Reviews for At least the Slayer was safe
Quathis chapter 4 . 3/28/2012
Very interesting story. Plenty of humor, a little skimpy on detailed action, but overall I'm liking it. Good suspense with the last bit. Until next time.
Loatroll chapter 3 . 3/26/2012
Thanks for the great read. Really looking forward to more!
Confer chapter 3 . 3/22/2012
Nice.
Orchamus chapter 3 . 3/19/2012
Well well, Poseidon is revealed as the ass he was, and Ford shows himself to be an ass as well, as well as giving us an idea of what Xander might have retained.
Orchamus chapter 1 . 3/19/2012
Hhmm, seems interesting. Rather curious as to what all Xander has retained, since it's obvious what Willow has.
TJG chapter 3 . 3/18/2012
Comments, if the argument for Xander to not patrol is that he is wounded, then why should he go to a club at night where their could be an encounter with the night life? It would more sense for him to stay in (preferably with Willow). Actually, Xander and Willow make a good adventuring team (perhaps with a few others). Xander could be the "tank" with Willow as the "wizard" (the gaze being the distance attack and the snakes as close ranged status damage (using fantasy role-playing game terms). Using the game analogy, they might want to see if they can get something like a healer or acquire a means of healing and countering status damage effects.

Maybe Willow can get something like a visor used by the Marvel Comics superhero Cyclops which had a some controls (sometimes mentally controlled other times finger controlled depending on the writer ) that opened or closed filters over his eyes.

Maybe Xander could borrow some ideas from Batman, James Bond, Doc Savage, and other "peak human" superheroes in regards to skills and equipment though without a costume that attracts attention.

I wonder if the stone that Willow makes might have some valuable properties or as ingredients for magic items, perhaps even depending on the victim. Or maybe they could make good fertilizer.
novaxe1 chapter 3 . 3/18/2012
Ford. he's gonna be "like a rock" in a chapter or two
TharzZzDunN chapter 3 . 3/18/2012
Broodiest character or not, I like having Willow face some consequences to her actions earlier in the series than canon. It just seemed like nothing really stuck to her character when it came to moral development, except perhaps the corruption of her restraint.

Just how I saw it anyway.

Loving the story!

Cheers!
kh chapter 3 . 3/17/2012
nice chapter
Wonderbee31 chapter 3 . 3/17/2012
I do hope that things will work out better with Willow soon, and she doesn't deserve what she got as part of the curse that was placed on Medusa, but will wonder if Xander's going to end up knocking Ford on his butt sooner than later.
Bobboky chapter 3 . 3/17/2012
cool
anothvortex chapter 3 . 3/17/2012
Hmmmm, so let’s see if I get this straight.

The Mayor knows that there is a potential Gorgon-like creature in the area, and is devoting his hordes of supplicants to locate and counter the effect of its presence.

Ford, a vampire worshiper who has connections with Spike, is setting up Willow to be eaten by a pack that is partially or potentially fully aware of her abilities and nature.

Willow is dealing with the memories of a major god raping her while her patron looks on and does nothing, while seeing Xander as the embodiment of the one who killed her.

And Giles is dragging his feet because he worries that the so called normal teens who he knows are good kids will be dragged into a mess that is not their fight and more than they can handle.

Oh, and Buffy likes the company during her patrols because she gets an ego boost from protecting an innocent during her fights with vampires.

Well first of all, yes you are not treating Willow very well. Oh, don’t get me wrong, cannon Willow needed a wake up or two over the course of her career. Giles was not wrong about his predictions about a lack of proper grounding when she becomes the big bad about to destroy the world. But this version either needs to come to terms about her new nature or get some sort of control over her life before she suffers a mental breakdown. With a mere gaze able to turn people into stone that is not a place you want her to be.

I am curious about the nature of Xander’s upgrades. You seem to be suggesting that he is, if you’ll pardon the pun, pushing the limits of an Olympic athlete. Is he a pseudo-demigod, an enhanced human that doesn’t have a demonic core implanted into his soul, or simply something else entirely? With how magic seems to react to the guy, nothing would honestly surprise me that much.

Finally, I am wondering if there will be a wakeup moment for Buffy sometime soon. Is she going to discover both Xander and Willow’s true nature, and bolt because she blames her involvement with their lives in causing such a situation? Or is she just going to blame them for not being careful or honest enough? Either way, I hope that her character grows up a bit soon. She has so much unrealized potential that watching her like this can be painful at times.

Please don’t take these comments for flames or disparagements. In all honesty, I believe that you are continuing to do an excellent job. It’s the very fact that the characters are so interesting and developing nicely that I am pointing all of these elements out. Demonstrating that Ford really is a dick was an excellent touch that I wasn’t expecting but worked nicely. :)

Thank you again for an excellent chapter and I eagerly await the next one :)
Zealot of Reading chapter 3 . 3/17/2012
Nice chapter, hope to see more updates soon!
dogbertcarroll chapter 3 . 3/17/2012
I'm surprised he still has feelings for Buffy at all considering the growing up he's been forced to do.
TharzZzDunN chapter 2 . 3/15/2012
Looking forward to the next chapter.

Cheers!