Reviews for Such Good Luck
The Silver Phoenix chapter 5 . 7/2/2012
This was absolutely lovely - I loved the little dog (the scene at the train station always makes me tear up) and I love how you've made these scenes feel so realistic and emotional. Bravo!

The Silver Phoenix
Jana118 chapter 5 . 7/1/2012
So it turns out it's hard to type a review when you're blinking back tears! Oh my goodness, these were all so sweet and perfect and heart breaking and well-written and such an interesting concept. Thanks for sharing!
Keren chapter 5 . 6/27/2012
This is so beautiful I can't keep the tears in after one Last Journey beautiful so wonderfully written! thank you
Avivush chapter 5 . 6/17/2012
beautifully written, the last chapter make me all teary and emotional,

thank you!
everyhazyday chapter 5 . 5/29/2012
I think this may be one of my favorite things I have ever read. It's so lovely and perfect. Sweet little moments into what could be their lives... I can't even put into words all that I feel, but wonderful job, really.
Crumby chapter 5 . 5/28/2012
Great story! Loved the brevity, and emotions. Thank you. :)
rlhp chapter 5 . 5/20/2012
You have me in tears! This is so beautiful!
Shiirael chapter 5 . 3/31/2012
Utterly excellent collection of vignettes; beautiful work! As an earlier reviewer said, you really *get* Mary and Matthew, I think, and your writing (both descriptive and the dialogue) is reminiscent of the actual show and time period. But, heavens, if you do write more DA fanfic (and I hope you do), please try not to make us choke up or openly cry over every 3 out of 5 chapters.
Lady Etiquette chapter 5 . 3/21/2012
Such lovely writing, Ricole. Progressive vignettes leading from marriage to Matthew's death. **sigh** Really touching and good story telling. Thank you, thank you!
canuck09 chapter 5 . 3/14/2012
That was terrific! I loved reading all the different scenarios you managed to create, all from one little toy dog! Really well done and thanks for sharing!
EOlivet chapter 5 . 3/14/2012
I've been remiss in reviewing, but I thought this was a very sweet story. This last chapter is an absolute marvel. I have rarely seen this scenario explored, so I was thrilled (albeit crushed) to see it addressed here. Mary hearing the train whistle, "until we meet again"...utterly fantastic imagery. The idea of death as one more journey they have to make apart, but that the lucky charm will keep them together, somehow. And though it's Mary with the lucky charm, making the rest of her journey with him, still she wishes him "such good luck." :( Utterly masterful. Gorgeous job - keep writing! :)
Eienvine chapter 5 . 3/13/2012
Oh my gosh, I almost cried! That was so beautiful. This whole story has been fantastic. Thank you so much for sharing it with us.
MistressBlack523 chapter 5 . 3/12/2012
The last chapter had me in tears the moment I realised what was going to happen. I was a blubbing mess! And then when he gave her back the toy, god I think I was tearing up well after the story ended when I just thought about it!

It was so beautifully written. I love every aspect of this story and the way you ended it was perfect.
patsan chapter 5 . 3/12/2012
"I'm not sure I remember how to do this without you"

This line had me crying like a baby, it speaks of a life lived together, of so many good times, and bad times too. A full life, and a happy one. And when you think about it, isn't this what we all hope for at the end of the day?

Thank you for this beautiful story.
Vanessa chapter 5 . 3/11/2012
I've honestly NEVER commented on fan fiction before since most of what I've read I haven't been impressed by. Every single chapter you wrote was fantastic but I particularly loved the last two chapters. In spite of the brevity, you made me fear for Mary's son's safety in WWII. And the last chapter was sad/warm at the same time. Definitely keep writing!
49 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »