Reviews for Amongst the Leaves
AnimeManga Lover 65 chapter 2 . 2/23
when will any more chapters come out? Or is it abandoned? It is too good to just remain with only two chapters.
Guest chapter 2 . 12/5/2013
Really hope this fix is still alive. It's one of the best written I have ever seen! I'm surprised she didn't use her ki (assuming it isn't still blocked) to disrupt the genjutsu since it seems it can have inhibiting affects on chakra. That raises an interesting point on its own, you used the chi network as the jump off point for the chakara network but I wonder if someone with a normal anatomy ended up in the naruto-verse. They would be weak in many ways but they would also be entirely immune to gem jutsu and even some ninjutsu.

Going back on track, I suppose the prologue tripped over itself a bit trying to explain the chakara/ki interaction stuff but otherwise I have no complaints. You even managed to make a time skip not be horrible! (In general I loathe time skips but this one is incredibly reasonable and I found it to work well!
Elliot Sterling chapter 2 . 11/28/2013
:) i really enjoyed this story.
Guest chapter 2 . 9/8/2013
how about putting nabiki in the story as the sister of naruro and on the same team as ranma,that might be interesting.
Dark maiden chapter 2 . 9/5/2013
Wwhat if ranma was brought back to Marina after
Growing up a second time and was a full forged ninja. That would be intresting
Guest chapter 2 . 6/15/2013
out of curiosity; you never mentioned who Ranma's 'best friend' was by name...at least not that i noticed. did you already specify or will that be revealed in a later chapter? like the story, please keep it going!
Clare chapter 2 . 4/7/2013
Pretty nice, I'd love to read any future chapters. I suppose there is a good balance here, Ranma's not quite overpowered but her experience and skill still show through. I'm wondering if perhaps she'll try and use chakra like ki? Personally, I love the soul of ice, and if Ranma could manage to duplicate that with chakra...

I recall a mission soon that involves cats. I wonder how that will impact the neko-ken?

Well, as I said before, I'm anticipating any future chapters that may be written. It'll be hard, but it'll be a good read after its done.
quickshot0 chapter 2 . 2/25/2013
I'm kind of surprised, that despite the team change and Naurto having some seal skills.. that the fight with Kakashi and its resolution was basically canon. I realise increased deviation from canon incurs extra effort, but it seems contrived it all seemed to have run on the same tracks really.

Another point that probably needs saying here is, is that you've changed Ranma rather much from his Canon self. So much so that it would have probably been less effort to just assume Sakura had a sister, adopted or otherwise, to get the same effect.

I'm going to guess for now though, that maybe you needed this particular setup for a later plot point?
FrictionX42 chapter 2 . 1/27/2013
Looking forward to this one! Good intro so far.
tuatara chapter 2 . 1/20/2013
I have to admit it's pretty darn good overall, but I also feel like there are some enormous missed opportunities here. There was so much potential in actually examining Ranma's development with family and friends and especially a sister, but instead that was almost entirely glossed over in favor of the same old stuff. Ranma herself is only marginally different in personality, but that's somewhat more believable.

However, this also almost entirely ignores the impact Ranma's presence would have had on the lives of those around her. For example, Sakura is essentially exactly the same character as canon? Not a chance. No way in the world! But that doesn't even really matter anyway, as she's been shunted off into utter irrelevance. She doesn't even get an actual team! That's about as definitive an authorial dismissal as can be.

So…yeah, all of that is pretty disappointing, made all the more so by the generally high quality of what we do get in the story. I will keep reading when it's updated, at least for now, but I'll likely continue to sigh for what it could have been.
SignDowny chapter 2 . 12/28/2012
This story is really cool. I've read a few Ranma 1/2 - Naruto crossovers but they are nothing compared to this one. Please continue this story.
Rabid fan chapter 2 . 12/27/2012
Please update, it's awesome!
Jerry chapter 2 . 10/10/2012
Wonderfull story so far, please continue.
Anon42 chapter 2 . 8/21/2012
Avoiding overpowering is good, but don't nerf characters either (I'm not implying you have, so don't worry).

At Ranma's height of power/skill, he was capable of moving faster than the eye can see (for normal civilians up to Akane's level), supersonic striking speed and could lift approximately 40 tons (in girl form at that!) over his head. This is canon, by the way.

The lack of/inability to use ki (that hasn't been "fixed" yet, right?) and a significantly younger body would of course make for a much weaker Ranma, which keeps everything relatively even and fair without resorting to brainless "because I say so!" reasons. He/she still has over a decade more training and experience than the other genin, so she's going to be at least marginally more skilled than them. Anything else would be completely illogical, as far as I'm concerned anyways.

All in all, I'm liking what I've seen thus far. It's by far better than some of the sucky Ranma crossovers I've seen as of late.
ruby2360 chapter 2 . 8/3/2012