Reviews for A Season of Death and Life
Tonnerre chapter 1 . 8/31/2013
Rextergirl chapter 1 . 3/3/2012
Reminds me of the book "The Host"

laloga chapter 1 . 3/2/2012
I almost missed this! Darn site not working...grumble grumble.

Anyway, I'm so glad that I didn't.

In my mind, Chopper is living his own HEA on a luxurious jungle planet, probably with Riyo, so I'm considering this AU and am not going to get all mushy about his "death."

Well, rebirth, I guess. :P

Beautiful writing, as usual. "It was a nice little planet, though the munitions of both sides had moiled the ground into choppy mud; killing all the plant life. Unlike him, it would come back in the spring." Love this, and the fact that he *does* come back, in a way. Chopper's last moments were so poignant and peaceful, with him just looking at the sky and thinking of the things in his past, of his brothers and Ahsoka.

Interesting idea with the "soul-eaters;" especially loved the language that you connected with them and souls: "poor, thin gruel" of a clone's soul. Loved that Kiwa sees Chopper's goodness even through his "shell," and chooses to help him become reborn...are they now kind of the same entity?

Anyway, I loved the theme of rebirth, especially woven in with the changing seasons, mixed with the aftermath of a battle. Wonderful work! :D
Ronin Elf chapter 1 . 3/1/2012
This was touching. It had such a nice bittersweet flavor. I've always been curious what happened to Chopper after Order 66 - and while I will admit that I always hoped for a happier ending it would probably get boring if everything ended with the simple happy end. This has more complexity and isn't at all bad.