Reviews for Worth Fighting For
Loves Jack chapter 26 . 2/12
Absolutely enjoyed this story! Loved the way you carefully described (in extreme detail, I might add) Gibbs' body! I could just see him in those tiny blue speedos! The story was suspenseful, touching, funny, fluffy and most of all HOT! Thanks for the great read!
jjd022980 chapter 26 . 1/2/2013
I hope you do a sequel to this so many possibilities just simply love the relationship and bond
hslacer chapter 4 . 12/2/2012
As I have said before love your writing. Just found this and am loving it.
Amethyst Skulkyrie Cain chapter 26 . 7/25/2012
This was... amazing... it flowed consistently, and they were IC, and it was all lovely, and the Ms were hotter than a sauna... wow...
tanya2byour21 chapter 26 . 5/20/2012
Oh I so want a sequel to this. With them getting pregnant and trying to deal with it and the team and then might what would happen once the baby gets here maybe Gibbs could have a freak out moment or something where he things he might lose both Abby and the baby like the did Kelly and Shannon. I loved the new chapter and I love how you ended it. And I really hope you write do write a sequel to this. I know I will so read it.

Tanya
WithTheGrain chapter 26 . 5/18/2012
A beautiful finish to this fantastic story. Your descriptions always make me feel like I’m right there! This story took us through so many emotions with such deep feelings and all 26 chapters are an amazing piece of writing! This final chapter really shows how strong their love is and the promise for a very happy future for them.

Love this reflection… But that was all he was ever really doing, getting by, he was never happy and never content. Even during his three other marriages he wasn't living, he was merely surviving. (this says so perfectly what he has endured.)

I can picture this exactly… Gibbs had stood at the door to their bedroom trying to decide whether he should attempt to sleep there or just bunk on the couch for the night. In the end he'd settled on the couch… (conveys such a feeling of emptiness.)

You pinpoint so well what it must have been like for them before… In the past it hadn't worried either of them working long hours, and avoiding being forced to think about what they didn't have in the solitude of their own homes… (so real)

I love this… He only had one real weakness in life, and it was Abby. It had always been Abby… (shows that he’s not just tough and grumpy.)

Gibbs without coffee… "Not giving up coffee, Abby, I'll end up killing someone."… (funny and scary!)

Perfect description… She'd always had a thing for his hands, the contrast of power and firmness mixed with tenderness and sensual heat… (Oh yeah!)

I love their conversation about starting a family combined with the intimacy between them. When they started talking about using Kelly’s room, you did such a wonderful job of getting to the heart of their emotions and feelings. This whole part where you showed how Abby has embraced his memories of his two girls is lovely.

This… From the day that Abby had asked if they could leave the bedroom door open, their home had changed… (I totally adore the idea of this happening!)

Love this... I want our child to know they had a big sister, to learn all about her just like I am… (a very touching and heartwarming vision.)

Thank you for writing this and sharing it! This is one I will remember for a very long time! :)
Talldi chapter 26 . 5/18/2012
What a wonder ful ending! I've really enjoyed this story! Well off to work... ta ta!
fart fart chapter 26 . 5/18/2012
Great ending to your story.
luminosity45 chapter 26 . 5/18/2012
A PS, PPS, and a PPS! Thanks you!
CairnSF chapter 26 . 5/18/2012
Thank you for a great ride! Lovely ending ... and cheers to a new beginning :).
spacekitten2700 chapter 26 . 5/17/2012
great job
Sophies-Welt chapter 26 . 5/17/2012
Yay, sequel here I come! :-) Awesome ending!
gosgirl chapter 26 . 5/17/2012
Tissues please and lots of them! I absolutely adored this chapter - a wonderful way to end this story. You moved me to tears several times - with both the joy they feel wanting a child of their own, and his amazed gratitude and love that Abby is embracing his past, and especially Kelly, and integrating that into their current life.

