Reviews for Sparks
Ruby of Raven chapter 1 . 8/3
Aw! DX Zuko!
CaraLee934 chapter 1 . 3/1
If this story was even just the third or last one, I would still feel so deeply compelled to review.

So short and simple and yet so painful.

I'll admit to a weakness for Zuko and his dao and everything they represent. You put it very nicely.

THIS!
The complicated (so very, very complicated) relationship on that ship is something I may or may not be addicted to. I've been struggling for awhile, trying to figure out how to put it and you did it! Thank you for helping me put all those nebulous impressions into a more concrete form.
Also, like the rest of the chapter, this just hurt so much to read. I love the details, Zuko's invisibility and loneliness and the battle between his desire to care and hard-learned lesson to not. And the pride the crew felt when they finally found the Avatar. Because they knew, long before anyone else, that Prince Zuko just does not give up.

This one...Zuko and Azula are the real tragedy of that show and you put that tragedy in such a neat little package wrapped with a bow and addressed to "Zuzu". I have more to say but its just as closely tied to the last section as this, so I'll put it there.

I just love Zuko and Mai. Hands down. I like the way you showed his thoughts on her from the early days.

Like I said before. THIS!
You just took all my feels and stomped on them.
Also, this is like seeing my headcannon and own thoughts on the topic written down in front of me.
As an older sibling myself, Zuko and Azula is something that I take rather personally. I can't even imagine...
The paragraph about them hit the bullseye for me. That's really all I can say.
"and in doing so he had abandoned Azula to the wolves." Of course he would feel guilty for things he did when he was still just a baby. Oh, sweetheart, you didn't sacrifice her, you never had a chance in the first place.

Love the reflection of the beginning and end.
Thank you for writing and sharing!
morriganfreeman chapter 1 . 2/21
This was a beautiful, emotional piece, well done!
Guest chapter 1 . 10/22/2014
This is pretty perfect, I really enjoyed reading
Sandra Phillips chapter 1 . 9/2/2013
So many emotions... TTATT
What a beautiful piece.
Calamitatum chapter 1 . 8/6/2013
Oh my god. That was so good. Like, you honestly did such a good job with this fic, I just had to offer you this praise before I left. Truly though, that was adorable and heartbreaking and just all around such a well-written fic. You did Zuko's POV so well. Wonderful job!
kikakakika chapter 1 . 7/14/2013
your writing give me chills on the back
keep up the good work :D
donahermurphy chapter 1 . 1/30/2013
I LOVE THIS.

Even with the inclusion the more controversial bits- like Ursa not loving Azula at all- I still mark this as one of my favorites. (And, even if I FEEL that she loved Azula, it's not like I can't see canon as capable of supporting the idea that she didn't. We had a very biased, Zuko-centric view of Ursa in ATLA, so it could work either way.)

Your writing is so good and some of your insights are so spot-on! (I also hold that Zuko was the only one who loved all of his family members. Azulon didn't love Zuko, Ozai didn't love Zuko, Ursa definetely didn't love Azulon, and Azula and Iroh sure didn't love each other.)
A Fire Nation Citizen chapter 1 . 12/24/2012
This was awesome my favorite was:
-the one about the people on Zuko's ship
-the one about Mai
-the last one about being unaware
Star Fata chapter 1 . 8/28/2012
Whoa- heavy. Loved the way you portrayed this little broken family.
Lakitalover chapter 1 . 8/1/2012
What a tragic introspection. Nicely done. I love the part about why Zuko is called Zuzu.
Whitetree-Nimloth chapter 1 . 7/1/2012
This is good insight on Zuko.
Prince Silvertongue chapter 1 . 5/16/2012
Wow... This is a very powerful piece you've got here. It has such depth yet shows it in a way that brings it to the light. Its moving and you portrayed the characters magnificently. Every single one mentioned in this one-shot.

I also noticed that about Ursa too... Though she loved Zuko unconditionally, I've always wondered why she didn't seem to love Azula. If she truly were the immaculate loving mother that Zuko deemed her to be, I bet Azula would never have turned out so cold and heartless. And about Iroh, well yes, he truly does care about his nephew but... You're right. If Lu Ten lived, he probably wouldn't have payed much attention to Zuko. As for Zuko's crew, I can imagine how they would see him in a new light after being with him and watching him grow. As for Zuko himself, you really exposed how mellow he is.

Very well written piece. In depth and powerful as I've said before and its enough to make me a bit emotional. I love it :)
Lord Lelouch chapter 1 . 4/24/2012
I really liked this oneshot.

I always did think that out of all his family members Zuko was the only one who truly loved them all regardless of whatever wrong they've done to him. I also liked how you did not potray Iroh as the saint uncle. Its true that while I roh did love Zuko a lot even before Lu Ten died he probably would not have given as much attention to Zuko as he did had Lu Ten lived.

I also liked how you explained the of how Zuko's crew thought of him. They might have hated him, probably dislked him but they did respect him and were loyal to him because out of all the royal family members Zuko was the only one who had willingly stood up to defend the lives of his soldiers and never changed that habit despite his scaring and banishment. Plus there really is something about watching someone grow up in front of your eye and getting up every time he is knocked down to fight again that tends to inspire admiration.

Have you ever thought of writing a series of oneshots in regards on the time Zuko spent on his ship with his crew and the trials he faced in those 3 years before Aand reappeared.
ButterCat chapter 1 . 4/24/2012
I don't have much time, or many words to write a proper well deserved review, but I just wanted to express how completely beautiful and moving this piece was. Your exploration of Zuko's character has yielded truly insiteful spoils, heartbreaking as they are, and the last prompt was so perfectly written that I doubt I will ever forget it. Honestly. Thank you for a rewarding read!

And if you read this to Love Interruption by Jack White, it gets that much better.