Reviews for Sins of the Soldier
Purple-Avenues chapter 1 . 4/10/2012
That last line sealed it. This was really vivid. Especially if you had ptsd in mind. It flourishes within today's soldiers and I can't even imagine the aftermath WWII.

Crys

PS Also I'm not sure whether or not you're still considering that 100 themes project... but I'd read it. _
MouseMaster42 chapter 1 . 3/30/2012
AAAAAH

Happiness abounds. That was simultaneously depressing and adorable; a combination that's difficult to pull off. Well done you. My day was made.
Pocket Quasar chapter 1 . 3/3/2012
The fact that he cries about it to Hawkeye is what makes him human in your world, and that's what I love about this. That was such a good piece; just the right length, too, so don't worry about it!

And as for the Royai themes, THERE IS NEVER ENOUGH OF THEM. GO DO IT. WE'LL BE WAITING!
reminiscent-afterthought chapter 1 . 3/2/2012
This reminds me of the famous scene of Lady Macbeth. I especially loved the beginning, but the ending seems a little out of canon. After all, Hawkeye was also in Ishbal and was affected by the war as well. There was that scene where she was building a grave for an Ishbalan child after all. And her discussion with Ed in the 2009 anime.