Reviews for In The Violent Daylight
Lovely!
seareader chapter 1 . 3/24/2014
Ahhhhhh I love this one!
Nikolko chapter 1 . 10/6/2012
Guh! I loved this! Charles, Elsie, and Flo...perfect :-)
ellie987 chapter 1 . 3/1/2012
Oh the suffering angst of this one! Just perfect. I really love the change in Elsie ater the firts scene as much as Charles'. I think it's quite fitting for him to be so stern with her, so much taken by his job and duties while she's always had a different approach in life. But mostly I love the tension and the lack of real contact between them as notices. It's quite significant and I think it says a lot about Elsie's self-confidence and Charles' sense of guilt (or something that resembles it a lot).

The ending is great. Quite sad somehow, even though he consoles her and they seem to start forging their friendship. Still it's sad thinking how Elsie didn't feel she fit in. Poor darling. And I just love your detailed description. It contributes to create such a still atmosphere.
Lovisa Cansino chapter 1 . 3/1/2012
Oh, Lena. This one brought tears to my eyes. Maybe I'm also in an overly emotional state, but somehow I can't bring myself to turn it into beautiful words like you just did. Thank you for posting this, my dear, it's wonderful.
zxzxzxz chapter 1 . 3/1/2012
I really, really do love this. Beautifully written, really spot on dialogue, and lovely imagery without going overboard. Ugh, it's just great. Especially, of course, the contrast and just everything that goes on in the last section. The aggressive beginning and then Elsie's insecurity - which ties, very neatly - to her musings about another life. This entire fic is just perfection and I have nothing useful to add.
griseldalafey chapter 1 . 3/1/2012
Im so glad youve continued this! Your descriptions and their interaction is just perfect and so very in character!
18tilIdie chapter 1 . 3/1/2012
Oh boy... you guys are good and worryingly so!

I don't like to piece apart a story that good with an appreciation of its parts when it is so much more than the sum of its parts! What can i write then...?

I have seen the golden dust particles hanging in the air, I have felt the bottomless blue of her despair which he now knows he can whisk away... Thank you.
TeaPowder chapter 1 . 3/1/2012
How lovely! Though it clearly isn't an happy moment for Elsie, I find very fitting in her personality the way she hits the carpet - like it was a way to work off her pain and doubts about her life at Downton. I like - I have to admit! - also Charles' thought: is she hitting *him*?

Good good gooooooood story! *w*
elementarylemon chapter 1 . 3/1/2012
Yet another fabulous story. I can really see the events playing out, and the pacing is just perfect!
the maids diaries chapter 1 . 3/1/2012
You just made my afternoon! The fic's so kind and sweet, exactly the way I tought it would be, but so much better! *-*

The end... M/M is NOTHING like our Chelsie ship! And will never be.

Thankyou for write such adorable fics and now go back to MIB.
onmyside chapter 1 . 3/1/2012
MAH STOP IT! I can't write another word, I just can't after reading this. I repeat myself when I say - again - that I just love your vivid descriptive style of writing. There are so many wonderful small similes and metaphors in it that create such wonderful pictures.

like this: "Time flies, punctuated by the noises of the beater connecting heavily with the carpet; they hang in midair, protected from the outer world by sunlight and dust, her a Valkyrie, him a statue just outside her field of vision."

I mean, how can you write something like that? :) My mind is not even able to write something like that in German, let alone in English :).
Hogwarts Duo chapter 1 . 3/1/2012
This was such a lovely story. I love the image of their first meeting and then the one where she's beating the carpet and he's watching her. That entire scene, the way you described the dust particles and the sunlight were perfect. Great job!
Onesimus42 chapter 1 . 3/1/2012
I am enjoying More Improper Behaviour, so I'm hesitant to say, but if all of your distractions turn out like this, feel free.

I thought this was very lovely and show a nice beginning to their relationship.