Reviews for Bound: Part I - Bound
Loopstagirl chapter 17 . 9/5
I'm pretty sure an A/N shouldn't make me laugh as much as this one did, but I love it! Right, back up to the top in order to actually read the story now...

Atta boy, John! If you're going to go down, you're going to go down fighting so your family know that you do everything you could - even if it is much for their sakes as yours.

What can I say about this chapter apart from the fact that I love it? I love the way you have written Scott in this one. He's the one who can read John, even better than their father. He's the one that won't take no for an answer from the kids, even if Virgil's wide eyed look could fool daddy-dearest in the pasth.

What an incredible one once again!
Phoenix Sparrow chapter 20 . 9/5
That was just incredible. So very well written and clearly you put in a lot of time and effort not just to create this story, but to research for it, too. Very well done.
Loopstagirl chapter 16 . 8/20
Oh my word. You know how to break a girl's heart, don't you. This chapter was emotional enough without the flash back to the 14 year old John being too scared to be able to say to his dad what he was really feeling.

I am really lost for words on this chapter. You capture their emotions so well but it's all just so heartbreaking that I don't really know what else to say apart from your writing is amazing.

Great one, hun!
Loopstagirl chapter 15 . 8/20
I have to admit, I totally winced my way through this chapter. The description when he was having the spinal fluids taken was amazing and I totally tensed and squirmed in my chair there. Poor Johnny! The guy just needs one big hug...only he is too sore for that to actually happen.

I'm glad he wants IR back online for I think the others are going to need the distraction of the rest of the world needing them. John really can read his family far too well sometimes. I especially love the bit where he totally caught Jeff out about "going to get lunch." You should know better than to try and fool your son, Jeff!

Loving the doctor already - he sounds exactly like the sort of guy that not only John needs, but the rest of the family need to get through this. Awesome chapter!
Loopstagirl chapter 14 . 8/20
Oh Johnny... This chapter was so sad. His reaction to the others constant fussing was hardly surprising and I'm glad they all understood - that he even got through to Alan afterwards - cos he is going to need them when it comes to it later. But right now, the only one he needs to be there is his dad because everything else is just too much to take.

This is another beautifully written chapter. The emotions are really moving. I'm going to be a wreck by the end of this story, I just know it!
Loopstagirl chapter 13 . 8/20
Wow. Emotional manipulation or what. I was giggling out loud at that first bit when Gordon got his butt well and truly handed to him by pretty much all his brothers. Walking into Scott's hand. John and Alan's combined attack. It was just awesome.

But then...Then you had to go and make me well up for two different reasons. One - John's nightmare and fears... Poor guy really can't catch a break here, can he? But then two - despite all of what he is going through or feeling, he still finds himself soothed by the fact that his dad is there. Nothing else matters because Jeff is there to hold him through it.

And now I am going to recover before I can handle the next chapter because otherwise I'm going to be an emotional mess. Love it!
Loopstagirl chapter 12 . 8/20
There is something refreshingly light-hearted about this chapter compared to the drama of before and what I am sure is about to come. John not minding his cornflakes - in fact, happy about them - whereas Scott wasn't impressed. First time for everything and that might have been Scott's in regards to not enjoying food.

And then John refusing to get into the chair. In fact, stubbornly insisting he wasn't going to, folded arms and pout and everything. Or at least, the best the guy could do with one arm in a sling. Daddy-dearest not so impressed about the backwards aging happening there.

John's contemplation as they drive away and head for home is really sweet. But something tells me this is just the calm before the storm and there is a lot worse still to come. Great chapter!
Loopstagirl chapter 11 . 7/30
This... This is just perfection! The way you handle Johnny's reactions is brilliant - how he tries to put on a false front for his family and in a way for himself as well because he has to make himself do it in order to be able to get through it all. And Jeff instantly being there and awake for whenever his little boy needs him.

But I have to admit, Scott stole this chapter for me. Curled up under his blankets. Carefree and young, the way he should be but only makes it happen for a few hours a day. And his slurred speech as he emerges, touseled hair and everything.

And then both brothers laughing at their dad. Despite everything, they can still find some light in their situation because they need that light to get through it all. Some truly powerful writing, I loved it!
Loopstagirl chapter 10 . 7/30
I... I think I'm going to cry. This chapter was so heartbreakingly moving. The way he wouldn't let go of Jeff's hand and that his dad was returning the gesture just as strongly. And how Scott is hurt this time just as he was ill last time - not quite up to the big brother strength he knows he needs to be.

All of their reactions were captured perfectly. Especially Gordon remembering everything even though John wasn't sure he would.

Wow. This was I'm stunned. But your writing is amazing as it normally is! Beautiful! Now I'm gonna go and cry in a corner while I get over the emotions you portrayed here.
Loopstagirl chapter 9 . 7/20
Oh Johnny, Johnny, Johnny... I'm sensing this is more than a cold somehow. But yay that the actual injuries from the Hood's attack is something that he will make a full recovery from even if it is going to take a few weeks of him being a bit ouchy! Poor him!

But eep... This ending... I'm not sure I'm liking the sound of what is still to come. Is he going to be really ill I wonder? At least he has his family around him though, that's exactly what he needs right now!

Lovely chapter!
Loopstagirl chapter 8 . 7/20
Uh oh... Short review here, I need to click the next chapter button as fast as I can.

Another awesome chapter - I love Virg and Jeff working together in order to keep John calm. As if Scott would actually be able to properly stay asleep when his little brother is in the bed opposite him!

Awesome chapter once again!
Loopstagirl chapter 7 . 7/20
Oh I love this! I might have had a beaming smile on my face at the fact that John can move his feet again! YAY! And totally playing his brothers in order to get what he wants and the attention off him when he needs it too. Let's hope that is a sign that someone is feeling better.

I really love your narration style (you might have guessed) and just his way of observing what is going on around him despite the state that he is currently in. Loved it!
Loopstagirl chapter 6 . 7/20
Aww, Johnny, definitely loved! Virgil has really got his work cut out for him here if he is in the process of braining himself with his own palm - Scott moving and John attempting to do the same! I love the bit with him forcing Scott into the chair and hearing the whimper that John didn't intend for him to do.

This was a great take on the scene from the film, especially with John's thoughts while he was stuck on the floor listening to it. Lack of oxygen is definitely beginning to mess with their minds but looks like Gordon is somehow faring the best, keeping it together while he still can.

Another awesome chapter!
Loopstagirl chapter 5 . 7/17
I love this chapter! How can I not when Scott is being troublesome and stubborn and having to deal with the Virgil glare in order to get him to stay put. I love it when biggest brother is put in his place by the others, especially when he isn't even capable of getting up on his own right now.

Gotta love how Jeff is determined to be calm and reasonable about this, even considering the fact that John can't move might just be the least of their worries. There is a real sense of John struggling to hold it together in this chapter - poor guy!

Great chapter once again and awesomely written! Love it!
Loopstagirl chapter 4 . 7/17
So that ending is just OH MY GOD!

While I'm thinking straight, for some reason the line about Scott falling in the pit really made me laugh. Sorry, Scott, but if anyone was going to fall into a hole, it would be him. I know it's in the film, it's just your wording is awesome.

But sheesh, wow... Things are really getting tough for John here. I love his thoughts as he watches the rest of the his family - especially about Gordon growing his hair out. But then you also capture his panic really well and the way that you hold back the information even though John himself is realising it.

Great chapter!