Reviews for Boogeyman
Guest chapter 1 . 1/16/2014
Good story, but where is the "Time and Again" that it's tied to? I didn't see it here, and I'd like to read it. Other reviewers seem familiar with it.
FABreader chapter 1 . 3/9/2012
Loved the way little Johnny faced his fear, took the offensive and came out a winner.

A lovely story and well deserving of the win. Good work.
Chrysexanthe chapter 1 . 3/7/2012
Absolutely LOVED this story!

You have such a way with the young Tracy boys - your stories are always a pleasure to read.

Hoping you'll be doing more writing soon. :-)
mcj chapter 1 . 3/5/2012
Boomercat - this was a wonderful piece.

I remember being a little girl and terrified of the Boogeyman! You took me back there - made me face it - and the journey was FAB. A tale for children and wonderfully told.

Loved it. My vote for best story in the TIWF challenge.

mcj
quiller chapter 1 . 3/4/2012
I loved the original 'Time and again' and this sequel, telling John's part of the story, complements it perfectly. What I particularly like is that you manage to keep to the vocabulary and viewpoint of a small child.

This was a great story and well deserved to win the challenge; it got my vote!

Pen
thunderbird5 chapter 1 . 3/4/2012
boogeyman. Oh yeah. I remember that guy. My twin brother use to tell me that the boogeyman only came to take little girls and not boys. He use to tell that to me everytime i came home for the weekend or holiday from school. I was only 5 and beleaved it.
tiylaya chapter 1 . 3/4/2012
I truly loved this story. You wove together an interesting plot, while at the same time giving a real insight into Johnny's thoughts and characters.

'Time and Again' was a dark and haunting story, and something of that carries over into this one - with a tangible sense of threat permeating the opening sections, even if we know it's mostly in Johnny's mind. 'Boogeyman' turns that around though, showing the resilience of the Tracys, and John in particular, even at the darkest times. The way he resolved to defend his father and siblings was very true to character, and showed both his courage and his intense loyalty and love for his family.

I enjoyed his interaction with the rest of the family too. Jeff's concern over his hysterical son came across very well and Scott was very much the perfect big brother here.

Thanks for sharing a very sweet and well-written story.
JoTracy123 chapter 1 . 3/3/2012
ok you have me feeling for Johnny here. you did a really good job with it, no wonder it ended up winning lots of love JO X