Reviews for Fallen Hero
magis1 chapter 1 . 8/16/2014
Thank You for this wonderful tribute to a great man - charles Durning - and one of the best episodes of NCIS ever made. Yes, I do agree with you fully, it's been very good indeed. The maturity of the characters is missing from most of the other episodes. What a pity! Well, let's see what they do with Season 12. ...
Thanks again for sharing this gem,
enchanted nightingale chapter 1 . 12/18/2013
Loved it, very touching _
chinightowls chapter 1 . 11/10/2013
This story is a perfect gem.
Beloved Daughter chapter 1 . 10/6/2013
Really awesome short story. Loved it. A fitting tribute to Ernie and that wonderful episode. Thanks for writing and posting
Loverofallthingsmusic chapter 1 . 9/29/2013
Awww! I love this! Even though Corporal Yost was only in one episode, we were able to see so much of his story, and this fic just rounds it out perfectly! Beautiful job! :)
flootzavut chapter 1 . 7/3/2013
One of my absolute favourite episodes, too. It always makes me well up when Kate and Ernie dance. Charles Durning... oh, he rips my heart out every time. The reactions of the whole team are sad and beautiful. It's one of those episodes I can't watch too often. (I love Yost and Gibbs together too - there's a little moment right near the end where Yost finds out Gibbs is enlisted, not an officer, and fake punches him. The exchange, the fake punch, and Gibbs' reaction are all just so funny and sweet and in character.)

Anyway, 'nuff said about that, except that I completely agree with you. But this choked me up again. Sad but lovely, moving, touching, and a whole bunch of other words. I could see this happening, could see Tony being more important to Tony than he realised. I have this new little possible headcanon, thanks to this fic, that's just occurred to me: that Tony might keep it in the drawer with Gibbs' medals and that Gibbs would likely feel more honoured by being kept in a drawer with Yost than by being given the medals in the first place. I don't know, I can't decide whether that feels right or not, but it occurred to me as I read...

Long story short: love this. Headcanon (for the story, not necessarily my own imagining!) accepted ;) :)
angelscatie chapter 1 . 2/20/2013
Great story.
KaiaBlackrock chapter 1 . 12/31/2012
I loved this story when I first found it, and after Charles Durning's passing I had to go back and read it yet again. This story is brilliant, and I really should have told you that long before now.
Seleya889 chapter 1 . 12/29/2012
Absolutely lovely! CoS is my favorite episode - flawless, classic, team-centric NCIS - and the way Tony cared for Ernie and Ernie shared with him was very special. Thank you!
gholtlforever chapter 1 . 12/27/2012
I love self-pimps! Have found some of my favorite stories through that process, and this is a wonderful example.

You did justice to that episode, and to tell the truth, your author's note was as endearing as the story itself.

Am in total agreement with you regardin the quality of that episode. It is definitely one of the very best the show has ever offered, and that version of Tony was a joy to watch.

Thank you for sharing this with us. I'm adding it to my collection.

Tesni Gwynfor chapter 1 . 9/21/2012
I cry for this and episode. So good.
TheNaggingCube chapter 1 . 7/2/2012
Spring was rough for me so I am catching up on FF. So very very glad to have found this lovely touching tribute story.

I concur this is the finest episode of NCIS. 2nd best is Heartland - the casting pure genius.

*sniff* I loved Ernie.
NickTonyK chapter 1 . 5/21/2012
Smooth Doggie chapter 1 . 3/14/2012
Aw, this is beautiful. I too loved that episode and often think of the days when writing was a little better on the show. I know they went slightly awry killing off all the ladies of the show, Kate, Jenny and Agent Lee and disposing of the others, Hollis Mann, Jeanne Benoit and anyone else that gets remotely close to Tony. I wonder why? Are they really still thinking we're up for a Tony/Ziva get together, I used to be but I'm not so sure anymore. Anyway, I'm rambling. This story was beautiful and reminded me of a better class of script for Michael Weatherly - let's hope Tony gets some better storylines very very soon.
Gail Cregg chapter 1 . 3/9/2012
That is one of my favourite eps ever and I think this is one of my favourite ep tags ever. This was sweet and sad and perfect serious Tony who has been out of action in the series it.