Loved the ease of the connection you write between them, the way they are so in tune. Really enjoyed all the reflections on how their lives had changed, down to the simple things in life, not working such long hours, eating, sleeping... both reflecting how empty both their lives had been as they'd immersed themselves in work.

Loved the nervousness and hesitation from Abby too, having a family is something so new for her, knowing how important it was to him.

Love the humour. "That gonna be your excuse for us to have sex at the drop of a hat now?" *snort*... loved the teasing about cutting out the caf!pow and coffee. "Not giving up coffee, Abby, I'll end up killing someone." *no kidding* I can see the team sneaking him cups out of Abby's view if only to avoid his foul mood! And loved the thought of Margie and Ray and the entire team as godparents... such a cool combination for a kid! I can so see Uncle Tony... and Auntie Ziva!

So many lines and phrases resonated, particularly Gibbs' internal reflections on wanting a family, but these were particularly poignant.

Her acknowledgement that she wanted to have a family with him had been something he'd never thought he'd get the chance at again. *sniffle* Almost as if he were afraid to hope for that chance again...

After Shannon had died he'd always believed he'd never needed anyone; that he could get by on his own. But that was all he was ever really doing, getting by, he was never happy and never content. Even during his three other marriages he wasn't living, he was merely surviving... *so moving... and so him, and goes to the heart of why this 'lone wolf' needed to marry so many times, and how lonely he'd been.'

Abby had always been beautiful to him, but the thought of seeing her glowing with the life that they created growing inside her filled him with a sense of contentment and excitement he'd only experienced once before in his life *teary*

Gibbs had stood at the door to their bedroom trying to decide whether he should attempt to sleep there or just bunk on the couch for the night *I could so see this... how empty that room would still feel*...

And that entire conversation about Kelly's crib, and her things and her room had me in tears throughout - so moving and poignant, and with every word, Abby showed how much she 'gets' Gibbs in a way his ex-wives didn't, how much she embraces his past life instead of wanting him to move on. You convey that so well - just that simple image of the door to Kelly's room now being left open said so much. You have a real knack for these mental images or lines which go to the heart of their characters.

And this just finished me off - he'd done everything he could to share his little girl with the woman who had become his reason for living...

and this! From the day that Abby had asked if they could leave the bedroom door open, their home had changed. It was no longer just the walls of a house filled with lost dreams and boxed up memories. There was life everywhere, not just from the present, but also the past.

and I was just recovering again when you gave us this thought, and off I went again - "I love the idea of putting Kelly's crib in there...I want our child to know they had a big sister, to learn all about her just like I am." and wanting to put up photos and things she'd drawn as a tangible reminder.

Loved his reassurance to her nerves - "You'll be a great mom...got so much love in you. There's no one else I want to do this with...to spend the rest of my life with." *sobs*...

and I could barely see the screen when we got to the final line - He also knew his fight to find happiness...to do anything other than just survive, was over.

You've brought them both on a hell of a journey and I've loved every chapter of this tory - full of thoughtful insights, spot on dialogue and characterisation, humour, realistic angst and very hot smut (I will not forget speedos... wet!Gibbs... bathroom mirror... and the hammock in a hurry!), believable and well rounded OCs in Margie and Ray that you brought to life, and a developing bond and connection between Gibbs and Abby that you have managed to convey has the strength to last them years.

What I particularly loved about this story is that the catalyst for the change in their relationship was all character driven - not by them reacting to outside events, or a case, or one of them in danger, but purely what happens inside their heads. It's a tricky one to pull off convincingly but you managed it with aplomb. Thank you for sharing it.

And you know I will jump right on that sequel bandwagon when it passes my door, coz I love the idea!
Gibbs4Eva chapter 26 . 5/17/2012
Loved it! I'll watch for any sequel you may write!
bbfan chapter 26 . 5/17/2012
Words can't express how much I enjoyed this journey with you! What an amazingly beautiful story. So pleased that you allowed Abby to accept Shannon and Kelly into her life. Just wonderful!

Thank you so much for sharing this with all of us. Now... let those bunnies hop! :)