Reviews for Lunch with Lenny
Smithy chapter 1 . 10/4/2013
You did this so brilliantly, I can imagine that Steve is feeling what a lot of police and first-responders feel when they arrive at a mass-killing and there are more questions than answers, especially what goes in the mind of those responsible. I can also imagine the agonious grief of the husband after discovering his dead wife and child. It probably will stick with him for the rest of his life.
Tanith2011 chapter 1 . 7/16/2012
Wow! Firstly my reading and reviewing this fantastic story is way over due and I do apologize for the delay. Secondly, I would like to thank you for the dedication, that was very thoughtful and sweet of you.

Finally, this story was so well written I could see it all enfold as if I were watching an episode on the TV screen. You kept Lenny, Steve and Mike's characterization canon with the series. Steve's retelling of the tragic shooting rampage at the preschool and physical therapy office was captivating and powerfully conveyed the devastation and feeling of helplessness that he was experiencing at the time. The style you write in also makes this story all the more easy to read and visualize the scenes.

Terrific imagery of the bloody rampage. Even though Steve was re-telling it, I was on the edge of my seat!

Excellent dialogue! I was particularly impressed by the way you wrote Lenny's as he analyses Steve's thoughts and behavior.

The light touches of humor in the right places was perfectly executed.

I needed tissues reading about how the husband lost his wife and their unborn child. I could feel the sadness as I read this through Steve's eyes.

The following, I feel, is symbolic to the special bond that Mike and Steve share as best friends and partners in the act of duty:

Steve offered a sad smile. "We will. Oh, and tell your wife the sandwich was good. Does she often pack for two?"

"Only when a concerned friend calls me the night before."

Has Lenny helped Steve? Yes I think he has. Steve needed someone other than Mike to open up to about his feelings. I think letting it all to Lenny out was the starting point to his acceptance that he did what he could to save many lives that day and the fatalities were not his fault. I could see his emotions changing from one of tension to relief as he poured his heart out.

Definitely one of my favorites! Bravo :-)
arkagy chapter 1 . 3/3/2012
Oh that was nice. I really enjoyed it and thank you so much for the credit. i am incredibly flattered.