Reviews for Deviant
Guest chapter 1 . 10/20/2013
Like the message you send across about how Mindy is struggling with growing up including her sexuality. I felt the content was a bit off, but it is your work and you are intitled to write what you wish. Happy writing and no disrespect intended; if any was taken.

NightSteed Out-
Blazen chapter 1 . 9/9/2013
Harsh. I always wondered about that kick to the balls with a bat. How wasn't anything damaged? Or was it in the comic?
WhiteTigerLilly chapter 1 . 9/1/2013
LOL, Do it /RIGHT/!

This didn't freak me out so much. I'm just sad he lost his nuts. :( Poor Dave! I mean, I saw the beating in the movie but I didn't think of permanent damage.

Mako's awesome.
x3 Josie
Hickabickaboo chapter 1 . 6/23/2012
You nailed the dark vibe pretty well. Where I see “Only You” as being sad, you achieved a whole other level of dysfunction by making both of them broken. However, while this might be F’d up in “real” life (and it would be), in the Kick-Ass world, as you’ve painted it, it seems strangely fitting for Mindy and Dave to have yet another reason why they would work with anyone else. They are two messed up pieces of one whole. Great work. Oh, I’ve decided to forgo all the existential questions this time.
Per chapter 1 . 3/25/2012
It's good but please watch Barry Monday, a movie about a man who looses his nads. Thing is, most men who are castrated are given hormone pills and they, most of the time, can still have orgasms, just dry ones, but still penetrative orgasms. Just saying.
Meteoricshipyards chapter 1 . 3/13/2012
That's a rather sad story - two damaged people clinging to each other, afraid (I guess), of getting help.

But well done.

Thanks for the story.

Tom A.
forcedInduction chapter 1 . 3/8/2012
I like it. Sometimes what works doesn't really fit into everyone's definition of "right." It still works, though.

I can see Mindy having a thing for conquest.
sj chapter 1 . 3/4/2012
I think you succeeded in doing it "right". This story is a lot more creepy than Only her.

One issue though, I don't understand the significance of Dave not having enough testostrone.

That stuff distracted me from the actual plot.

But I think I understand why used the comic as base. Dave in comic is lot more screwed up, and fits your theme.
TorontoBatFan chapter 1 . 3/4/2012
Interesting fic.

I see you're using the comic continuity where Dave got electo-shocked by the mob.

One thing I need to point out though, is that Dave was NOT rendered impotent or lost his nads, or anything of the sort.

At the end of final issue, he's still hoping to get with Katie. If he'd lost his nads, I think he would've been far less willing to try to do that. And afterwards, he says that whacked off to the pictures Katie sent him of her getting it on with Carl. So, I think that his equipment is still working pretty well. Plus, he says he has no regrets about becoming Kick-Ass. Now, if he'd lost his nads, I think that would've been a pretty major regret.

So, overall, I think his testosterone would be flowing pretty well and all his equipment would be working fine.
dogbertcarroll chapter 1 . 3/4/2012
Very twisted. Nice work.
Makokam chapter 1 . 3/3/2012
Actually, what you have here is kind of halfway between /Precocious Crush/ and /Only Her/. I'd say more about that and their ages but this isn't the place.

Now, the last time I studied biology was over a decade ago in...9th or 10th grade, so I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the testes don't have all that much to do with testosterone. At the very least, whatever they did to Dave's balls couldn't have more of an effect on him than a vasectomy would...or would it? I don't know.

But Mindy I think was handled rather well. It seems like the sort of reaction a girl in her circumstances would have. Though I don't think her needing to force him to get off would have anything to do with her childhood. But that's just because I'm of the beliefe that certain things are just about how our brains are wired. Why two people can see, or hear of, something for the first time and one get turned on and the other off. Moving on.

Despite all that, I do like the idea that they're together because they're too fucked up to be with anyone else. It's kind of like a darker version of TBF's reasoning.

Oh, and thanks for...plugging my fic? Whatever. Glad it inspired you and hope to see more from you.

Makokam out.

P.S. Oh, after a certain point I'd imagine Mindy wasn't "forcing" Dave anymore so... And by the end, were you implying they were actually fucking, or was it still just...mutual masturbation or whatever?