Reviews for Nox Inanisque
Krazyfanfiction1 chapter 2 . 9/24/2014
lots of promise.
please continue this!
Slavok chapter 2 . 4/19/2014
I'm a Wakfu fan. I have never seen The Familiar of Zero, but suddenly I want to. That aside, your first chapter had me laughing out loud at the collective "Oh, crap," from all the mages when they realized that something had gone wrong with the familiar summoning ritual, but had no idea how wrong.

Nox is one of my favorite characters of all time. He managed to kill half the show's main characters, although not always permanently, and an entire species. And yet, despite the murder and the genocide, I can't classify him as evil. If the laws of physics hadn't gotten in the way, he would have been guilty of nothing except for a dangerous gamble that paid off. I can't even classify him as crazy. Desperate? Definitely. Broken? Most likely. Crazy? What am I, a psychiatrist?

He also never seems to catch a break. He spends twelve years getting ready to fight a dragon. He wins, and the dragon blows up in his face. He tries to go back in time. He succeeds, by twenty worthless minutes. He tries to die on his family's grave, and ends up enslaved to a little girl. Well, maybe not enslaved, but a familiar to. I'm still not entirely sure what that means. So he has to do what she says, or just protect her? Well, if a powerless and semi-perverted Japanese teenager can handle it, I think Nox will do just fine. Assuming he's willing to cooperate. Which is questionable.

Every writer has their strengths. Mine is dialogue. It's quick, easy, and gives plenty of opportunities for witty banter. It may not be as flexible as narrative, but it works. Your style is the exact opposite. You drive your story through narrative. I personally avoid that technique because it takes longer and I'm too impatient, but my narrative isn't flawless. Yours is. Every scene is coated with description, not just what the character sees, but what the character thinks and feels, and you show a history of even seemingly minor events that must have taken you an unimaginable amount of thought to, not just get in the character's head, but in his world. I applaud you for that, and I hope to see more of this story in the future, even if it takes you another twenty months to update. But I hope it won't.
Zarl chapter 2 . 12/28/2013
I like where this could be leading! Keep this up.
creeves59 chapter 2 . 12/21/2013
I like where this is going. The length is great, too. All in all, the story is a hell-of a good read. Please continue. X-)
creeves59 chapter 2 . 12/21/2013
I like where this is going. Please continue. X-)
Tankred chapter 2 . 12/18/2013
Well, she summoned Nox. All of her enemies, past and future, are now screwed.
Laconeko chapter 2 . 12/18/2013
I must admit I was somewat confused when I got an alert for chapter two of a fic I could'nt recall reading chapter 1 of, but this just proves my point that if a fic is interesting but incomplete, putting it in my alerts is never a bad idea.

You seem to have put a lot of thought into this, and I'm looking forward to seeing more of it.
nopparitari chapter 2 . 12/18/2013
I don't see how this chapter advances the story in any way, only that we now know Nox is kept under the school and that he is being manipulated in hes dreams.
readerrrr chapter 2 . 12/18/2013
It lives! IT LIVES! MWAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAAAA! MARVELOUS! YES! OTHER WORDS THAT EXPRESS ELATION!
Eliza Aacher chapter 2 . 12/17/2013
Welcome back. ;)
Ninja4hir3 chapter 2 . 12/17/2013
Woo! Wasn't sure I would see an update for this story, happy to see I was wrong. Wasn't much Nox in this chapter, but it seems like you are setting up some interesting plots here.
Farmer Kyle chapter 2 . 12/17/2013
It's great seeing this updated! I was sad to this one go quiet, especially after I looked up just what Wakfu was.

While the chapter was unfocused, you've set up a lot of ground work for the environment of your fic. Nicely done, and you've certainly made things interesting.

Good Luck in Life and Writing!
Farmer Kyle
BrazeRancor chapter 2 . 12/17/2013
Wow! Never thought I'd see this again. Some times it's good to be surprised.
Wraith of Shadow chapter 2 . 12/17/2013
Glad to see your still writing.

Not much else to say, the plot's still picking up speed.
Thespurgin chapter 1 . 10/25/2013
please... I seek an update. Is there any hope of an update to this?