Reviews for When Will My Life Begin?
l.c chapter 1 . 5/20
you must make a YGO rewrite of big daddy there is the plot; Immature 22-year-old bachelor slacker Joey Wheeler lives in domino city and refuses to take on adult responsibility. Despite having a law degree, he refuses to take the bar exam, works one day a week as a toll booth attendant and lives off a sizeable legal settlement from a minor accident. His girlfriend, Vanessa, threatens to break up with him unless he grows up. His roommate, Tristan Taylor, proposes to his podiatrist girlfriend joey's sister before he leaves for American for his law firm and she accepts. The next day, joey wakes up to find two spiky tri-colored haired and purple eyed 5-year-old twin boy's named atem and yugi, Helen muto: tea muto's mother abandoned at their apartment. A written explanation says that tea's mother is no longer able to care for them and that Tristan is their biological father. joey assures Tristan that he will look after atem and yugi until Tristan returns from American. In order to win Vanessa back, Joey introduces her to atem and yugi. However, he discovers that she is now dating Sid, a much older man who is more motivated and intelligent and has a "5-year plan."

Posing as Tristan, joey takes atem and yugi to their social worker Arthur Brooks, telling him that atem and yugi should return to their mother. However, Brooks informs joey that atem and yugi's mother died of cancer. joey then decides to raise atem and yugi his own way. As such, the boy's nicknames themselves Frankenstein and killer and also helps joey find a new girlfriend in serenity's lawyer mai. Brooks finds a foster home for atem and yugi and leaves messages for joey, but is suspicious when joey does not answer. At a meeting at atem and yugi's school, the teacher is shocked by the terrible habits joey has allowed atem and yugi to develop, causing joey to rethink his parenting methods. He turns himself and atem and yugi around, but then Brooks arrives to find out joey impersonated Tristan and atem and yugi are taken away.

In court, numerous people including serenity testify on joey's behalf and tell the judge he is a suitable father. atem and yugi also testifies, providing relevant information regarding their heritage. As a final straw, joey calls himself to the stand and asks his lawyer father Lenny, who is present, to interrogate him. Despite Lenny's fervent belief that joey is not father material, joey convinces Lenny that he will attempt his best at being a father. Impressed by joey's sincerity, Lenny vouches for him. Nonetheless, the unconvinced judge orders joey's arrest. However, Tristan confesses to being atem and yugi's biological father and insists they drop the charges. joey remains friends with atem and yugi and hands them off to Tristan, watching them bond.

two years later, joey has turned his life around: he's now a successful and rich lawyer, is married to mai and they have kids of their own. At joey's surprise birthday party at a restaurant attended by Tristan, joey's sister, atem and yugi and others, joey sees Vanessa working as a waitress, with Sid working as a cook, revealing his "five-year-plan" has gone awry. ps. atem and yugi aren't like other kids their age.
Brigid the Fae chapter 16 . 2/7
Brilliantly well done! :D
To be honest, I read the summary and was a smidge skeptical, thinking it was a straight-from-script rewrite of Tangled, but once I got into the story I knew that wouldn't be the case. I loved how you expanded on the scenes with more background and the addition of Bakura's own storyline with the OC. Made me wish that Disney had done more with Tangled, and I think that's the first of their movies I've enjoyed since The Princess and the Frog! This is one that is most definitely going into my favorites list!
MissBrains101 chapter 7 . 11/26/2016
HA HA HA HA!
Dina chapter 7 . 4/18/2016
HA HA HA!
Dina chapter 1 . 8/17/2015
Awesome! This should be interesting!
LadyRaider92 chapter 16 . 9/29/2014
This was the best adaptation story so far that I have read (and have re-read). The ending was very satisfying ;)
LadyRaider92 chapter 15 . 9/29/2014
This is my second time reading this story and I just realized that Yugi made an appearance (even if his name was not mentioned)... man I don't know how I missed that the first time around?

LOL Kiba finally felt the wrath of the frying pan XD

Yami was probably thinking that all the times Bakura having to be a narcissist is right when I'm about to die (who knew that Bakura's narcissism would be handy)
LadyRaider92 chapter 11 . 9/29/2014
LOL Poor Kuriboh got a rude wake up call. I lol when Yami had to crabwalk away from Bakura and Rose... its was really funny to imagine XD
Itisher chapter 13 . 8/22/2014
This is one of those good rare stories I like. I LOVE, L, O, V, E this story. Read it three times.
Getsunohimesama chapter 6 . 3/31/2014
I'm afraid I also wonder what Zorc is supposed to mean here... Bakura has nothing to do with the Thief King of Ancien Egypt right?

The scene where Flynn tried to convince Rapunzel to go back to her tower by playing with her emotions always makes me laugh and I actually squeeled when I saw it here!

YES! BURN CHONO, BURN! :D
Getsunohimesama chapter 5 . 3/31/2014
Oh come on! Where was the smaulder?! :(

On a serious note it was flippin amazing! Tea sure knows how to strike a deal and Yami... well, let's just say that I got my extra fry-panning I so longed for! And now Tea is free!
Getsunohimesama chapter 4 . 3/31/2014
AT LAST! THEY MEET!

I kind of wiahed for Tea to find a reason to hit Yami with the frying pan again... It's just so much fun! The almighty Pharaoh at the mercy of kitchen utensils!
Getsunohimesama chapter 3 . 3/31/2014
Bakura doesn't trust his own shadow! XD

Excellent chapter, much fun with Bakura's constant commentary! :)
Getsunohimesama chapter 2 . 3/31/2014
Gothel, Chono... No matter the name I want this woman dumped in a rotten pumpkin somewhere in space. This scene always makes mad!

I just LOVE Bakura! So hillarious!