Reviews for Bound: Part I - Bound
Ro-RoWeasley chapter 20 . 2/28/2014
Finally finished Part 1 YES! :D Sorry it's taken me so long.
Not happy how much you're hurting poor Johnny, but you do write wonderfully which kinda makes up for it! Straight onto Determined now :D
Ro-RoWeasley chapter 16 . 2/2/2014
I love Scott at the end there, such a simple reaction and yet it really speaks volumes - it sent chills down my spine! I do actually agree with him too, although John's reasoning is very mature, we want him to get better so surely he must choose help! :)
Ro-RoWeasley chapter 10 . 1/13/2014
oh man I'm in floods of tears! JOHN NOOOOOO! :'(
beautifully moving - i think i need to go out and buy a massive stack of tissues now in preparation for what's to come!
Ro-RoWeasley chapter 9 . 1/13/2014
hmmm something tells me its something much more serious than a cold, especially after all those injuries! :(
Pyre you weren't kidding when you said you loved cliffhangers! :P GAAAHHHH I must read on!
Ro-RoWeasley chapter 5 . 1/11/2014
I love Virgil here, Scott is such a stubborn ass hahaaa! :P
Ro-RoWeasley chapter 4 . 1/11/2014
I had to giggle at John's thoughts on Gordon's hair, brilliant! :D
Aww maaaan what have you done to him now, paralysed him?! :O *throws laptop at you* MEANIE! ;)
fab writing again, I love it! :D
Ro-RoWeasley chapter 2 . 12/10/2013
Is it bad to like a distressed and complaining John? :P haha great job, definitely satisfying! :) I do feel sorry for him though..
Ro-RoWeasley chapter 1 . 12/10/2013
Love it love it LOVE IT! :D already I love the way you write john, can't wait to read more! (Lucky me having the entire completed works to make my way through WOOP!)
Galaxy The Girl Wonder chapter 20 . 3/2/2013
Awesome story! Absolutely loved it
cathrl chapter 20 . 7/5/2012
Oh heck...poor old John. You haven't pulled any punches here, and I like that - some hurts just don't respond to comfort.

I liked the style better as it went on. I'm not completely sure if that's because I got more used to it or because it flows better as you get more into the character. It is very much tell rather than show - I get the impression that he's recounting it later, not going through it now (and it isn't just because it's past tense). But anyway, it's a strong voice and you're very much in his head.

There's not much about the events of the movie in it. I appreciate that this is John's story and he's worrying about other things, but there could maybe have been a bit more reference-dropping? And is IR active at the moment, or completely down? He doesn't think about it as much as I'd expect, even with what he's going through.

One thing which did throw me a bit was Jeff having to stay and look after Alan and Gordon...who are 14 and 18.

And there was a scene shift whch confused me towards the end, where one moment he's in Grandma's house and the next he's heading into hospital? Maybe a new chapter there, or just one of those big scenebreak lines? (Annoying new review system means I can't go back and look.)

I enjoyed this. Well written and presented, you've either done a shedload of medical research or you're very good at faking it (this is a compliment :) ) and I'll be reading on in the series.

(p.s. if you ever need to ask for firsthand medical details, try yahoogroup fanfic_med - they're absolutely brilliant.)
Angel-Sue76 chapter 20 . 5/15/2012
aww poor John. Wow what a read that was. Great story honey and so detailed and well written. John's point of view was amazing. This is a hard subject to me as lost a close friend to cancer so it's good to see it written sensitively and honestly.

Loved the rare hints of humour. breaks up the tension but fits perfectly. Also can relate whole heartedly to John and the wanting to die after a migraine of epic proprotions. considering you have n medical training the detail was really good.

Onto the sequel then.
Angel-Sue76 chapter 8 . 5/14/2012
oh am I so glad you finished this before I started reading or I would be jumping out of my seat right now screaming for the next.

Still brill and loving John. Oh and his bit about just knowing when you're in hospital was so true to form. Having been myself way more then once, I can totally relate to that.
Angel-Sue76 chapter 3 . 5/14/2012
Just a quick review to say I'm reading and loving this. Plus that line about roast John had me in hysterics. Love seeing this scene from the movie told from his point and good to see he was really injured not like how they made it in the movie. Great job so far off for more.
RVFan chapter 20 . 5/6/2012
Poor John...oh and by the way Mr Tracy, do not, under any circumstances whatsoever, say anything like 'Can my day get any worse?' because I've an idea it will.

Sometimes you read a phrase that is so exquisite you really wish you'd thought of it yourself and "and I thought wistfully back to a now just-out-of-reach time where I had been happy, whole and safe" is one of them.
Sam1 chapter 20 . 5/4/2012
Thanks for keeping the update for today. I've been looking forward to it since the last update and was not disappointed at all.

Reading about John's migraine made my own head hurt. Poor guy. Even with the migraine he continued with his treatment. That can't have been easy and then to add getting sick to the mix, you really put him through hell. What else do you have in store for him?

Looking forward to your next TB story, Darkflame.