Reviews for Devil Warrior Volume I
nice
twisterblake2015 chapter 1 . 4/22
great
mrp00pybutthole chapter 4 . 9/10/2017
Gotta be honest; I'm finding it incredibly grating the number of random Japanese words that just appear throughout: kun, san, nani, hai, buchou, sama, it's all really contrived.
mrp00pybutthole chapter 2 . 9/10/2017
It's... Longinus. Not. Longinuses.
Keiser chapter 7 . 3/25/2017
so you didn't leave issei dead in the forest I honestly thought you did
Gold2King chapter 2 . 1/5/2017
Hm, the prose is still well constructed enough to maintain some suspension of disbelief, though the story elements inserted were, well, not really appropriate, much less accurate.
The Longinus have been confirmed to have been seen and observed several time throughout history, even relatively recently in the novels as heavily implied in the first volume and basically confirmed a few volumes later with the info they had on the Longinus, and them not being observed for 20.000 years is a bit of a stretch, since the most powerful one was created not even 3 thousand years past. The Great War, during which God created the red and white Dragon Longinus, was mere centuries past.
The golden gauntlet, which I will assume is the Gigantis Dragon, was not a part of the original Longinus nor was it even a Sacred Gear, since Azazel bribes the living, breathing dragon with panties to borrow his power. It has also not shown any special properties besides basic stat power boost and giving the wielded a spear weapon. It does not absorb energy. No particular defense is given besides the balance breaker armor, and the base form should simply be a spear, as the name implies. Though it is artificial, so it is difficult to say what the natural state should be WERE it to be sealed, but that in itself is odd because God only took the effort to seal Ddraig and Albion due to their rampage across battlefields. Fad Is reclusive and just collects... 'Treasure'...
The Plot hole of how exactly the Devils or fallen angels has still not been filled. I suspect it might be later, but not in a full or totally logical fashion.
Gold2King chapter 1 . 1/5/2017
It's pretty clear that this is superior to the White Devil emperor whatever it inspired. The prose is better, characters less cringey, has a more solid background, ect. When you see proof that something as dumb as 'it's the same thing but he gets op artifact which makes it 100% legit unique' gets the story twice as much attention as the superior original, it really makes me wonder about the community.