Reviews for With Her Went His Heart
lady wisp chapter 1 . 2/13
Beautifully written; deserves more reviews
Lemonsnaps chapter 1 . 6/11/2012
This was so sad, yet so beautiful! T.T
shiks chapter 1 . 5/13/2012
awe :C is this supposed to be a never ending cycle? I feel so bad for noel.. I cried :C truly was a beautiful death though :C.
Iseki chapter 1 . 3/28/2012
This is wonderful.

My two favorite characters Hope and Noel, even in a continueing future of desperate loneliness, really shine here. Despite the poignant loss and sadness of both I enjoy their interaction.

The writing is beautiful as you must know by now, but I think what truly summed it up for me has to be Noel's answer to that repeating question: did you love her? It was perfect; it was something I think everyone could admit to understanding. He set everything out neatly on the table for dissection without relinquishing the one last thing that still holds him together after her death: truly saying the words as though admitting defeat.

Maybe the reason I love this so much is that I'm still not entirely convinced that their relationship was anything more than platonic and the fact that he calls her his home is lovely no matter the nature, and believable either way.

I will gratefully borrow this moment to add indefinitely to my headcanon.
Amanda chapter 1 . 3/10/2012
Oh my, this was gorgeously written. I got teary-eyed. . Bravo!
xSapphireLightsx chapter 1 . 3/7/2012
This is something I haven’t seen done before, at least in this way (or maybe I just haven’t been checking fic’s lately I dunno lol). But reading this was sad, because it felt like seeing an outcome after the events of the game (even right down to Serah’s funeral) that it makes me wonder if it might go in this direction.

I LOVED that thing about the reporters! I could so imagine that and how alien Noel would feel at these audio rod thingys and cameras in his face. Stupid reporters, sticking their nose in when they aren’t needed. I liked as well how Serah was known because of her travels from different times. It connected them all up.

But ah, I was so sad by how Noel would just sit on the grass and think of Serah and all the hopes and dreams he had to know her more. I could see Sazh and Hope keeping an eye out for him as they did since they WOULD be worried about him so it nice to see how subtle it was done without spelling it out where he questions ‘who are they there for?’. I dread to worry if in a future sequel any characters will spill hate on Noel for failing to protect Serah T.T whatever it is I can see Noel being very much like this, lost of his spark but still willing to go on.

I loved the scene between Noel and Hope. It’s like an exchange between these two men with a cloud of death hanging over them as the world is in chaos, literally. I like the thing with the coin and the simple gestures displaying their emotions without saying much. That’s actually one of my favourite ways of a story being told, when you tell what a character thinks or feels by something they do like hand clenching or studying someone’s face. Friggin love it. Even Hope’s question and Noel’s reply felt very in character.

I always thought Serah and Noel’s friendship balanced on closeness to being more than just friends. Secretly I think Square Enix wanted to see how the fans took to the idea of them as a couple without implying it too heavily. So maybe in FFXIII-3 they might adapt on it if the response is good (I think they outrank Snow/Serah now lol), or make it fall back onto Serah going back with Snow and Noel to Yeul if it didn’t. At least that’s my theory.

But I wonder, what Serah come back like Yeul? Will she even remember who she is? One thing is certain if she is like Yeul I hope those two winds up in Noel’s future.

“I’ll find you again.” Yes do Noel! Find your lovebird! T.T without her you’re homeless puppy.

I have one question though…where on Pulse is Mog? XD
nicochii chapter 1 . 3/6/2012
My god, I can't say it enough; keep writing. This pulled a couple tears from my eyes. Absolutely beautiful.
Enilex chapter 1 . 3/5/2012
So, one question though. Did Noel travel back through time once again? And in the end, Serah still had the same fate? If that is so, how tragic. Wonderfully tragic I must say. A fine piece of art! Keep writing! The world needs more of your kind.
aimakichan chapter 1 . 3/3/2012
Wow, another wonderful, wonderful piece! The angst here is so raw - I love it. It kind of brings you to the edge of tears without them really spilling over. I also kind of like how you didn't have Noel answer Hope's questions directly near the end there. In some ways I think it speaks volumes without him ever saying the words, "Yes, I loved her." *hearts*

Oh yah. Er... part 2 please? :DDDDD
wynteralchemyst chapter 1 . 3/2/2012
Oh my. This was so sweet and so sad. All of your stories have this dreamy, nostalgic quality to them, but this one might take the cake. I loved the little details, like how Serah loved the soft, salty pretzels (that sounds like that would have been a cute moment), and how she hated the wild red chocobos. My heart hurt for Noel when the reporter asked him what his feelings were with an engaged girl.

Noel and Serah really are perfect together. Another lovely story, my friend.

By the way, I love the title. It's so romantic.
Newgirl101 chapter 1 . 3/2/2012
Beautifully tragic. :') I tried writing something similar to this, but yours came out much better. :)