just makes it all a wonderful (albeit crazy ;D) story about these two people and missed opportunities, and all things to those who wait and so on. I have no clue if any of that made sense, but there you have it :)

*breathes* Okay, onward! If I were a person to bite my nails, that's what I'd be doing right now . . .
E chapter 21 . 7/17/2012
While this story was wonderfully written, I absolutely HATED the ending. It did not, in my opinion, fit the tone of the rest of the story at all. This story was wacky and goofy and funny. Having Dave die at the end ruined all the fun for me, and had I known he was going to die, I never would have read it. I have managed to avoid all major character deaths in the stories I read, and this left me feeling like I had been had.
living.this.lie chapter 21 . 6/26/2012
What can I say except that I loved every moment of this! Your story had the quirkiest set of characters and one of the most genuinely interesting plot-lines. There was never a dull moment. Loved the way you used the Glee characters. Casting of everyone was near perfection. Coming from someone who wasn't that passionate about Kurtofsky; I absolutely adore them after this! I have to say this story was the right balance of funny, weird, kinky, and sentimental. Loved it.
Milkater chapter 21 . 4/8/2012
As much as I had ((of course)) hoped Dave would somehow live, I expected from the start for Kurt to 'fail' in the end... The characters were all amazingly written and your style of writing is one I loved... The end was, in my opinion, not so bittersweet but instead, I found it left me feeling content... I know that is't kinda weird but true none the less... The only thing I think could have been improved it to try reaching the readers emotions a little more... It's hard ((I still can't do it)) but it's possible... I felt detached from the story towards the end and every time Kurt was feeling an emotion, I was left without feeling the emotion myself... Still, it was a beautifully written story with a great ending, something many people ((including myself)) struggle with )
sdl458 chapter 21 . 4/5/2012
I'm not even ashamed to admit that I just stayed up until one in the morning reading this- it was amazing! And while a happy ending would have been nice, I think this is much better. It definitely sends a much deeper message, and I am always up for some late-night contemplation. But really, this was great. Three hours well spent :)
kaiiju chapter 21 . 4/4/2012
I have to say, I am actually pretty happy that you made Dave die.

Not that I want him to die. I love the character, and I liked what you did with him in this story. I just think that it was bittersweet and in the end much more realistic then the miraculous happy ending. This also sounds odd, coming from a reviewer, but I like that you didn't pander to the reviewers just so we could be satisfied.
IShipItAllAndThenSome chapter 21 . 4/4/2012
I flippin' love the ending. Brittany and Lord T making Kurt happy again in that way? Brilliant.
deeniebee28 chapter 21 . 4/4/2012
As much as I'd have loved for Dave to live, I totally get why he died. And that was freakin'beautiful with the John 15:13 reference. Like you said, bittersweet. Lovely story, really wonderful!
TheYummyPencil chapter 21 . 4/4/2012
Aw, man...I knew this was coming, but damn :'( So sad...

And beautifully, wonderfully written! Loved Bryan and Shelby and Beiste and Finn and Puck and Lauren being conservationists ('I'd rather start a fire than bitch and moan in the dark'is my new mantra now) and Dave the leopard cub (as opposed to bear cub) and the beep...beep...beep...and the bible verse...

Just heartbreaking everything :') If I could Favorite it again I would. Thanks...