Reviews for Whatever Hope Is Yours
Juicyjools chapter 1 . 12/28/2013
I wished this was cannon.
It is so beautiful that I had to read it 4 times cos I love the words you describe Mary's longing for Matthew...
You are a very good writer indeed.
Guest chapter 3 . 8/25/2013
Wow! Such strong words, so full of emotions nd so vivid.
The playfulness with the candy apple is one of the sexiest writing here.
Please continue.
Rachel Smith Cobleigh chapter 3 . 7/29/2013
Lovely, although a bit more physical at the end than canon would seem to allow. (I mean, seriously, they never did more than press closed lips together onscreen until after they were married. Different era, different expectations, I suppose. But your writing is still achingly lovely. :) I love the idea of him "needling" her in a way that only she would be aware of, and the examples you gave were great.
REQUESTING-deletion-of-ACCOUNT chapter 3 . 11/25/2012
That was so very beautiful, all of it. Thank you.

I love reading fics with an injured Matthew, and Mary helping him to come to terms with things. There really aren't enough, so again, thank you.
Audrey C chapter 3 . 8/27/2012
What a really beautiful story. So glad I found it. Very poetic. With a hint of M & M to come. In think this Matthew would have eventually sent Lavinia away.
everyhazyday chapter 3 . 8/8/2012
Oh lovely, I really enjoyed it! I like the first chapter, it seems so dream like (although not necessarily a good dream), and how the 2nd chapter is more harsh reality, and then the 3rd brings it together. Seriously lovely writing.
JLJMc chapter 3 . 6/27/2012
This is so emotional, and so beautifully written!
hillevi chapter 3 . 3/27/2012
Well that was so beautiful written! I could almost smell the fire and taste that apple.

Lovely!
hillevi chapter 2 . 3/27/2012
Lovely!

And Mary.. I'm falling in love with her, so honest and generous, and sexy!
hillevi chapter 1 . 3/27/2012
So very beautiful! Sad and still sensual, absolutely love this chapter. Thank you
eridani chapter 3 . 3/21/2012
Somehow, I missed this update when it was posted just over a week ago but I'm so pleased to have found it now! I could happily immerse myself in many more chapters of this world you've created for Matthew and Mary. It's so frank and heart-full and pins those characters down just perfectly. And to cap the brilliance of it all off, you write with such a deft feel for imagery. The sparks on the bonfire, the huddle of returned servicemen in various states of bodily disrepair, the band in their shabby dinner suits- so many exquisite little details that make is so much imore/i.
lostsalmon chapter 1 . 3/14/2012
There is a visceral intelligence and sensitivity in your writing. It glows with an understanding of the period and an empathy for these characters we all dearly love. Please keep writing, and keep invoking the gods of Owen and Graves... And I totally Lost It when you had them sing Abide with Me. Gah.
Innkin chapter 3 . 3/14/2012
This is so beautifully written! The glances, the touches, the emotion - they can all be felt. Any thoughts to a sequel? I'd love to see Mary be with Matthew when he discovers use of his legs.
Serena89 chapter 3 . 3/14/2012
Oh God. BEAUTIFUL. I wish there was more, you're a wonderful writer. And your angst!matthew was heartbreaking and true to himself. I love the way they made their peace, and how you let the chapter end. On a peaceful note.
R. Grace chapter 3 . 3/13/2012
Wow! That was so beautiful! You capture Matthew's thoughts and feelings wonderfully.

Glad things are starting to heat up between M&M. I'm looking forward to seeing where this is going. Please update soon!