Reviews for Too Close
RascalJoy chapter 1 . 4/15
What what what what what what... You're killing me. I swear, every time I read one of your more dramatic fics, I feel like I die a bit inside. WONDERFUL job!
And YES, I can't believe how little Batfam there is in Young Justice! I mean, I get that it's supposed to be about a team of partners, but still, they don't have to make it like their mentors never mattered!
Just one funny little error: "a punch of worried kids"? ;)
Keep up the HEART WRENCHING work!
Koulabwy chapter 1 . 11/17/2013
I agree that there wasn't enough Batman and Robin father/son love in that episode. You can see it in subtle tid-bits in the other episodes, but there's just not enough to really cement the evidence of the bond between them. Maybe the writers do that on purpose; I wouldn't really know. I'm glad you wrote a fic like this and as per the usual I think your style is great. You really captured the emotions between them without overdoing the angst/fluff. It was just right. What made it all the more heart-wrenching for me was that I had "Safe and Sound" by Me Vs Gravity going through my head while I read your story. The song seems to fit perfectly and matched the mood you set really well. Great job.
Brightpath2 chapter 1 . 12/29/2012
Relief.
Yeah that episode scared me to death for the most part.
I was also extremely mad that their was no Batman and Robin anything. They do seem to avoid having the two of them interact hardly at all. I mean . . . there was that one little bit in Downtime, but that's about it.
doglover500 chapter 1 . 8/6/2012
I really liked reading this story and i was wondering if i could do Wally and barry together using ur title but have a number 2 beside it
ObsessiveFanNumber1 chapter 1 . 7/2/2012
This is adorable. I agree that there really should've been something for Batman and Robin with this. Dick's parents already were killed; losing Bruce and Alfred would've hit him extremely hard. Obviously he wouldn't show it with the rest of the world (meaning the dimension the kids were all in) relying on the YJ team to be leaders, but it would've been really sweet if they had this sort of scene in the episode. Love this one-shot! Bat-fam support! 3 3 3
Lady Cavalier chapter 1 . 5/25/2012
I love this so much.

I love overprotective Batman and the fact that he appears to be a worried father in this story. He needs Dick just as much as Dick needs him. Thank you for this.

Much love.
fallenfromthetop chapter 1 . 3/16/2012
So you wanted to see the bat fluff too, huh? I'm glad I'm not the only one, I thought there was way too little bat-fluff in there, this story totally made up for it. UPDATE YOUR OTHER STORY TOO! I LOVE THEM!
Awsomaniatica chapter 1 . 3/13/2012
Very touching! :D
GordonTheWhale chapter 1 . 3/8/2012
I LOVE this story! I totally agree with you, I wish that they would show at least some of Batmans and Robin relationship! Just one scene! Preferably an entire episode, but whatever works! XD this story actually made up for the fact that they didn't have a bat-moment in the episode, I'll just pretend that this actually happened! XD keep it up!
YJ-Obsessed chapter 1 . 3/6/2012
Okay, adorbs! I love how real that is. The emotions and everything.
Princess613 chapter 1 . 3/6/2012
Actually, Wally being neglected, if not physically abused, is comic book canon, so there is precedent.

One does have to wonder at the lack of Batman/Robin comfort scenes, especially given their history.
JakeFL chapter 1 . 3/6/2012
LOL, yeah, Greg Weisman himself said that the Wests are a loving family on Earth 16, so there's never gonna be any evidence. But I'll agree that, once again, we were SO missing out on a Bat Family moment! But, whatevs. Next episode'll be Wally centric and hopefully there'll be a lot more Dick centric episodes coming up as the season draws to a close.

Excellent fic, by the way.
Reading Nut Cassirole chapter 1 . 3/4/2012
Good story and I totally agree bout the bat rob moment

Keep up the good work :)
Jay chapter 1 . 3/4/2012
Beuatiful. You did a really great job on this one shot!

Though, Wally didn't have a happy home life in the comics, and it was borderline abuse, so I guess people thought that would roll over to the telly show
candyapples101 chapter 1 . 3/4/2012
Really really tearful moment when Zatana lost her dad, there was no batman/robin time I wanted to scream. I'm too, starting to suspect they don't want Father/son moment with those two! It's like they played basketball thats supposed to be enough fluff? We didn't even see them play! Not accecptable! Ugh! They better have a whole episode just for the two or else... they will have some pist off fans don't be suprised when people start mailing in threats to burn down comic shops (jk...)

I really needed a story like this!Thanks!