Reviews for The Legend of Gaia's Sennin
SadPandaFace30 chapter 14 . 8/17
I have made it to chapter 14 and I shall make it no further. Let me start by stating that I am not much of a Naruto fan so that may have some impact on my patience for getting through this story.

With crossover stories where a character is put into another story, there are a lot of paths that an author can take. I find that the main 2 ways are where the 2 stories interfere with each other, causing changes, or where they blend together, and basically just end up the same story. This story, at least what I read, is the latter. The story path so far has just been FF7. A lot of it just felt like the game text being copied and pasted, which doesn't always have to be bad. A lot of people like things to remain the same and follow the same path. I enjoy stories where the author can find clever ways to navigate through events and still reach the important parts we all enjoyed from the original story.

From the path so far, I feel the methods the author uses just do not keep me entertained enough to push through it. Naruto is nerfed from the start to help keep things on the same path, but I haven't seen anything yet about ways that he will grow stronger. He has been there around a year regularly training to maintain his already peak physical status. Perhaps the author just wanted to focus on the Aerith relationship and convenient moments where Naruto's jutsu would blend into FF7's story instead of how a character like Naruto should have an impact. We all find different things clever or entertaining. Perhaps I just didn't make if far enough to see the changes, but from the tone so far, I don't expect the style of the story to change enough for me in the rate it would need to in order to hold my attention.

I will say that it is written and formatted well. It was clear and doesn't leave you with much confusion about what is going on. However, I completely understand the opinions that must have came up that resulted in the early author notes about complaints of where things are going or how the story was written.

Once again, I didn't read past chapter 14 so I don't know how things go after. I might just have gotten a bad first impression. Hopefully my impression can be of use to some of you.
ken.nuhfer chapter 8 . 8/9
I just have to say I love the reference to YuYu Hakusho and Lord Koenma. Made me lmao. Good on you for that.
Trace Reading chapter 1 . 7/15
why did you... why is the explanation for the chakra network repeated so much?

(also you really ought to fix the instances of than being then, you're being your, and too being to.)
Skazer17 chapter 1 . 6/26
is this account still alive?
RecklessBaka chapter 15 . 6/22
I'd like to preface this review by saying your story is very well written. And while this may come across as harsh, a certain part in this chapter was especially hard to read and definitely not something I expected from a writer of your caliber.

Naruto's lecture was absolutely painful to read, from many different facets. Something of that nature should have been done as an actual discussion between the characters, not just Naruto sitting on a high horse dispensing wisdom like he's a school teacher. The Avalanche group are a rag-tag group of characters with goals, ideals, and motivations. Yet they're given none of that courtesy. No chance to defend themselves, no ability to explain where they come from or how they came to go against Shinra. It was just Naruto giving a monologue and it all boiling down to him lecturing everyone on why they're all stupid as hell. It doesn't treat any of them as actual characters, but more just stepping stones for Naruto to show off how awesome and knowledgeable he is. Why not have an engaging back and forth? You've written the characters in this story as actual characters, why stop now?

Are Naruto's critiques valid? Yes, I don't think anyone could argue they're not. But the way that this chapter handled it was incredibly poor. The critiques are also way too perfect. It's as if Naruto somehow gained FFVII information from the author, and is able to draw 100% factual critiques about Shinra, Avalanche, and the world around him. I didn't know Naruto was Shikamaru levels of genius, especially in a world he didn't even grow up in. It went beyond the level of logical deductions that Naruto could have pieced together with his own investigations on Shinra and information on Avalanche. It was too perfect, as if the author inserted himself into Naruto for the sake of that scene.

And the coup de grace is the end of the lecture.

"Oh great sage Naruto, with you and your infinite wisdom how should we stop Shinra destroying the planet?"

"I dont have all the answers"

So Naruto goes on an entire monologue on how Avalanche are idiots, without offering any semblance of a different possible solution? Is Naruto a redditor?
You know what, that's what the entire paragraphs felt like. A reddit user posting an essay on why Avalanche are all idiots and wrong. Pass and collect upvotes.

You're a great author. I know from reading the other stories you've written and from this story as well. The development and chemistry between Naruto and Aerith is something I greatly enjoy. It's properly paced and developed. Which is why I'm going to continue reading and enjoying the story.

I just felt I needed to get this off my chest.

But still, thank you for taking the time out of your life to write this story for us readers. I truly appreciate it.
ADRIANO FELIPE N chapter 35 . 6/16
Isso é sençasional quero que continue assim
I hope you can read this, I just want to say that I really like what you did on including Sasuke on the plot. Fics with multiple corssover characters are prestty rare.
That’s not how regeneration works
Rairi Valelira chapter 1 . 3/9
Sometimes completely changing a character does not work. But well au gonna do au stuff. Looks interesting but can tell this will annoy the heck out of me.
Are you going to post another chapter of the ten tailed wolf story I liked that lot

SlyFox9 chapter 18 . 2/26
So I was wondering in the beginning of this chapter how did the group got captured?
Also I’m really loving how lovey dovey Naruto and Aerith are. Really cute.
SlyFox9 chapter 17 . 2/25
I really loved the kiss scene between Naruto and Aerith. Really cute. I hope by the time I continue reading, Cloud and Tifa will have their own romantic moment together.
SlyFox9 chapter 16 . 2/24
I cracked up on the stair climbing scene. I just love it how Barret keeps bitching about climbing up all those steps. Lol.
SlyFox9 chapter 15 . 2/24
Woah. Naruto really let Barret have it. While I’m happy that Jessie survived, I’m was a bit sad that Biggs and Wedge didn’t make it.
2,573 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »