Reviews for Wind Beneath Eagle's Wings
Nonamenonamenonameplease chapter 10 . 4/19/2014
“Sorry. I’m just so excited to meet a new friend!” Especially since we just got through watching you meet (a.k.a. harass) Rhinox-uh, I mean Cranky Doodle. Heh, heh. MLP has a history of sharing voice actors with its counterpart Transformers. We got Frank Welkern (the original Megatron) voicing various voices throughout G1, namely an octopus who once flooded Dream Valley; Peter Cullen (Optimus Prime) for the lead Crabnasty; Venus Terzo (Blackarachnia) for Patch and Dazzle from MLP Tales, and Rainbow Dash and Sparkleworks during the first half of MLP G3; and of course Richard Newman for Cranky Doodle. Bit of trivia I couldn’t resist sharing.

Speaking of Transformers, Lionwing and Rainbow Dash’s dynamic reminds me of the one shared by Silverbolt and Blackarachnia during either Transformers: Beast Wars or Transformers: Beast Machines. And hey, as I already stated, the two females shared a voice actor before. Coincidence or what? :P

Marvin and Twilight’s suspicions about Lionwing’s “collar” should come as no surprise to anyone, considering Discord of all creatures is on the loose. This is the third time he’s gone after Celestia and about the twentieth or so time that Ponyville found itself hosting a major disaster. You’d think the characters would be on their guard a little more by now instead of treating it so casually. That’s one of the show’s worst problems: The characters don’t know how to talk to each other or anyone else. Is it any wonder they get into a lot of easily avoidable incidents? G3 Pinkie Pie said it best in Twinkle Wish Adventure about Toola-Roola’s nyctophobia:

Toola-Roola: Umm…there’s something…I don’t think I’ve ever told you. Uhh…well…
Cheerilee: What is it?
Pinkie Pie: You can tell us. We’re your friends.
Toola-Roola: I’m afraid of the dark.

In short, Toola-Roola confesses, and the others understand and help out. You can catch the rest for yourself if you’d like. If that doesn’t make the Core 7 awesome, I don’t know what does. Bottom line, I’m glad Twilight showed some common sense this time and talked with Celestia. Having Discord capture the princess like that drove me a little crazy, but perhaps it’s more preferable than letting him and his snakes harass the populace (in that case, wow, I think I’m more scared of Pinkie Pie; O_o). The evidence is piling up as to where the series itself and Discord’s development are heading, but I’ll save those thoughts for later stories.

Concerning Chapter 7, I believe I’m getting closer to understanding that difference I’m searching for between ripoff and non-rippoff. Glad you toned down all this constant copying. Still, I would remove the song lyrics and the bit with the ice-skating, to be safe. Other than that, your series is coming along nicely. I eagerly await more.
Nonamenonamenonameplease chapter 9 . 4/19/2014
I forgot to mention some things last time. First, I came to realize that Marvin’s calmness helps balance out Twilight’s anxieties. Second, okay, maybe Kaa IS green, or he at least appears that way during the night. He seems more brown to me in the daytime. Hiss is yellow no matter what, so no problem there. Third, going back to the Golden Arrow, I take it back and think instead that Luna could destroy it since Celestia has been rendered powerless.

After giving Quest For Camelot the once-over and looking past everything wrong with it, I’m happy to know that you nailed the behavior of Lionwing (as you named him) spot-on. I was afraid his scratchy voice might be enough to scare small children, and he certainly knew how to make an equally fearsome entrance when he stole Excalibur. The chivalry I understood given his former environment and its time period, but cooing over Spike and the CMC?

Then came that first encounter against Ayden of all beings and the report of failure to Ruber. Long story short, Lionwing really is a big softie inside once you get to know ‘im, isn’t he? Speaking of servitude for acceptance, Spike knows the feeling without question. You insinuated that Twilight loves her adoptive brother dearly and they’re like family to each other. When she isn’t CONSTANTLY leaving him behind to go have fun with the others; laughing at him while he drowns and freezes at the end of Winter Wrap-Up; hardly ever thanking him for his efforts at helping her with her studies and other things; never inviting him to any of the fun events, including her STINKIN’ BIRTHDAY PARTY…(takes a moment to calm down)…sure, I’ll buy that.

I’m getting ahead of myself. Sorry, badboylover24. There’s just so much on my mind that I want to express right here right now, but it’s neither the time nor the place. With all the schoolwork and such ahead, my dam of emotions is leaking at the seams.

I wonder why Ayden tried rescuing the gryphon when Hiss and Kaa started taking him away? Out of respect for another avian creature? Did the falcon feel that even the gryphon – for all his ferocity – didn’t deserve whatever the snakes might have in mind?

This is probably the best installment yet in your True To Your Heart series, and Rainbow Dash isn’t even my favorite of the bunch (she can be very rude). Nice job. Still, the story does share some of the same problems as the last two, mostly just nitpicks and technical issues like spelling and grammar. I will more than likely no longer point out the latter from this point forward. You mentioned in a previous author’s note something about getting a job, meaning you’re a grownup like me. I’ve already pinpointed the most recurring errors, so I’ll let you figure out the rest yourself. After all, I’m writing a review and not an episode of, say, Bubble Guppies, and I wouldn’t want to insult your intelligence. (Okay, just one more: That female gryphon’s name is spelled ‘Gilda; G-I-L-D-A’.)

“No…No, he’sss not.” Okay, why do people keeping saying things like “Yes. Yes, I am” and “No. No, they don’t”? What…is…UP with that? It reminds me of this “valley speak” I’ve heard before: “That is, like, so totally whateverrrrrrrrrrr!” Ugh. People sound like posers when they speak in either manner. Really, folks, you don’t need to try so hard to make some kind of impression. You could just, oh, I don’t know, be yourselves?

Aw, no tag-teaming for our star couple? Twilight and Marvin got to tag-team against Discord last time. This sort of thing would’ve been perfect for Rainbow Dash and Lionwing. *shrug* Okay, enough nitpicks.
SomePony chapter 10 . 9/15/2013
It would be better if Celestia had told the other ponies about her and Discord's love, that way they can spend more time together.
Guest chapter 10 . 11/11/2012
Aaawww, Lionwing has a new start of his life.
Guest chapter 9 . 11/11/2012
I'm happy that Lionwing save the girls.
Guest chapter 8 . 11/11/2012
Oh-no, the girls are kidnapped.
Guest chapter 7 . 11/11/2012
I like that song.
Guest chapter 6 . 11/11/2012
This is getting good.
Guest chapter 5 . 11/11/2012
Poor Cutie Mark Crusaders.
Guest chapter 4 . 11/11/2012
I like the part when Pinkie shook Lionwing's claw hard.
Guest chapter 3 . 11/11/2012
Cool, they found Rainbow.
Guest chapter 2 . 11/11/2012
I'm happy that The Gryphon/Lionwing has a name.
Guest chapter 1 . 11/11/2012
Aaaww, poor little gryphon.
ChanueWolf chapter 10 . 10/16/2012