Reviews for At least the Slayer was safe
thsunami chapter 1 . 3/6/2012
Very interesting, the story can be taken in many directions from that point. One where xander and willow become more like family or lovers as i would imagene them only getting closer. Xander and buffy could also get closer without angel there and the devine aura from a demigod may attract her to him ( she was always attracted at least in part ). Which could give a sense of romatic drama in either a comiedic and emtional way.

Ending in either heartbreak or a threesome marriage?

Then the whole demi god can be taken in so many ways even includeing the percy jackson verse and what else.

I would love to see where you could take it and even if it could go places that i did not see.

Great one shot,

hopefully more.
Greg Reader of Greatness chapter 1 . 3/6/2012
Well...I liked it very much, when I saw the warning I was a little wary thinking my favorite character got the axe, but it was well just the character I dislike the most so alls good, and yes please continue it. pleeeeeeeeeeeease.
arapto chapter 1 . 3/6/2012
Nice story though I don't know why you say it's drama; isn't Angel's death a cause for celebration?

Perseus killed Medusa, the mortal of the three Gorgon sisters. That kinda implies that Willow is now immortal.

And Perseus was a legendary warrior with incredible accomplishments. I wonder what Buffy will say upon having to compete/deal with the suddenly hypercompetent Xander.
Duquette7 chapter 1 . 3/5/2012
This is quite fun, and worthy of continued life.
Prustan chapter 1 . 3/5/2012
Interesting. For a second there, as soon as I figured out the costumes, I was afraid you were going to have Willow or Xander kill the other, but getting rid of Angel is a much better idea. Plus, it'd be interesting to see how other characters deal with changes from their own costumes, and how the 'Sunnydale Syndrome' will explain things.

Look forward to more.
one-village-idiot chapter 1 . 3/5/2012
Perfect Lionheart recommended this to his readers, and I can see why. I like the premise. Hope to see some updates.

I especially look forward to the possible visits from some of the greek gods. Zeus magically gets a son, and I'm sure someone will give a boon to willow.
Genericrandom chapter 1 . 3/5/2012
I recommend random crushing tragedy preceded by rousing adventure and followed by vengeance and self-destruction.

Unless, of course, you're not a Greek Playwright. If you /aren't/ then I recommend a lot of random crack followed by minor tragedy, successful vengeance (which can also be pretty cracky) followed by minor moping, and more crack.

This story is either going to be hilarious or depressing, I really don't see any middle ground between those two states.

Should be a good read either way though.
SeanHicks4 chapter 1 . 3/5/2012
Interesting start, hope ya continue it
Bobboky chapter 1 . 3/5/2012
awesome work
gibbousmoons chapter 1 . 3/5/2012
I DO like it! Please continue!

Please don't let this die due to lack of ideas. I'd be willing to ask all my FantasyExpert!Friends about ideas if you need some, too.

gibbousmoons
karthik9 chapter 1 . 3/5/2012
it is excellent chapter i look forward to future updates
Conu chapter 1 . 3/5/2012
As cliché as it is, I have to admit a good Halloween fic is a guilty pleasure of mine :) And this one seems to be quite interesting. I like the idea of someone being cursed, there are far too many Halloween fics that are just a bad excuse for super powers. But this is cool, Perseus and the gorgan :) Oh and I loved that line:

'Xander agreed to inform Giles about Angel and the two men shared a moment of pretending that they weren't completely ecstatic at this development.'

It can be tricky portraying a moment of comfortable silence in a fic but this made me smile.
Danvighar chapter 1 . 3/5/2012
Hmm... one way you could go:

Bring in the Medusa from Percy Jackson and the Medusa from Fate/Stay Night - others too, if you can find them. Give Willow powers/skills of various fictional Medusas (as opposed to "all fictional Gorgons"). If you can find multiple variants of Perseus, try those on for Xander as well. Maybe bring Kevin Sorbo in on things.

All that aside, it's an interesting beginning!
baduqwa chapter 1 . 3/5/2012
Good start. Lots of different ways to take the story from here as well. I'm not much of one for the series, but bringing in the Percy Jackson books, or at least some of the ideas in them, might be a rather interesting way to take the story.

I like it!
Tribernator chapter 1 . 3/5/2012
Its an... interesting concept. Aside from snake hair and flesh to stone, what can gorgons do? For a moment there I was thinking she got some sort of instinctive awesome knowledge of demons after she rattled off that rather odd listing of where vampire demons come from. As for xander, hmm, id imagine he has flight from his sandals, a gorgon ehad to turn people to stone, a reflective shield that can maybe reflect spells and such that he blocks with it? Im picturing zapping the judge with his own beam attack, ot when ms post steals the lightning glove. Things like that. Would they be stronger/faster/tougher than before as well?
159 | « Prev Page 1 .. 7 8 9 10 11 Next »